Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616555 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6240 on: May 02, 2015, 06:58:08 pm »
  The only brief time I had a warm glow when I had a lovely cuddle with a Victorian beauty pearly queen, strictly for the photographers of course

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6241 on: May 02, 2015, 09:56:32 pm »
You are an old charmer Mike. Hope you don't suffer from a chill. Might see you tomorrow if it is fit to turn out and I haven't got pneumonia !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6242 on: May 02, 2015, 10:47:53 pm »
Mike / Nemesis, you put us all to shame...

It took me ages tonight to get warmed through, I sincerely hope you don't suffer as a result of your Victorian endeavours.  $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6243 on: May 03, 2015, 10:52:45 am »
A shame that Mr Alexander was unable to perform his excellent show yesterday, due to the weather. Hopefully, he will be in action today and Monday, it's well worth seeing.  $good$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6244 on: May 03, 2015, 11:00:03 am »
Mike / Nemesis, you put us all to shame...

It took me ages tonight to get warmed through, I sincerely hope you don't suffer as a result of your Victorian endeavours.  $good$

Thanks for that Fester. I really should never have set off, but thought about all the people who put so much time and effort into organising such a gargantuan event, so decided to brave it ! Hope to be there again at 1pm today as it is now fine and I think I am up to date with work.

Thanks Wrex and Crew $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6245 on: May 03, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »
Thanks Fester. Had another go today -- what a difference. Warm, sunny and a very, very large crowd clapping and cheering. Only bad spot, my caddy said his arms were aching from carrying the golf bag, and could you leave one of the two clubs he was carrying to make it lighter. I doubt anyone of his age will read this, he is about 17. So no one will be offended. But it makes you wonder, he is from the age who will have to look after us all in the future. And two clubs were too heavy. The mind boggles.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6246 on: May 03, 2015, 05:39:35 pm »
perhaps if he had taken the ear pieces from his pod thing ( here speaks a dinosaur) out he would have managed better !!!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6247 on: May 03, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »
Llandudno was absolutely jam packed today; even West Shore was full with people parking and walking in to the centre of town, great to see and I hope that the traders and shops had a good day although I must admit to be surprised to see shops closed on such a busy day.

My only gripe was the awful scruffiness of some of the Policing staff present, (mainly PSCO's) that was utterly embarrassing. The British Police uniform has obviously had to evolve to meet current needs, but some of today's staff need to be told who and what they represent, look in the mirror and tidy themselves up.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6248 on: May 03, 2015, 11:04:06 pm »
Thanks Fester. Had another go today -- what a difference. Warm, sunny and a very, very large crowd clapping and cheering. Only bad spot, my caddy said his arms were aching from carrying the golf bag, and could you leave one of the two clubs he was carrying to make it lighter. I doubt anyone of his age will read this, he is about 17. So no one will be offended. But it makes you wonder, he is from the age who will have to look after us all in the future. And two clubs were too heavy. The mind boggles.

They don't make 'em like they used to Mike!   This is why we need a nuclear deterrent, because we would get our backsides kicked in 10 minutes flat is we tried to fight a conventional scrap!    &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6249 on: May 04, 2015, 07:03:28 pm »
A successgul Extravaganza, I think, in spite of the poor weather on the first day. Well done to Wrex and all the committee members and volunteers who worked hard to make it happen.  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6250 on: May 04, 2015, 08:18:25 pm »
cheers DaveR

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6251 on: May 04, 2015, 09:18:48 pm »
Yes thanks to Wrex, well organised as ever.
  Going back to Nemises's post , the plug in my caddies ear. I had' the noticed that until I heard people in the crowd shouting "give us a leaflet. Give us a leaflet. Give us a leaflet" now I know why

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6252 on: May 04, 2015, 09:22:32 pm »
   Just thought. I've got a plug in both ears. Perhaps he thought it was a part of the company dress code

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6253 on: May 04, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »
Yes thanks to Wrex, well organised as ever.
  Going back to Nemises's post , the plug in my caddies ear. I had' the noticed that until I heard people in the crowd shouting "give us a leaflet. Give us a leaflet. Give us a leaflet" now I know why

Then he disappeared and you lost him ! Hope you found him Ok.......or did he have to walk back up the Orme ?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6254 on: May 04, 2015, 09:31:12 pm »
 He had to walk back up the Orme. Not very happy, but his fault. Too impatient to wait 5 mins in the Cafe. He thought I was in front of him but actually I was behind. No wonder all the onlookers didn't know what it was all about.  Thank goodness I,ve got a glass of wine in my hand so I,m in a good mood