Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2643526 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6180 on: April 15, 2015, 10:01:41 am »
Stone Age resident unearthed during quarrying operations on the Little Orme

A spokesman for CCBC said "We are investigating rumours that she may have been active in Neolithic politics as her appearance, when unearthed, bore an uncanny resemblance to some of our current members in Cabinet.".

There is some evidence to support this theory. He added "Some similarities between her recent activity and those of our current members have been found." Further evidence is provided by the Daily Post article, in which it is stated "She laid (at the Bacup Natural History Society) for years in a cupboard, before eventually being put on display.".

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #6181 on: April 15, 2015, 12:10:09 pm »
A spokesman for CCBC said "We are investigating rumours that she may have been active in Neolithic politics as her appearance, when unearthed, bore an uncanny resemblance to some of our current members in Cabinet.".

There is some evidence to support this theory. He added "Some similarities between her recent activity and those of our current members have been found." Further evidence is provided by the Daily Post article, in which it is stated "She laid (at the Bacup Natural History Society) for years in a cupboard, before eventually being put on display.".

_))* Probably on the planning committee too.....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:34:49 pm by Ian »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6182 on: April 16, 2015, 09:41:47 am »
I see Asda have banned Ysgol John Bright pupils from the store:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/asda-llandudno-bans-ysgol-john-9051516

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6183 on: April 16, 2015, 09:59:44 am »
I find that decision puzzling. Whenever we've been there amongst crowds of JB kids they've always been polite, well behaved and helpful. But the decision to ban them all is illogical and unfair to the majority.

By only banning them 'in uniform' it also means that an easy way of catching the odd shoplifter is made more difficult, not less. And blanket punishment in schools has been unacceptable for years. Very strange.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Dave

« Reply #6184 on: April 16, 2015, 10:08:18 am »
It appears the headmaster is 100% in support of the decision and having met him I have a feeling that the ban is likely to be temporary and as a lesson learnt to stamp out this kind of behaviour. Abuse it and you loose it.Yes, the innocent become victims too but they also become enforcers when the right is returned. Good for him.
As for the report suggesting parents with pupils being banned I'm sure that's totally fabricated unless the parents have also got a record for bad behaviour too !

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6185 on: April 16, 2015, 05:10:43 pm »
              When I worked at ASDA about 10 years ago the JBGS kids were banned by the manager at the time for general bad behaviour outside the shop at lunchtime, littering, throwing food about and swearing. It lasted a few weeks and then they were allowed back in and there was a marked improvement immediately. I got the impression that the ringleaders got the blame from the rest of the kids as they made a big effort to be well behaved and tidy when they returned.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6186 on: April 16, 2015, 05:23:49 pm »
These things tend to be cyclic. No doubt after the ban they'll all be a bunch of cherubs for a while and the decline will start again. We'll be reading a similar headline in a few years and the cycle is complete!
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6187 on: April 17, 2015, 12:07:53 pm »
I hear builders will be starting work at Broadway Boulevard in the next couple of weeks. No word yet as to what's going in there.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6188 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »
The Asda ban saga continues:

It appears the headmaster is 100% in support of the decision

But the school's head teacher Graham Davies told BBC Wales he was "not aware" there would be a blanket ban and has spoken to the store's manager.

Full story

Offline Dave

« Reply #6189 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:02 pm »
He hasn't come out and condemned it either!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6190 on: April 17, 2015, 01:25:09 pm »
Often, if the ringleaders are caught, it can make them look foolish in front of their friends and better behaviour ensues.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6191 on: April 17, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »
              When I worked at ASDA about 10 years ago the JBGS kids were banned by the manager at the time for general bad behaviour outside the shop at lunchtime, littering, throwing food about and swearing. It lasted a few weeks and then they were allowed back in and there was a marked improvement immediately. I got the impression that the ringleaders got the blame from the rest of the kids as they made a big effort to be well behaved and tidy when they returned.
          Exactly Nem, that's the impression I got, I think the other kids gave them a bit of a hard time because they were missing their lunchtime "fix" of fast food, chicken legs etc.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6192 on: April 17, 2015, 04:19:00 pm »
DaveR half a story is no good x

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #6193 on: April 17, 2015, 06:07:58 pm »
I was told nightclub firm  from Manchester has bought it

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6194 on: April 21, 2015, 11:34:06 am »
If CCBC carry on the way they are, there really won't be a tourist industry left in Llandudno.

Apart from the determined investment focus on Colwyn Bay, (which I don't begrudge), there are a whole host of things which are now actively deterring visitors to the town.

Apart from the litter enforcement Gestapo, there is the the appalling amount of rubbish which is strewn around the town either from the lack of bins, or the seagulls dragging it out of bins.   Either way, it creates a terrible image and is not being dealt with.

But today, I see that Car Parking charges around the Pier area have DOUBLED!    It used to cost £1.50 to park by The Grand for 8 hours, and it has gone to £3.00.   To pile on the agony yet further, from 1st May that goes to £4.50!!

All these things are set against yet another hike in Council Tax, this year a full 5%.
When Oh when will the council take proper responsibility, and look to themselves for cost savings, rather than simply screw more money out of the beleaguered families that look forward to visiting the resort?   $angry$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -