Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2649799 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5235 on: May 26, 2014, 11:42:33 am »

So the whole world is paid monthly & on the same day of the month???

I am paid every 4 weeks, as is the Mrs, by courtesy of HM Pensions.  I am also paid every 3 months from another pension.  So, the asnswer to your question is ,"No".    WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5236 on: May 26, 2014, 11:46:01 am »

I am paid every 4 weeks, as is the Mrs, by courtesy of HM Pensions.  I am also paid every 3 months from another pension.  So, the asnswer to your question is ,"No".    WWW

Err, it was a rhetorical question!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5237 on: May 26, 2014, 01:26:06 pm »
And to a degree so was my answer!     ;D
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5238 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05:01 pm »
2nd May Bank Holiday is always a bit of a let down and that's partly due to timing. There is only one pay packet in every month and due to Monday falling so early this year on the 26th, it's still a week to go until next pay day.

SDQ, A significant number of people ARE paid on the last Friday of the month.  It is commonplace in large employers (NHS, banks, retailers etc)
Trust me when I say that is has a BIG effect on people's spending ability, and traders takings, especially for non-essential items like gifts at the seaside.  :( :(

It is measureable, recordable and forecastable every year.    Can't wait for next week!   $hands$ $hands$

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5240 on: May 28, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »
Sorry im always seem to be negative but please explain to me what the point of clearing this kiddies corner,seriously i can;t see what the point was,and now the sand is covered in stone and not one person gives a fig.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5241 on: May 28, 2014, 09:51:34 pm »
Sorry im always seem to be negative but please explain to me what the point of clearing this kiddies corner,seriously i can;t see what the point was,and now the sand is covered in stone and not one person gives a fig.

I was wondering the same, when the work was actually being done!  It looks rubbish really.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5243 on: May 29, 2014, 02:29:28 am »
Is this the first of many accidents?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-children-hurt-north-shore-7185523#.U4ZUgVBjOhM.email

First of many? possibly........if you are stupid enough to send your kids on "dangerous rocks", then hey, expect to get hurt.
For the safety of all, lets ban everybody from going.....up Snowden, just in case they fall off and hurt themselves....or in the sea...or in cars, or from getting out of bed every morning in case of accidents.

All this moaning about the beach is getting tiresome.
Quit bitching and accept flood defenses.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5244 on: May 29, 2014, 07:27:40 am »
Sorry im not moaning about the sea defence im moaning about the very small bit of beach that is left,never cleaned and covered now in small stones,CCBC get of your back sides and clear the small patch of sand we have left.I just wish i could do photos so i could show what i mean.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5245 on: May 29, 2014, 12:32:36 pm »
Sorry im not moaning about the sea defence im moaning about the very small bit of beach that is left,never cleaned and covered now in small stones,CCBC get of your back sides and clear the small patch of sand we have left.I just wish i could do photos so i could show what i mean.

I'm not sure what you mean. I was running along the prom yesterday I didn't notice any patches of sand apart from some that were near the pier where a family were playing cricket which I thought was rather nice

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5246 on: May 29, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »
Lucky for you that you did not have time to see the mess as you where running

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5247 on: May 29, 2014, 06:45:56 pm »

The whole exercise was secretly named "let's send all the holiday makers to Colwyn Bay where we have given them a giant wheelbarrow, sans wheel, and dumped loads and loads of sand for the kids to bury their uncles in."    :D
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5248 on: June 02, 2014, 10:56:43 am »
Looks to have been a car crash by Bog Island, a section of pavement is taped off:

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #5249 on: June 02, 2014, 12:42:24 pm »
Lucky for you that you did not have time to see the mess as you where running

wrex, we sat on a prom bench yesterday when the tide was quite high up on Childrens’ Corner and there was just a small section of the beach available for public use.

It didn’t take long to understand the problem you are highlighting.

Families were sitting on the beach but their children had to walk across shingle to enter the water.

That was in front of them but then behind then came the donkey man with a few donkeys.

He had very little room to operate but he managed to thread a path through from the slipway over to the jetty.

He had 100% occupancy on his first run but there was only 50% occupancy on his second and none after that so he seemed to pack up and disappear.

BTW, during his first run it was noticeable a few families reluctantly had to physically move forward and out of his way.