Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611902 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5475 on: July 28, 2014, 08:48:01 am »
Well i take it no one was collecting at the bottom of the zig zag then.

The toll collection at the bottom of the zig zag road has not been there for a few years now!    You really must get out more, Wrex! 
 $walesflag$

The hut went over 12 months ago !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5476 on: July 28, 2014, 07:41:50 pm »
An ice cream van was parked on the lawn on the Prom all afternoon in breach of the Prom Trading rules. Maybe the deckchair inspectors were too short sighted to spot it?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5477 on: July 28, 2014, 07:58:40 pm »
I also noticed that local businesses are now being allowed to advertise on the 'Morris Columns' scattered around town - they used to be strictly for events and attractions only. I wonder how much it costs to advertise on there?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5478 on: July 28, 2014, 08:57:45 pm »
An ice cream van was parked on the lawn on the Prom all afternoon in breach of the Prom Trading rules. Maybe the deckchair inspectors were too short sighted to spot it?

Deck chair inspectors have no powers to do anything.  Once we had a By-laws Inspector but he (or they) went years ago!  I don't think the Council have any of their staff authorised to persecute or prosecute for ordinary By-laws infringements.

There was a Promenade Inspector some years ago but his job changed into manning the Imperial Slipway.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5479 on: July 28, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »
Dave, I can tell you that to advertise on the Morris columns costs a WHOLE HEAP OF MONEY. Eye watering. Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5480 on: July 29, 2014, 07:46:08 pm »
We're currently enjoying Llandudno Swing Band on the Prom:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5481 on: July 29, 2014, 07:58:31 pm »
Looks popular!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #5482 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:21 pm »
Was going to pop down myself but hate standing

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #5483 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:44 pm »
Ref the ice cream van ...

I understood that trading on the Prom was a strict No-No.  If you have an event or display there, such as the ones I'm involved with, you have to apply for a permit to be allowed to collect for charity - event programme money goes to charity, you cannot actually sell them.

Perhaps our problem is doing things correctly.  If you have cheek and take your chance you can get away with it!  No-one around to ask questions.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5484 on: July 29, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »
Was going to pop down myself but hate standing

Looks like there are a few empty seats.   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5485 on: July 29, 2014, 09:32:49 pm »
There was about 100 people there, but most chose to sit along the seating along the back of the Prom. It was a great show and everyone enjoyed it. Well done to Clive Wolfendale and the Band.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5486 on: July 30, 2014, 09:12:46 pm »
  Hope I am in the correct thread. A few days Dave R posted about private adverts v. Theatre adverts on the Morris columns.
  We'll --- the Great Orme Family Golf is definitely private and has been on the Morris columns for upwards of two years!!
  How?  There are about 24 individual spaces on each column. One of these is taken by a group known as the Llandudno attractions with 12 members of which the golf is one. Every one has a twelfth of the space to advertise itself.
  So ---  the golf is there for the world to read. Unfortunately 24 multiplied by 12 comes to one part of 288 (I think!!!) so you might need a magnifying glass BUT IT IS THERE.
  And Dave R didn't know. The golf courses mentor, guardian and supporter in all many of ways right from inception under my ownership. OOOhhhh Sob Sob

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5487 on: July 31, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »
  The golf courses mentor, guardian and supporter in all many of ways right from inception under my ownership.
*bows*

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5488 on: August 03, 2014, 09:41:25 am »
  Very striking rainbow over Llandudno as I was going out to get the papers at about 7.30 this morning.

Offline systema

« Reply #5489 on: August 03, 2014, 10:22:25 am »
Yes it looked really beautiful from the seafront and we didn't have a camera with us.