Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613078 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5325 on: June 26, 2014, 11:57:20 am »
Ooops !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5326 on: June 26, 2014, 01:44:46 pm »
2013?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5327 on: June 26, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »
No wonder the great orme has been dropped from the wales rally,ERIAS PARK,COLWYN BAY has been choozen this year,what a suprise,why don;t they just move all the junkies from the bay to Llandudno and the trancition will be complete.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5328 on: June 26, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »
2013?
All the signs have got the wrong year on them...  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5329 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
2013?

Couldn't resist it!  It is what they call re-CYCLING.     _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5330 on: June 26, 2014, 08:20:00 pm »
2013?

One or two are right, others say 2013. Ah well !

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5331 on: June 26, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »
conwy council have put a sign up on the new jetty for the sailing club , start date april finish date september ,how can it take that long to build a jetty  has someone made a boob on this job like the maesdu bridge ,is this going to cost us tax payers again .

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5332 on: June 27, 2014, 08:19:09 am »
I see in the Daily Post today (page 6) that Llandudno will be divided into 'Alice in Wonderland themed quarters', whereby parts of the town will be named after playing cards based on iconography in the childrens novel. It will involve Planters themed with playing cards being placed around the town, starting with the 'Hearts Quarter' by the railway station.

Apparently, the 'Chamber of Trade' is strongly behind the idea. Is that the Chamber of Trade that is run by the same people as the Alice Project?

What a load of rubbish, I'm sick of this tacky nonsense taking over my town. How about spending the money on sorting out the mess that is the parks and gardens around town? How about sorting out the pavements around town? CCBC cant maintain the existing green spaces properly, let alone any new ones.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 99.9% of the visitors to Llandudno could not care less about Alice in Wonderland and its largely imaginary links to the town.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5333 on: June 27, 2014, 09:20:30 am »
dave have you seen the mess they have made putting them plates in , what do they say to the visitors when they get to the gogarth abbey ,oh its not there now this council allowed it to be knocked down ,so they only ref to alice is not there . :rage:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5334 on: June 27, 2014, 09:47:47 am »
I see in the Daily Post today (page 6) that Llandudno will be divided into 'Alice in Wonderland themed quarters', whereby parts of the town will be named after playing cards based on iconography in the childrens novel. It will involve Planters themed with playing cards being placed around the town, starting with the 'Hearts Quarter' by the railway station.

Apparently, the 'Chamber of Trade' is strongly behind the idea. Is that the Chamber of Trade that is run by the same people as the Alice Project?

What a load of rubbish, I'm sick of this tacky nonsense taking over my town. How about spending the money on sorting out the mess that is the parks and gardens around town? How about sorting out the pavements around town? CCBC cant maintain the existing green spaces properly, let alone any new ones.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 99.9% of the visitors to Llandudno could not care less about Alice in Wonderland and its largely imaginary links to the town.

Alice, Alice. Who the **** is ALICE

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5335 on: June 27, 2014, 11:23:28 am »

In answer to your question-- Yes it is the same people. I'll leave it at that  ! By the way I agree with you Dave.

Offline DVT

« Reply #5336 on: June 27, 2014, 11:25:57 am »
I had to smile when I saw that the North Shore is designated "Spades".

You need more than spades to dig there!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5337 on: June 27, 2014, 01:09:24 pm »
 _))* _))* Diggers???

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5338 on: June 28, 2014, 10:02:14 am »
For a change i will start on a positive,if we get TKMak this will be a good thing ,if we managed a Primark it would be brilliant for the whole town.When we get the Clarence and Tudno Castle completed and all units full then it will be brilliant for the town,,now the negitive part,if only we could get Venue Cymru used more,the gardens looked after more,the beach cleaned and cleared of, stones(and i only mean the stones that are on the sand),Mostyn St re-slabbed then this town would be first class,unfortunatley all the negetives are the responsibility of CCBC WHICH SAYS A LOT.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5339 on: June 28, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »
99.9% of the visitors to Llandudno could not care less about Alice in Wonderland and its largely imaginary links to the town.

Not sure about that. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and Disney films during childhood, an adult who was read the stories and some canny marketing to grandparents could prove a winning combination. It marks Llandudno out as different and even special.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.