Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613319 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3780 on: June 02, 2013, 03:37:06 pm »
Shame to see CCBC parks dept seem to have slipped back into the last years farce,the grass is a mess and well overgrown all over town.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3781 on: June 02, 2013, 03:47:08 pm »
Seen in a Takeaway window in Mostyn St:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3782 on: June 02, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »
So who will add the ING?  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3783 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:33 pm »
Walked passed the town beach tonight,the tide was in so only a little bit of sandy beach showing,it was covered in rubbish,i wonder if the lazy buggers in the cabin will get a rake out and clean it in the morning.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3784 on: June 11, 2013, 08:01:11 am »
It appears the new Tweedle dumb and Tweedle dee and the Cheshire cat have arrived in the CCBC depot,can;t say i have seen any new plinths built for them on the West Shore or in Haulfre gardens so im not sure how long they are going to sit in the depot out of site.If i remember rightly it took them months to build the others.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3785 on: June 11, 2013, 08:08:52 am »
The annual CCBC tradition of putting flagpoles on the Prom without any flags on is once again underway:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3786 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:34 pm »
The new Alice sculptures have been dumped on the builders st CCBC depot,oops sorry its supposedto be a coach park.

Offline romanjohn

« Reply #3787 on: June 12, 2013, 01:21:37 am »
 Where have all the flowers gone. I said to David. here in Portsmouth our flower beds and baskets are paid for by local firms. Are there any local goverment grants that you can apply for.How is the lack of toilets going are any local firms helping out on this problem. I For one would not want the general public wanting to use my Hotel / Shop as a public toilet.Here in portsmouth we have the same problem A lot of firms have said H/S  it will cause problems.We are still in limbo with our South parade pier the owners are saying we will do that will we do this in good time for the season it will be over soon I  hope to go out with my daughter and take some pictures on sunday  To show as a seaside resort you are not alone.   good night.  romanjohn

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3788 on: June 12, 2013, 08:03:56 am »
Look forward to seeing your photos, John.

I've never understood why CCBC doesnt make full use of sponsorship to pay for flower beds etc, practically every other local authority does so. I noticed the other day that areas of summer bedding down by Bog Island have recently been planted out with perennials to save money.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3789 on: June 12, 2013, 08:24:15 am »
I like the two baskets that Mostyn estates have put up on the Tudno Castle.We need a fountain on bog island as a center piece,can you sort it DaveR.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3790 on: June 12, 2013, 09:00:37 am »
I like the two baskets that Mostyn estates have put up on the Tudno Castle.We need a fountain on bog island as a center piece,can you sort it DaveR.
It would look great, but CCBC have never been very good at water features. The fountain in Queens Gardens, Colwyn Bay looks great though.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3791 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:29 am »
Fester was just saying that he though this sort of fountain would be suitable for the Bog Island site?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3792 on: June 12, 2013, 10:13:12 am »
Good idea! and the sound of running water would be good for trade in the toilets too! All those extra 20p's  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3793 on: June 12, 2013, 11:33:25 am »
Good idea! and the sound of running water would be good for trade in the toilets too! All those extra 20p's  :laugh:

Providing, of course, that the Bog Island Toilets are in operation.   Last time I passed by the Disabled facilities were, apparently, disabled!
 :o
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3794 on: June 12, 2013, 12:38:04 pm »
Hearing that Broadway Boulevard has closed it's doors for good.
Will the last drinking establishment left in Llandudno please turn out the lights