Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615189 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5430 on: July 16, 2014, 09:54:05 am »
I saw three council gardeners working on one small flower bed by Venue Cymru yesterday. I think there's a lot of scope for more efficient deployment of staff in that dept.

Offline Dave

« Reply #5431 on: July 17, 2014, 02:08:27 pm »
The last couple of times I have walked past the deck chair hire by the Cenotaph there have been loads of people about and not a single chair hired out. Could this be because there are no advertising signs and the tarpaulin is still over the chairs ? Not sure what the man in charge actually does .

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5432 on: July 17, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »
The last couple of times I have walked past the deck chair hire by the Cenotaph there have been loads of people about and not a single chair hired out. Could this be because there are no advertising signs and the tarpaulin is still over the chairs ? Not sure what the man in charge actually does .

They have signs but if the Tarp is on then there is no one there to serve the customers.    $walesflag$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5433 on: July 17, 2014, 11:18:33 pm »
One of those blissful summer nights, warm and still.... which prompted me to take this walk on the beach!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5434 on: July 20, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »
Nice walk around the Marine drive this morning,having walked past a small rock fall it took me a little bit toi realise that not one bike,runner or car had passed me,me and herindoors had the whole drive to ourselves,very strange feeling for a hot Sunday morning,by the time we reached the Happy valley it had just re-opened

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5435 on: July 20, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »
'Twas shut to vehicles for a cycle race !! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5436 on: July 21, 2014, 12:09:57 pm »
My OH has just come in with the news that the Marine Drive is shut from the pier end still, apparently the group of cyclists which he saw yesterday had managed to dodge through the side gate which is now shut.

The rock fall has been cleared, but the engineers cannot check the area until Wednesday. The only trouble is that they haven't stopped people setting off in the other direction.

It all sounds chaotic !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5437 on: July 21, 2014, 12:28:53 pm »
Marine Drive round the Orme is "managed" by the County Parking Manager.  Obviously not as efficient as previous holder of the position!   
 :D
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5438 on: July 22, 2014, 04:00:57 pm »
78F (26C) in Llandudno at the moment.  Much hotter than forecast.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5439 on: July 22, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »
Anyone know why the 5 and 5x don;t go to the West Shore like the 12,they are still mking that dangerous swing across Gloddaeth ave,very very dangerous.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5440 on: July 22, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »
wrex
Anyone know why the 5 and 5x don;t go to the West Shore like the 12,they are still mking that dangerous swing across Gloddaeth ave,very very dangerous.

Don't know of any accident involving Busses or any other vehicle at that turning point!  It is a dual carriageway and such a manoeuvre can be carried out quite safely.   There are already enough busses parked at West Shore with the No. 12.  When we passed today there were three parked around the Shelter Island.   Add a few  5 and 5X and chaos reigns.
 ZXZ
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:20:06 am by Ian »
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5441 on: July 22, 2014, 10:05:18 pm »
Rubbish Yorkie,very dangerous a bus useing all 4 lanes and don;t forget it has to swing from the inside lane,a crazy manouvre by any standards.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5442 on: July 23, 2014, 08:33:06 am »
So really yorkie it is the timetable that wants looking at ,since they bought the new Llandudno/Rhyl bus out ,a bus every 10mins no need for that ,I have seen a few near misses when the buses are turning there.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5443 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:46 am »
Rubbish Yorkie,very dangerous a bus useing all 4 lanes and don;t forget it has to swing from the inside lane,a crazy manouvre by any standards.

You are talking through your hat, Wrex!  What are the breaks in the central reservation for, but anything other than traffic to change their direction of travel.  By you analogy it is dangerous for any vehicle to use the gaps, lorries, bread vans, decorator's vans with ladders on board or indeed any long vehicle!  Get a life, man! 

If it was considered dangerous the road would be full of signs prohibiting the manouver.

Norman08,  the reason for the number is that they run every 10 minutes and drivers need a break.   

Find, something less stupid to complain about, and instead of moaning and groaning on this Forum all the time, get off your ass and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

:D ZXZ

Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5444 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:29 am »
So really yorkie it is the timetable that wants looking at ,since they bought the new Llandudno/Rhyl bus out ,a bus every 10mins no need for that
You obviously don't travel on the bus much, Norman! Even with a 10 minute frequency, the buses are packed in the Summer months.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:19:28 am by Ian »