Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612746 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6225 on: April 27, 2015, 09:08:33 am »
Had a very pleasant walk along from West Shore to Conwy yesterday, the Prom at Deganwy has been repaired and is fully open again:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6226 on: April 29, 2015, 02:53:29 pm »
Some brave workmen were at the top of a very large access platform earlier, working on the fly tower of Venue Cymru:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6227 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:43 am »
Venue Cymru Llandudno to host jam tart world record bid
19:07, 29 April 2015
By David Powell

Bakers at Coleg Llandrillo prepare first 500 strong batch of 2,000 strawberry jam treats for Venue Cymru bid on Alice Day, May 1

The first 500-strong batch of jam tarts has been baked ready for a world record attempt on Friday.

Organisers hope to set a record for the most jam tarts lying in a line - 2,000 in all - on more than 25 trestle tables at Venue Cymru, Llandudno.

The tasty treats feature in the court of the King and Queen of Hearts in Lewis Carroll’s classic book Alice in Wonderland.

Barry Mortlock, of the organisers A.L.I.C.E Ltd, visited Coleg Llandrillo in Rhos On Sea today to see the pastries being baked.

He said: “We are pleased that this gargantuan task has begun.

“The baking department’s Sophie Turner, Luke King and chef Cerian Dickman have made about 500 jam tarts so far.”

Mr Mortlock said observers will be drafted in for the attempt and companies have offered to help for the attempt on May 1 which has been dubbed Alice Day.

He added: “The pastry of each tart has to be touching each other and in a line and Mostyn Estates have offered their surveyors.

“Welsh Lady Preserves from Pwllheli have donated the strawberry jam and the Ham Bone delis have donated 55kg of flour.”

He said Bookers of Llandudno have also waded in with the copious amounts of eggs, sugar and butter.

Meanwhile Harlech Food Services will carry the tarts to the venue.

After the counting, the jam tarts will be given out by college staff to schoolchildren.

Youngsters will need to consume them as a requirement of the record.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/watch-venue-cymru-llandudno-host-9149057

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6228 on: April 30, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »
Llandudno already holds the world record for most overzealous celebration of a tenuous link with an author  D)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6229 on: April 30, 2015, 12:41:16 pm »
Llandudno already holds the world record for most overzealous celebration of a tenuous link with an author  D)

We also hold the record for the most mis-managed, pathetic, and in some cases demolished attractions in connection with said Author.

I also noticed whilst walking around the Gt Orme, these little stations where you can scan a code into your phone and get information about the area via Wi-Fi.
A good idea,  apart from the fact that is is IMPOSSIBLE to get any Wi-Fi signal anywhere near those points.
Another well thought out move eh?    &shake& &shake&

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6230 on: April 30, 2015, 12:45:36 pm »

We also hold the record for the most mis-managed, pathetic, and in some cases demolished attractions in connection with said Author.

I also noticed whilst walking around the Gt Orme, these little stations where you can scan a code into your phone and get information about the area via Wi-Fi.
A good idea,  apart from the fact that is is IMPOSSIBLE to get any Wi-Fi signal anywhere near those points.
Another well thought out move eh?    &shake& &shake&

The White Rabbit must still be down in its burrow :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6231 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:59 pm »
:laugh:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6232 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:36 pm »
Why can't you do it by 3 or 4G?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6233 on: April 30, 2015, 06:12:00 pm »
There's no signal on many parts of the Marine Drive.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6234 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:30 pm »

There is NO 4G anywhere in this area.... there is certainly little or no 3G around Marine Drive.
But that would have been too difficult for the planners to figure out.    &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Online Hugo

« Reply #6235 on: May 01, 2015, 02:40:45 pm »
I went shopping in Llandudno earlier in the day and it was nice to see the Bodafon Fields  full of visitors getting ready for the Extravaganza.
Let's hope the weather stays ok over the weekend and that everyone can enjoy the Bank Holiday.   

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6236 on: May 02, 2015, 12:34:33 pm »
Good to see the crowds are still at the Extravaganza, in spite of the poor weather.  $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6237 on: May 02, 2015, 12:52:30 pm »
We usually look at the transport show, but we hate getting wet! I will  wait till Monday, better weather for casted then!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6238 on: May 02, 2015, 02:23:44 pm »
Good to see the crowds are still at the Extravaganza, in spite of the poor weather.  $good$

Not the ideal day to be in the parade,.................a lot of wet feathers and soggy taffeta around.
Mike............. I hope you got dried out, you looked soaked even before the parade started.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6239 on: May 02, 2015, 06:55:36 pm »
Yes I was soaked but worse, I was also freezing cold. And even worse stil, I had two caddies both of whom were on wages oh dear