Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616936 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5685 on: October 08, 2014, 08:53:03 am »
I was pleased to see yesterday that work has been carried out recently on some of the pavements along Mostyn Street to replace broken paving stones.  $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #5686 on: October 08, 2014, 11:44:00 am »
Llandudno Christmas charity tree split in two by wind and rain

A TREE which serves as a Christmas memorial to loved ones who have died in Llandudno has been cut down after it split in two.

The Tree of Lights in North Western Gardens, which helps raise funds for St David’s Hospice through its annual festive commemoration, suddenly broke in half on Monday after being battered by wind and rain at the weekend.

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/139151/llandudno-christmas-charity-tree-split-in-two-by-wind-and-rain.aspx

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5687 on: October 08, 2014, 11:02:07 pm »
A big storm tonight, thunder and lightning all evening! Hope everyone is ok!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5688 on: October 08, 2014, 11:08:34 pm »
A big storm tonight, thunder and lightning all evening! Hope everyone is ok!

Pretty scary up here on The Orme,  Mrs F keeps thinking the lightning is hitting very close to us!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5689 on: October 10, 2014, 03:03:35 pm »
I was looking at the new Sailing Club Slipway the other day, and it is several feet lower than the areas of shingle that surround it on both sides. It isn't hard to see that the first storm of the Winter will bury it completely under tons of shingle and have to be removed at regular intervals thereafter, at considerable expense to the taxpayer.  :roll:
I see that the bottom half of the Slipway is already buried under shingle:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #5690 on: October 12, 2014, 08:50:22 am »
Anyone missing a black VW this morning?  One left wrecked in Abbey Road !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5691 on: October 12, 2014, 03:34:16 pm »
What is the Llandudno news,is there any,TKMaxx,Tudno Castle,Starbucks,how about the Parade.Royal hotel has too be good prospect,how far behind is the Clarence,there has to be something going on behind closed doors that will inject a bit of interest.

Offline andrea1976

« Reply #5692 on: October 12, 2014, 05:17:42 pm »
I have been intouch with travelodge as we were wanting to book for over xmas,they emailed me back saying they are hoping to be open by the 3rd of december !.But when you try to book online it says dates not available!! ??? Really hoping they will be fingers crossed !lol  ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5693 on: October 12, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »
I have been intouch with travelodge as we were wanting to book for over xmas,they emailed me back saying they are hoping to be open by the 3rd of december !.But when you try to book online it says dates not available!! ??? Really hoping they will be fingers crossed !lol  ;D

Andrea, I've been saying for ages that March 2015 is more likely, for The Clarence to reopen, but no one seems to want to take my bet.   ?{}?

Fester...

Offline andrea1976

« Reply #5694 on: October 12, 2014, 08:34:51 pm »
I think you could be right fester!! We are coming down for half term and then when the rally is on for the week too  :) need my llandudno fix  ;)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5695 on: October 12, 2014, 08:53:02 pm »
I think you could be right fester!! We are coming down for half term and then when the rally is on for the week too  :) need my llandudno fix  ;)

Good girl!   Get your booking for the Premier Inn,  if you know what's good for you!   :-*
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5696 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:55 am »

Andrea, I've been saying for ages that March 2015 is more likely, for The Clarence to reopen, but no one seems to want to take my bet.   ?{}?

I'll join you there Fester. It will have to be some kind of miracle if it is finished by December. My OH chats to some of the workforce and they are still having problems with water rising up. What did I say yonks ago? Too many mines in that area. :o

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5697 on: October 13, 2014, 09:09:46 am »
Does the water seem to be under pressure?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5698 on: October 13, 2014, 10:47:17 am »
As far as I can gather no, it is more of a seepage.
Living under the lee of the Orme, we have drainage gulleys in place which gather the water from the Orme which still comes, even in dry weather and take it away from the house. There is also a well in the back ( covered over) which after heavy rain can be heard running and draining away. GOES website has maps which show many, many old mine shafts and adits which can be and often are full of water. It has to drain somewhere and will find the lowest available level.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5699 on: October 13, 2014, 11:30:49 am »
. It has to drain somewhere and will find the lowest available level.

Why does The Town House pub spring to mind?   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...