Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616848 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5655 on: September 28, 2014, 05:47:43 pm »
No DaveR ,Yorkie has offered to brush it once a week.lol

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5656 on: September 28, 2014, 07:16:24 pm »
No DaveR ,Yorkie has offered to brush it once a week.lol

With your head!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #5657 on: September 28, 2014, 07:39:46 pm »
Whenever riding a taxi in a strange town I sit in the back and switch on google maps . Where I can clearly see whether they are driving directly or not. Interesting though I could be reading the news. The driver would not know the differance

Offline Dave

« Reply #5658 on: September 28, 2014, 08:58:17 pm »
I was looking at the new Sailing Club Slipway the other day, and it is several feet lower than the areas of shingle that surround it on both sides. It isn't hard to see that the first storm of the Winter will bury it completely under tons of shingle and have to be removed at regular intervals thereafter, at considerable expense to the taxpayer.  :roll:

My thoughts exactly when walking past the other day.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5659 on: September 28, 2014, 09:05:25 pm »
  Nemesis---Did you manage to get the fare reduced? If so, very well done you. By accepting the reduced  fare the driver was admitting that he either didn't know where he was going or, alternatively, he did know but was doing it on purpose. You can excuse the first option but never, ever the second

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5660 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:49 am »
I was looking at the new Sailing Club Slipway the other day, and it is several feet lower than the areas of shingle that surround it on both sides. It isn't hard to see that the first storm of the Winter will bury it completely under tons of shingle and have to be removed at regular intervals thereafter, at considerable expense to the taxpayer.  :roll:

My thoughts exactly when walking past the other day.

The Council obtain revenue from the Sailing Club and also from launching fees, so maybe this income will be ring fenced for maintenance.  Or maybe the Sailing Club will keep it clean.
 :D
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5661 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:33 am »
  Nemesis---Did you manage to get the fare reduced? If so, very well done you. By accepting the reduced  fare the driver was admitting that he either didn't know where he was going or, alternatively, he did know but was doing it on purpose. You can excuse the first option but never, ever the second
Yes  I did. I noticed that as I passed the bottom of our daughter's road the meter was just short of £5.00. After we had had a tour of one of the local estates it had reached £6.50, so I said I'll pay you for the journey, not the detour. He pretended not to understand, but I stared him in the eye and gave him a fiver. He understood that OK. I nearly told him to get his cab cleaned out as well, as it stunk , but thought I might be pushing it a bit far. :o I think he thought he had a white haired older ( I won't say old !) lady on his hands, but he met his match.  :twoface: $angry$ Needless to say I didn't use his firm for the return journey !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #5662 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:47 pm »
I noticed and commented on the, Madoc St.,  Augusta apartment renovation, a few weeks ago, just passed it again, close up, not the best work I have seen, they spent a lot of time and money on the roof, but now painting the front, over very poor rendering ?,   It is an improvement, but not sure now whether flats or offices.   

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5663 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:51 am »
I noticed and commented on the, Madoc St.,  Augusta apartment renovation, a few weeks ago, just passed it again, close up, not the best work I have seen, they spent a lot of time and money on the roof, but now painting the front, over very poor rendering ?,   It is an improvement, but not sure now whether flats or offices.
A 'stunning refurbishment' apparently?
http://www.wardpropertyinvestments.co.uk/augusta-apartments-llandudno/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5664 on: September 30, 2014, 09:31:26 am »
The Police helicopter was active over the Great Orme (area of the Lighthouse) this morning, just before 8pm.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #5665 on: September 30, 2014, 10:17:57 am »
A 'stunning refurbishment' apparently?
http://www.wardpropertyinvestments.co.uk/augusta-apartments-llandudno/

The frontage (rendering) is not going to install confidence in any potential buyers, in fact this morning they are working to replace a section that gave way, after being painted.
I suspect the frontage will deteriorate very quickly, it's a shame, the initial impression I got was of a high quality re development, an asset to the area.
It is still better than being left as it was, will have to wait, and hope for the best.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5666 on: September 30, 2014, 11:00:15 am »
The Police helicopter was active over the Great Orme (area of the Lighthouse) this morning, just before 8pm.

Marine Drive is closed. Heard that a body has been found.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #5667 on: September 30, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »

Marine Drive is closed. Heard that a body has been found.
DP blog today
BODY FOUND: The body of a man was found on Marine Drive in Llandudno in the early hours of this morning.
North Wales Police and other emergency services attended at about 5am where a man in his 20s was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man has yet to be formally identified, but police say they are not treating his death as suspicious.
The matter will be referred to HM Coroner.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5669 on: September 30, 2014, 04:31:26 pm »
We went round Marine Drive just after it had reopened this afternoon, and it would appear that the incident happened close to Pen Trwyn, as the road had been sluiced probably to remove any untoward signs of the happening.
Cicero