Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613199 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4200 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
Perishing--- and I have a wash kitchen full of people's wet coats dripping on the floor !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4201 on: September 06, 2013, 08:43:02 pm »
A mayor is calling for traffic lights at the exit from a retail park to be scrapped to stop long tailbacks of vehicles.

Llandudno businessman Gary Burchett wants the lights at the Conwy Road exit of  Mostyn Champneys in Llandudno to be replaced by a ‘give way’ sign. And he’s also calling for a mini roundabout at the exit to Mostyn Broadway.

He explained: “This year there have been complaints that exiting the park at peak times can take a long time because of tailbacks from the traffic lights.

“Similarly on Mostyn Broadway vehicles can wait a long time for an opportunity to get out of the junction at the existing ‘give way’ sign.

“In order to improve the traffic flow from Charlotte Road on Conway Road I would like Conwy County Council to consider suspending the traffic light system and replacing it with a ‘give way’ sign.

“As the system is set up to only allow traffic to to turn left onto Conwy Road vehicles could quite easily filter in as all the traffic flowing along Conway Road is already slowing for the Links roundabout,” he suggested.

“At the the other end of the retail park the exit from Charlotte Road onto Mostyn Broadway is always congested due to the poor visibility caused by parked vehicles and the position of the bus stop immediately opposite the junction.

“Here I would like the highways department to consider the installation of a mini roundabout as I believe this would greatly enhance the traffic flow both on and off the park while causing only minimal disruption to the traffic flow on Mostyn Broadway.”

His proposal was discussed last night (Wednesday) by the town council’s planning and transportation committee and subject to members’ approval will then be forwarded to Conwy County Council for consideration.

Conwy Council cabinet member Philip Evans represents the Tudno ward which includes the retail park.

He commented: “The need for a mini-roundabout at the junction of Charlotte Road and the Broadway was identified when the extensions to Venue Cymru were planned in the mid 90s.

“Funding was supposed to be there for this as part of the project but it was never carried out and I have never been able to establish where the budget went. The matter has been raised many times since without any success. Hopefully it can be looked at again.

“In relation to the junction onto Conway Road, I have not been aware of any particular issues.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/mayor-calls-new-traffic-management-5842610

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4202 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:26 pm »
wrex has been complaining about those traffic lights for years on this forum.

It simply needs for the traffic lights to be kept on green for a bit longer.

To do away with them altogether will not help pedestrians to cross that junction because pedestrians rely on the lights changing to red to allow them to safely cross the junction.

A mini-roundabout makes sense at the other exit but it may once again make crossing Mostyn Broadway even more dangerous for pedestrians than it is now because pedestrians won’t walk down to the swimming pool to cross safely over on the pedestrian crossing and then walk back to the bus stop.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #4203 on: September 07, 2013, 04:57:58 am »
“Funding was supposed to be there for this as part of the project but it was never carried out and I have never been able to establish where the budget went

Check Guto Bebb's meal receipts.  $dins$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4204 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55:50 am »
Some very impressive cloud formations over Llandudno Bay yesterday:

Offline hollins

« Reply #4205 on: September 09, 2013, 10:36:38 am »
Love that one DaveR.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #4206 on: September 10, 2013, 01:32:55 am »
Love that one DaveR.

Yea, looks impressive. I have not seen any clouds in months.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4207 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:20 am »
Why?

Are you still in Alcatraz?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #4208 on: September 10, 2013, 07:41:44 am »
Why?

Are you still in Alcatraz?

:laugh: No, I escaped in June.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4209 on: September 11, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »
https://spacehive.com/followthewhiterabbit#undefined

This seems to have been ages getting off the ground-- also what is happening to the two 'unused ' statues?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #4210 on: September 11, 2013, 06:36:25 pm »
This seems to have been ages getting off the ground

Could be something to do with this....

£20 pledged by 1 funder

Our goal
£12,466

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4211 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:26 pm »
I think one of the unused ones should replace the Alice one, outside the Railway Station.

It is rubbish and quite sinister, more befitting the 'Wicked Witch of the West'
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4212 on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:47 am »
The Home Office Immigration Service has been carrying out raids in Llandudno early this morning,

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4213 on: September 12, 2013, 11:31:43 am »
Saw them in Craig y don this morning hiding behind the co-op.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4214 on: September 12, 2013, 01:24:39 pm »
Who was hiding? The hunters or the hunted?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.