Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2650969 times)

Offline systema

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5490 on: August 03, 2014, 08:01:11 pm »
No photos of Today's  WW1 march. ???

We were there but our camera is on the blink so none to post.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5491 on: August 05, 2014, 09:27:44 am »
can't find all of Fester's rantings on Llandudno swimming pool, have they be moved?
But one to add to it, I saw somebody complaining about a couple getting up to inappropriate behaviour IN the pool.
This was on facebook so make of it what you will, won't post the link here as some of the language is not PC

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5492 on: August 05, 2014, 09:37:30 am »
can't find all of Fester's rantings on Llandudno swimming pool, have they be moved?
But one to add to it, I saw somebody complaining about a couple getting up to inappropriate behaviour IN the pool.
This was on facebook so make of it what you will, won't post the link here as some of the language is not PC
Swimming Pool thread:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1787.0.html

craigollerton

« Reply #5493 on: August 05, 2014, 03:25:03 pm »
I see it's looking rather fine there...  8)

http://www.llandudno-weather.co.uk/

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5494 on: August 05, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »
I see it's looking rather fine there...  8)

http://www.llandudno-weather.co.uk/

Actually it is like this.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5495 on: August 10, 2014, 09:38:10 pm »
THV Patricia is currently sheltering in Llandudno Bay, it is the flagship of the Trinity House fleet.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5496 on: August 23, 2014, 04:39:08 pm »
Absolutely no news,no developments,no new shops and nobody putting up on here,very quiet

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5497 on: August 23, 2014, 08:38:58 pm »
Absolutely no news,no developments,no new shops and nobody putting up on here,very quiet

The town is very quiet Wrex, eerily quiet for a Bank Holiday Saturday.
At 8pm, Upper Mostyn Street has few people in the pubs and restaurants... something is wrong.
Colwyn Bay have a Prom weekend this weekend.... is everyone there?   Is it the chilly weather??

Many people on the Pier reporting 'record low' takings for an August.
I'm not surprised, there is no one about to sell anything to!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5498 on: August 23, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
Comment from people who passed through Colwyn Bay this morning--" Nothing was happening"
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5499 on: August 24, 2014, 07:56:02 am »
Colwyn Bay have a Prom weekend this weekend.... is everyone there?   Is it the chilly weather??

The Prom day is clearly going to compete, although today (Sunday) should be better for Llandudno. FWIW, the forecast is the single thing that seems to make or break things for those who rely on tourism in the area. A dodgy forecast militates against the impulse visitors, who seem to decide to stay home and do some much needed jobs if the forecast's poor. The annoying thing is that they rarely get it right: Llandudno so often escapes the rain, even when the surrounding areas are getting it in buckets.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5500 on: August 25, 2014, 01:01:49 am »

The Prom day is clearly going to compete, although today (Sunday) should be better for Llandudno. FWIW, the forecast is the single thing that seems to make or break things for those who rely on tourism in the area. A dodgy forecast militates against the impulse visitors, who seem to decide to stay home and do some much needed jobs if the forecast's poor. The annoying thing is that they rarely get it right: Llandudno so often escapes the rain, even when the surrounding areas are getting it in buckets.

Ian, You got that right, in so many ways!
On Saturday night I was looking at the BBC weather forecast online..... (a windy but dry day),   when suddenly the BBC weather forecast came on the telly just before Match of the Day.    (A very rainy and windy day)
The same organizstion,  with two entirely different forecasts???   OK, well they agreed on the likelihood of strong winds.

But, as it happened, it was a very STILL and warm day, entirely dry until about 8pm.
As you say,  why would people spend £30 on petrol, a fortune on parking etc, if they were unsure about the weather?

Another thing you got right,  Llandudno was much busier than Saturday, many events on in town, and I can report the best takings I have EVER had.
Therefore I resorted to serious drinking at Headstock and the surrounding pubs,   why not spread the good times around!
 Z** ZXZ  $good$ D) ZXZ &well& $happy$ $drink1$ $drink1$

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5501 on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:18 am »
On line today Metcheck and the BBC have 2 entirely different forecasts. One says rain all day, the other rain later this aft.

Fester-- quite enjoyed the sounds from Headstock during the afternoon, but it seemed very quiet later on. What happened. ?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5502 on: August 25, 2014, 11:47:59 am »
The Weather App on my iPad gives a pretty accurate report for each day and the 2 or 3 day forecast is  not that far out.  What I find most intriguing is that the forecasts for Penrhyn Bay and Llandudno do have slight differences which generally reflect the true situation between the two, relatively close, places.  ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DVT

« Reply #5503 on: August 25, 2014, 01:02:36 pm »
Have to admit to ignoring the Llandudno/Colwyn Bay activities over the weekend and head to Liverpool/Ormskirk.  BBC weather forecast showed thunder and lighting Saturday afternoon and heavy rain most of Sunday for that area.  A few spots of rain in Liverpool, Ormskirk was warm and sunny Sunday until the clouds appeared on the horizon late afternoon, as we were leaving.

Reason for going there - daughter and husband live in Liverpool so stayed there the night then went to the Ormskirk Motorfest.  A fine display of cars - all types, old, new, big, small, fast, slow, 3 and 4 wheels, p,us motor-cycles in the shopping area (pedestrianised zone) and the nearby park.  There was also a funfair for the kids, far enough away not to trouble the serious enthusiasts looking at the cars, stalls to raise money for charity, brass band, a chance to ride in a rally car around a course (donations to NW Ambulance) and the road around the town was closed on two occasions for a procession of the various cars that were displayed.

Arrived and easily found a parking spot in a pay and display car park - no charge as it was weekend.  No admission fee to get into the park, loads of people enjoying the displays.  The only thing overpriced as the ice cream at £2.50 for a 99 - although we did find a different vendor charging £2.20!!!

It was estimated beforehand that 25000 people would attend - there was certainly a lot but how many put off by the weather forecast, I wonder - we were between two minds ourselves until we got up Sunday morning and saw clear skies!  I'm sure many similar events also suffer from the weather forecasts rather than the actual weather.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5504 on: August 27, 2014, 10:50:42 am »
the forecast is the single thing that seems to make or break things for those who rely on tourism in the area. A dodgy forecast militates against the impulse visitors, who seem to decide to stay home and do some much needed jobs if the forecast's poor. The annoying thing is that they rarely get it right: Llandudno so often escapes the rain, even when the surrounding areas are getting it in buckets.

I was in Cornwall it was quieter than usual there too. Was supposed to be the worst traffic imaginable but we got there Saturday and back Monday without hitting any!
Definitely people staying in and saving some pennies and the weather I think
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:58:35 pm by Ian »