Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613914 times)

Offline Dave

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4695 on: December 13, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »
Should the buisnesses in Mostyn st not expect for rates a little xmas light,attractive that is what Llandudno should be all year round for everybody,xmas,summer all year,we attract tourists and shoppers all year and the town council should strive to make sure they all come back.

Isn't in the businesses interest to attract shoppers too ? Nipped down to Aldi earlier and other than MacDonalds having some giant snowflakes hanging in the window there was absolutely nothing else to be seen.
As an aside, at 2.00pm the traffic lights were causing heavy congestion trying to exit the retail park via the Staples roundabout. They need adjusting asap before tempers become fraught at best. Coming out of town there were no queues at all yet there was only enough time allowed for an average 7 or 8 cars to go through on green encouraging one or two to exit on amber .

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4696 on: December 13, 2013, 06:29:19 pm »
I had highways down there two years ago,they said noway can they adjust them,clueless.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4697 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:36 pm »
I had highways down there two years ago,they said noway can they adjust them,clueless.

This harks back to the time the original plans were submitted for the new ASDA.  The traffic position was queried and the ASDA consultants produced a 400 page document detailing how and why the traffic would flow freely.  At the Council Meeting I speciffically asked why it was neccessary for such a large study if there was not going to be major problems, and suggested that the report was purely to try and disguise the fact that there would be problems.  Vehemently denied by them, of course.   The truth has since been proved.    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4698 on: December 14, 2013, 07:11:16 am »
It must effect the people trading on Mostyn Champneys so its up to the managers of each store to get of their backsides and sort it out with their landlord,its easy for us,we can just avoid it at busy times but i do feel sorry for people stuck on there.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4699 on: December 15, 2013, 11:48:12 am »
Plenty of Santas gathered on the prom earlier !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4700 on: December 15, 2013, 01:21:52 pm »
I have just been to Mostyn Champneys,mistake,i thought this early it would be ok,wrong,chaos ,why highways don;t just ditch the one set of traffic lights exiting the park and just put a give way sign,it would allow a lot more traffic to get out,you still need the other lights for traffic to cross into Mostyn Champneys but no need for the exiting lights whatsoever,thoughts please .

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4701 on: December 15, 2013, 01:41:35 pm »
Agreed Wrex, it was utter madness in and around the car parks of Mostyn Champneys today and yesterday.

I needed to go on both days as I would have missed the chance to send some prezzies to a family member if I left it any later.
But, I would dearly have loved to have left it until Monday.

Getting in and out of Mostyn Champneys was a real ordeal.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4702 on: December 15, 2013, 01:42:46 pm »
Agreed Wrex, it was utter madness in and around the car parks of Mostyn Champneys today and yesterday.

I needed to go on both days as I would have missed the chance to send some prezzies to a family member if I left it any later.
But, I would dearly have loved to have left it until Monday.

Getting in and out of Mostyn Champneys was a real ordeal.

Several health and safety issues in Champneys car park yesterday, lucky someone wasn't hurt

Offline systema

« Reply #4703 on: December 15, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »
Santa and Christmas Puds  ;D nice costumes.

Offline systema

« Reply #4704 on: December 15, 2013, 09:15:09 pm »
The race begins.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4705 on: December 15, 2013, 09:35:52 pm »
Good to see!  $cool$ By the way welcome to the forum!  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4706 on: December 16, 2013, 12:07:18 pm »
Reported the chaos on fixmystreet to highways about Mostyn Champneys,had no reply as of yet,they are probabley trying to find it.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #4707 on: December 16, 2013, 12:30:44 pm »
Highways think its fine to put a care home in a road where ambulances frequently get stuck  so I doubt if they will be interested frankly

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #4708 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:33 pm »
I can't understand how there could possibly be any problems with traffic at Mostyn Champneys given that there's a "professional" parking "management" company employed to "manage" the car park  :roll:.

But then again Parking Eye do nothing more than take photos of cars entering and leaving the car park, and if someone gets stuck in queue when trying to leave then that might just take them over the time limit to trigger a scam letter.  And as many people are unfortunately unaware of POPLA I'm sure many will cough up £60 to the scammers  :(.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4709 on: December 17, 2013, 11:58:51 am »
So we have another Labour person on the town council and we have another conservative on the town council,what good will this do for Llandudno i wonder.When i sat on the council you had,Arthur Todd,Christine Jones and Janet Finch all fighting each other to make sure they got their person as mayor,politics should not be allowed on a town council,the candidates are only there for their party,it stinks,i was part of it all but i think althought i did;nt achieve much i tried and had an interest.