Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2647063 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3915 on: July 05, 2013, 08:11:37 am »
Perhaps herein lies a prima facie case of MALADMINISTRATION by the Authority!    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3917 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39:04 am »
"The Xfor employees have no powers of arrest or detention. If a "suspect" refuses to give their details the police are called. Xfor employees are discouraged from chasing suspects who run away. But they are told to make it clear that they will attempt to trace them."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/may/14/litter-law-enforcers-blaenau-gwent

Offline Linda

« Reply #3918 on: July 05, 2013, 11:18:49 am »
I am so angry to here how we treat the elderley anyway now these litter officers targeting young mums with children. Its disgusting when the other week i posted how the beach in Colwyn had been left, no one was about then to police the area they would have made a bomb there. I had to remind my daughter with her toddler and new baby to be so careful what fell out of her bag or pockets , as we all know with little ones tissues get stuffed into our pockets etc. When i heard about the child with the dummy I was livid. I think we need to protest as well as people like my mother or my daughters with kiddies would be devastated with that amount of fine. If required £20 would be sufficient to make folk think twice anyway. What a bl--dy scam! 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3919 on: July 05, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »
This seems to be the new version of parking clamping! To me it would be fair if the officers said "excuse me but you've dropped something" if you pick it up, end of story, if you refuse then fair enough accept the fine. There is a big difference between deliberately throwing litter on the ground and accidentally dropping something, this is just about earning cash  $angry$. I wonder what happens if you accidentally drop a ten pound note?  WWW

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3920 on: July 05, 2013, 12:40:13 pm »
I wonder what happens if you accidentally drop a ten pound note?  WWW

Let the chap pick it up and you probably won't hear another peep about the incident!    ;D
Cicero

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #3921 on: July 05, 2013, 02:07:47 pm »
in mosyn street today an elderly couple [visitors] the old chap dropped the cellophane wrapper of his sweet ,whoosh NO not a seagull but one of the prats the council have bought in read his rights and slapped him with a £ 75 FINE , oh yes loads of paper bags /paper blowing along but sod that , ppor sods thats about half a weeks pension gone .

Was the wrapper dropped by accident or deliberately dropped?  If it was deliberate then I have no sympathy regardless of the chap's age and I'd consider the prat to the chap responsible for littering rather than the one enforcing the rules.  I don't get the argument that it's ok to drop litter if there's already lots of litter blowing around, it's a bit like saying you shouldn't prosecue a thief who gets caught in the act just because lots of other thiefs haven't been caught.  And if visitors really want to drop litter on the floor then they should keep hold of it until they get home and drop it on the floor of their own town  :twoface:.

If it was dropped by accident then I agree the response was OTT.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3922 on: July 05, 2013, 04:46:57 pm »
I think that, according to the Law, the Baby that dropped the dummy, should have been the one to be given the FPN.  Then being below the age of responsibility, any further action would have been fruitless.   :D

I've looked for a copy of the Litter Regulations etc.  but cannot find them on CCBC web site.  Can anyone steer me to them?   :(

Or are they just keeping us in ignorance of the Law?   :o
Cicero

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #3923 on: July 05, 2013, 06:58:36 pm »
It seems to be the law of the land rather than Council regulations - check Wikipedia entry for "litter". 
Yorkie is right if the child dropped the dummy it would not be an offence. Could this story be a wind-up ?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3924 on: July 05, 2013, 07:20:42 pm »
With a Baby, it could be the wind, but a drop of gripe water could solve that! :D
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3925 on: July 05, 2013, 07:42:13 pm »
It's all here and a bit of a hard read.  Can't find any loopholes so far, but there must be one or two!   ;)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2005/16/introduction
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #3926 on: July 05, 2013, 11:17:42 pm »
I am so angry to here how we treat the elderley anyway now these litter officers targeting young mums with children. Its disgusting when the other week i posted how the beach in Colwyn had been left, no one was about then to police the area they would have made a bomb there. I had to remind my daughter with her toddler and new baby to be so careful what fell out of her bag or pockets , as we all know with little ones tissues get stuffed into our pockets etc. When i heard about the child with the dummy I was livid. I think we need to protest as well as people like my mother or my daughters with kiddies would be devastated with that amount of fine. If required £20 would be sufficient to make folk think twice anyway. What a bl--dy scam!

Offline Linda

« Reply #3927 on: July 05, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »
The above photo taken a few weeks ago on the new beach in Colwyn Bay, where were these litter inspectors then, shame on them finding the easy targets instead.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3928 on: July 06, 2013, 12:00:23 am »
It seems to be the law of the land rather than Council regulations - check Wikipedia entry for "litter". 
Yorkie is right if the child dropped the dummy it would not be an offence. Could this story be a wind-up ?

I think not, the chap who witnessed it is not renowned for such things, and was visibly angered by what he had seen.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3929 on: July 06, 2013, 08:44:14 am »
This is an interesting case and - were it not for the fact that XFOR has a reputation for this type of bizarre behaviour - I would tend to think that there was more to it.

In fact, had the couple refused point-blank to pay they would have been on safe ground, as there is nothing in criminal law that holds a parent accountable for the actions of their offspring. Under the Children Act it might be possible to examine whether the parents were exercising due care and attention in regard to the care of their child, but any prosecution for that would almost certainly fail, even if there were anyone in CPS or the Police unwise enough to try to mount such a case. In any case, under the legislation to which Yorkie pointed the only offence which could be committed by the child would be to fail to supply its full name and address when so questioned and, because of its age, no action could be taken anyway.

The elderly couple, however, would not be quite so lucky.  Once again, the most significant offence would be to fail to supply name and address when questioned;  most courts, however, would be irritated were prosecutions bought against law-abiding guests of the town for a very minor infraction where significant doubt existed as to whether they even knew they'd dropped the litter.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.