Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614587 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4875 on: February 16, 2014, 07:43:15 pm »
I see the newly completed flats above what was once Harmony House in St. Georges Place have been repossessed by Mostyn Estates, according to a notice pasted on the door.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4876 on: February 16, 2014, 08:59:17 pm »
Fester this was 10 30 and there was no sign of you,i did comment to my better half that you maybe in Indulgence having a breakfast lol :laugh:

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4877 on: February 16, 2014, 09:03:07 pm »
more like still in bed lol

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #4878 on: February 16, 2014, 09:15:55 pm »
He was certainly in by 12.30pm because he was inundated with customers when we passed.  D)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4879 on: February 16, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »
I would very much like to be 'inundated' with customers Bri,  but today was good to be honest.

OK, it's time to come clean, you were ALL correct lads!
I phoned the pier to check it was open at 10am... from my bed!   Then, nipped swiftly into Cafe Indulgence for a coffee, (Mrs F had made my sandwiches) .. and I opened up around 10.45am.

I can't have any secrets in this town can I?   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #4880 on: February 17, 2014, 04:08:33 pm »
Nice rainbow, shame about the unmentionables.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4881 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »
Fester you are a star.
 Z**

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4882 on: February 17, 2014, 06:30:46 pm »
Llandudno Promenade was naturally busy yesterday.

However, we did see a horse on the prom and it left us wondering whether or not owners have to carry poop bags for horses in the same way owners have to do so for dogs.

Any views?

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #4883 on: February 17, 2014, 06:45:36 pm »
Horses are not meat eaters so I would let them go anywhere apart from the paddling pool in Llandudno. The Queen has somebody following the Household Cavalry to put the proceeds on  the garden at Buck House.

The council have not put up any 'No Horses' signs that I have seen and that would also have an effect on the donkeys.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4884 on: February 17, 2014, 07:27:00 pm »
yes and walking along today i came across that load of muck right in the middle of the prom , if that had been a dog, the owner would have been fined.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4885 on: February 17, 2014, 07:48:13 pm »
yes and walking along today i came across that load of muck right in the middle of the prom , if that had been a dog, the owner would have been fined.

Dog mess is a great deal more unpleasant and far more dangerous than horse droppings. Dog faeces carry parasites which can cause blindness in children, which is one reason there are restrictions on dog owners. Horse manure, On the other hand , is rather useful and it's not uncommon to see folk taking their wheelbarrows out to collect it for their gardens.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4886 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:47 pm »
My Grandfather used to get horse manure for his rhubarb, personally I prefer custard!  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4887 on: February 18, 2014, 01:08:15 pm »
Man arrested after Llandudno house fire
Published date: 18 February 2014 | Published by: Mike Williams

A MAN has been arrested after a house fire in Llandudno.

Emergency services were called to the blaze on Trinity Avenue just before 1am today (Tuesday).

The man was arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life and was detained for questioning by North Wales Police.

Firefighters are still investigating the cause of the fire.

A police spokesperson said: “Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who may have seen someone acting suspiciously in the area is asked to call CID in St Asaph on 101.

“Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/131117/man-arrested-after-llandudno-house-fire.aspx

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4888 on: February 18, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »
lovely sight off the pier this morning ,watching dolphins going towards the little orme and i never had the chance to film them

Offline pebbles

« Reply #4889 on: February 19, 2014, 01:15:17 am »
lovely sight off the pier this morning ,watching dolphins going towards the little orme and i never had the chance to film them

They would have been harbour porpoise not dolphins, but still a gorgeous sight :) I love watching them go by - saw about 7 or 8 together last year heading towards anglesey, usually just spot a couple together so seeing so many at once was fab :) i'm always torn between admiring them or trying desperately to get them in my camera screen (i usually miss!)

(very very rare if not never to see dolphins off the north wales coast, sightings are usally mid wales coast and usually in the hot weather. Porpoise have smaller fins and don't leave the water to do a full jump like a dolphin would - they just kind of show their back at the jump. i love em tho!)