Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2662640 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5070 on: April 16, 2014, 10:06:20 am »
Quite disgusted at the state of the prom. and Can not wait until the gobby high vizz vest leave.
Many a time I have walked past them only to have the micky taken out of me. Shame I'm not 20 years younger.
I've noticed them mouthing off at people, as well.  I wonder if CCBC realise its going on? &shake&

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5071 on: April 16, 2014, 11:41:20 am »
Quite disgusted at the state of the prom. and Can not wait until the gobby high vizz vest leave.
Many a time I have walked past them only to have the micky taken out of me. Shame I'm not 20 years younger.
I've noticed them mouthing off at people, as well.  I wonder if CCBC realise its going on? &shake&

What do they say? Surely this should have been reported to their managers :o

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5072 on: April 16, 2014, 12:16:01 pm »
I got a right mouthful from the bloke directing traffic from the prom at the Imperial slipway area.   Don't know why they allow these people to direct traffic as they haven't a clue! ^*^0
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5073 on: April 16, 2014, 01:57:18 pm »
was that the small scouser yorkie ,they won,t look at me now lol, i put an idea to the council the other week ,about them going on the prom at the venue opening knocking the middle post down [putting it back when job finished ] straight off rounabout no blocked of of prom from imp to venue ,too easy .

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #5074 on: April 16, 2014, 08:13:02 pm »
They should have a site manager or at least a foreman have a word with them and report what has gone on, if that fails report them to the council that sort of behaviour would not be tolerated on any construction site.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5075 on: April 16, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »
They should have a site manager or at least a foreman have a word with them and report what has gone on, if that fails report them to the council that sort of behaviour would not be tolerated on any construction site.

The main problem arises IF there is an incident, or an accident.  This is why only the Police or approved Council Traffic Wardens are allowed to direct traffic, unless, of course, there is an emergency situation.
Directing traffic relies on clear and direct signals that the motorist, pedestrian or other road user can understand and react to, and bad direction can cause accidents or even interfere with the effective movement of traffic.
The rudimentaries can be taught in a few hours so there is no excuse for these construction companies not having a trained operator on this type of contract, where traffic control is necessary.
 ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5076 on: April 16, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »
'People only get treated how they allow themselves to be treated'  - Jerry Springer.

Don't get mad, get even!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #5077 on: April 16, 2014, 10:41:05 pm »
small thing but well don Olly for getting Alex Monroe name put on a street name in Llandudno. Boy done well

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5078 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:42 am »
small thing but well don Olly for getting Alex Monroe name put on a street name in Llandudno. Boy done well
Not wishing to be churlish, but it was I that contacted the Town Council back in June 2012, suggested the name 'Alex Munro Way' and it was Cllr Phillip Evans who steered the idea through Council. Craig Ollerton came up with the idea of a memorial many years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5079 on: April 17, 2014, 11:48:41 am »
i saw the sand raker on the lipway this morning,progress i wonder

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5080 on: April 17, 2014, 01:28:21 pm »
how long would that take I wonder?

Offline Dave

« Reply #5081 on: April 17, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »
I notice that the Marine Drive is closed to the public on 27th April. Anyone know why ?

Closest guess I can find is this :-
http://www.visitllandudno.org.uk/events/gran-fondo-conwy-p308481

We have visitors and I was going to walk around the Orme, maybe I won't be able to now.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #5082 on: April 17, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »
I notice that the Marine Drive is closed to the public on 27th April. Anyone know why ?

We have visitors and I was going to walk around the Orme, maybe I won't be able to now.

Grand Fondo Conwy http://granfondoconwy.com/

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5083 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:31 pm »

Grand Fondo Conwy http://granfondoconwy.com/

Brings in Tourists and that's what everyone is always shouting for!  Let's have a permanent extravaganza like Southend, Blackpool and Brighton!  Then we can start building a few hotels instead of knocking them down!    WWW  WWW  WWW
Cicero

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #5084 on: April 18, 2014, 11:08:40 am »
I have lived in Southend on Sea and also have friends in Blackpool and their demise is similar to ours with lots of the small guest houses closing down making room for the Big Guns. Southend has the added problems of mass immigrants occupying hotel and guest house accommodation which in turn give an air of insecurity to the holiday maker. Petty crime such as pick pocketting is high in that area.