Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613747 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4830 on: January 17, 2014, 10:33:45 pm »
the 10th guy turned up when they had nearly done ,in another van, i,m glad the posts are back up so i can watch the lads win tomorrow,BUT did it need all them guys ,

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4831 on: January 18, 2014, 10:40:17 am »
Looks to me as if the rugby has more people putting up posts than on the forum

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #4832 on: January 18, 2014, 11:57:51 am »
the 10th guy turned up when they had nearly done ,in another van, i,m glad the posts are back up so i can watch the lads win tomorrow,BUT did it need all them guys ,

If another five turned up they could have had a game against the local team.     ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4833 on: January 18, 2014, 12:01:32 pm »
Looks to me as if the rugby has more people putting up posts than on the forum

I noticed that too Mike but it might be that a lot of the members are on holiday.  I know at least one who is.     ;D     

Hope you enjoy yourself there as this Winter is just wet and windy.  Roll on Summer      :golf:

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4834 on: January 19, 2014, 04:52:45 pm »
It's been quite a pleasant day today though.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4835 on: January 19, 2014, 05:04:41 pm »
Took advantage of that and had a short trip down through the mountains to Porthmadoc, then Criccieth. Lovely down there, but quite a lot colder..also a lot of mist on the mountain tops and valley bottoms. At lunchtime we watched a strange storm obliterate Barmouth, then travel up the coast and turn inland missing us completely.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline systema

« Reply #4836 on: January 19, 2014, 10:30:51 pm »
May have passed you somewhere today  :)  - went to see the snow on Snowdon as we have not seen any for about 20 years as we are not usually in Europe in Winter.  Tried to park in Betws y Coed but not a parking space to be had so ended up in Anglesey and took advantage of the free coffee and newspaper in Waitrose.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4837 on: January 20, 2014, 08:42:37 am »
took advantage of the free coffee and newspaper in Waitrose.

..and who have very recently extyended their delivery area to the entire Conwy Valley and - I presume - the entire three towns area.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4838 on: January 20, 2014, 08:58:06 am »
May have passed you somewhere today  :)  - went to see the snow on Snowdon as we have not seen any for about 20 years as we are not usually in Europe in Winter.  Tried to park in Betws y Coed but not a parking space to be had so ended up in Anglesey and took advantage of the free coffee and newspaper in Waitrose.
Probably !
We went via the Crimea and back via the Aberglaslyn, Snowdon's summit was obliterated in mist when we passed, but parked in the National Parks car park in Betws about 2.30ish. Plenty of room there at that time. Busyish, but much busier than Porthmadoc which was dead. Sad to see so many closed down shops.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4839 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:08 pm »

Offline systema

« Reply #4840 on: January 24, 2014, 11:40:57 am »
Here is the better side of Llandudno  -  Trip Advisor top 10 UK Destinations

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-Destinations

Offline Jack

« Reply #4841 on: January 27, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »
Not sure if this has been uploaded elsewhere; but short video here for the 'refurbished' Augusta Apartments:

Augusta Apartments, Llandudno on Vimeo

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4842 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:47 am »
The modern phone boxes at Gloddaeth Street (Volloms) and St Georges Place are being replaced today with 'heritage' K6 models, each fitted with a Payphone and an ATM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339992/Britains-red-phone-boxes-converted-ATM-cash-machines.html

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4843 on: January 30, 2014, 05:24:28 pm »
The modern phone boxes at Gloddaeth Street (Volloms) and St Georges Place are being replaced today with 'heritage' K6 models, each fitted with a Payphone and an ATM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339992/Britains-red-phone-boxes-converted-ATM-cash-machines.html

Excellent, and by the fact that all the operations are on the outside of the 'box', it will prevent them from becoming public toilets for late night revelers like the ones they are replacing!  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #4844 on: January 30, 2014, 06:42:12 pm »
Good news but it's just a shame BT removed the K6s from town in the first place.