Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2650079 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4320 on: October 03, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »
First can I apologise as it was me that wrote it and i will be cleaning it up i was given the wrong paint, it was meant for encouragement toward a friend that was race as he was very nervous and he had a good race. So sorry for any inconvenience cause if any?

Secondly haven’t you lot got anything better to do the race brings people to Llandudno it was a bit of paint (should of been chalk paint my mistake) you got out of your car and ran your finger over it why? Paint is paint? Madness if you ask me? And as for rhos on sea club I was spectator supporting a friend that isn’t even in rhos on sea club, if you looked i wrote a few clubs names on the road ? i take it you lot didn’t watch tour of Britain or Italy or France or Poland etc., well this was the Great Orme race which is getting bigger every year was my first year at the event and it really shows Llandudno’s good side (there isn’t many) so that’s my rant over stop moaning and complaining and it will be gone as long as the weather stay dry sorry again!!!!!

Regards
Spectator of the great orme race 
 $walesflag$

So you have admitted criminal damage, being so stupid as not to know what kind of paint it is seems like no defence at all! Hopefully you will be happy to pay CBCC to clean it up!
Before you start off again I have no problem with the cycle race, good luck to them!  :cyclist40:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4321 on: October 03, 2013, 04:25:57 pm »
As it was becoming clear this is now a major issue, a high level Investigation Team from the Three Towns Forum was dispatched to the Marine Drive this afternoon, with instructions to both investigate the nature of the graffiti and assess how easy its removal would be.

Our investigation revealed that the paint used was permanent and resisted Fester's best efforts to remove it (pic 1). There also appeared to be a gratuitous use of Elvis lyrics in the second example, which forced Fester to adopt a suitably Elvish pose (pic 2).

In conclusion, the Team said that the paint would require a high power pressure washer to remove it. We wish 'getalife' all the best in finding a suitable electric socket to plug one in on the Marine Drive and trust that he will not mind CCBC sending him a bill if they have to remove it all.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4322 on: October 03, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »
 $good$
Well done lads !

_))* _))* _))*

Was that Mr Muscle?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4323 on: October 03, 2013, 05:20:42 pm »
 _))*  getalife will also need a very long hose pipe for the pressure washer! Perhaps Kowalski can assist?

Offline Jack

« Reply #4324 on: October 03, 2013, 06:26:28 pm »
Would it burn off? With a Corby Trouser Press perhaps!?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4325 on: October 03, 2013, 06:36:27 pm »
The trouser press does not get hot enough, no 13 Amp sockets available either!  :laugh:

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4326 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:08 pm »
the EDL visit was unimportant in the general scheme of things.

Welcome to Llandudno, the Queen of Welsh Resorts. You'll love it!!!! Graffiti is unacceptable but they don't mind a bit of Anti-Muslim racism.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #4327 on: October 03, 2013, 06:54:55 pm »
Bodhyfred rd closes on the 21 oct till May for the Clarence,i wonder if they are getting a proper firm in or is it continuing with such a mish mash of workers.The police will have a bit of a diversion to get to the nice folk,i see another vresident of Bodhyfred rd has been done for having a knife,why are all the dregges being housed in Llandudno.

If you think Llandudno gets all the dregges I suggest you visit the Rothesey Hotel in Colwyn Bay (or the shelter on the prom across the road)  :o.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Dave

« Reply #4328 on: October 03, 2013, 07:13:36 pm »
the EDL visit was unimportant in the general scheme of things.

Welcome to Llandudno, the Queen of Welsh Resorts. You'll love it!!!! Graffiti is unacceptable but they don't mind a bit of Anti-Muslim racism.

Excuse me, full quote please

Maybe thats because no one commented that the EDL visit was unimportant in the general scheme of things.

No factual evidence of any anti muslim racism whatsoever because there isn't any .

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4329 on: October 03, 2013, 07:22:27 pm »
The EDL would have been the ones displaying anti-Muslim racism because that's what they do wherever they go.

If their march had been held in August there would have been vocal and unashamed anti-Muslim racism on the streets of Llandudno, how the hell can you say that a racist gathering such as that is, or would have been, "unimportant in the general scheme of things"?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4330 on: October 03, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »
Perhaps you feel the Muslims who protest against our armed forces are fine! I for one do not! More to the point why have you felt the need to raise the subject of Muslims when we are talking about totally unrelated graffiti, is it just to get a response?

Offline Dave

« Reply #4331 on: October 03, 2013, 07:43:05 pm »
The EDL would have been the ones displaying anti-Muslim racism because that's what they do wherever they go.

If their march had been held in August there would have been vocal and unashamed anti-Muslim racism on the streets of Llandudno, how the hell can you say that a racist gathering such as that is, or would have been, "unimportant in the general scheme of things"?
[/quote

Offline Dave

« Reply #4332 on: October 03, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »
You obviously only read the bits you want to,

I said no one commented that the EDL visit was unimportant

Totally different.

For the record the EDL march was cancelled due to lack of local support. They went elsewhere instead, Blackpool I believe.
That demonstrates there is no truth in your suggestion about racism locally.

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4333 on: October 03, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »
I made no suggestion of racism in Llandudno, I've lived in the town for 37 years and I know that racism is virtually non-existent.

If you're wondering why I brought up the proposed EDL march, and anti-Muslim racism, I'm a little amazed that people can consider graffiti to be a problem and a potential EDL march to be unimportant.  (I'm sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick I'm a little confused about what you're actually trying to say with this this sentence "Maybe thats because no one commented that the EDL visit was unimportant in the general scheme of things." )

I'm really sorry if I've misread things but I only had the evidence of this message board's contents to go on. I looked through all the likely topics on this forum from the time of the "protest" announcement until the time of its cancellation for evidence of condemnation of the EDL march. I hoped that I'd find something along the lines of  "A daytrip for racist thugs that has no place in society, never mind Llandudno" but alas I didn't. There are instant condemnations of graffiti however.

Weird, no.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4334 on: October 03, 2013, 08:30:50 pm »
If you visited the Forum a little more regularly, you'll know that we did discuss it extensively at the time it was announced and no-one was in favour of it. In your eagerness to criticise us, you must have overlooked it.  :roll:

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1602.msg61474.html#msg61474

My own comment at the time was:

"Both groups are from well outside the area and just seem to be using Llandudno as a playground. I suggest they both b****r off. "