Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612516 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6420 on: July 05, 2015, 08:38:27 pm »
Hello themedz .Phil Talbot the donkey operator. You mention his age. Nothing special about that, youngsters have to start up sometime

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   Nice one Mike,  that did jump out at me too!    $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6421 on: July 05, 2015, 11:22:37 pm »
well done fes. was that a deodorant can in his left hand for when the dog goes?

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6422 on: July 06, 2015, 08:31:27 am »
Hello themedz .Phil Talbot the donkey operator. You mention his age. Nothing special about that, youngsters have to start up sometime

Mike/Fester Sorry if I didn't make it clear but what I showed was, in response to FatAndy's request for it, was the full extract from the Sunday Times article on beaches and not my own comments. I suppose I should have put it in quotation marks.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6423 on: July 06, 2015, 08:35:18 am »
Happy to oblige.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6424 on: July 07, 2015, 08:21:11 am »
               As I cycled past the recently-painted West Shore Bus Terminus this morning at about 0745 there was a large crane lifting the base on which the newly-restored White Rabbit Statue will stand onto the new plinth which has been constructed on the grass to the North-East of the terminus. They had just placed the base on the plinth as I was passing and I could see the statue nearby ready to be lifted into palace, but I did not see any sign of the "cage" which protected it (or not!) before on the old site. I was under the impression that the statue was going to be situated inside the terminus for security but I suppose it will  better out in the open where CCTV can monitor it, provided the cage is in place.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6425 on: July 07, 2015, 08:38:30 am »
That old cage looked awful and didn't really do much to protect the statue. Hopefully having it in a more visible location will help deter vandalism.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6426 on: July 07, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »
That old cage looked awful and didn't really do much to protect the statue. Hopefully having it in a more visible location will help deter vandalism.

I do not think it will, it would not take much to damage it beyond repair, there must be a more secure, yet public site available .........any ideas ?...... &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6427 on: July 07, 2015, 12:37:42 pm »

I do not think it will, it would not take much to damage it beyond repair, there must be a more secure, yet public site available .........any ideas ?...... &shake&

I always thought it should be situated on the roundabout on North Parade, by The St Tudno Hotel.
Very visible, very touristy, and looked on from all sides.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6428 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:57 pm »
Put it on the pier, I've heard it is quiet there.  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline systema

« Reply #6429 on: July 07, 2015, 10:38:49 pm »
How slow is your BT Internet connection now ?  We have been in Asia for a few months then Nottingham for 3 weeks and now back home to Llanddno and find the connection so slow I could read a book whilst waiting.  We have a home in Spain where the internet is voted the most expensive and slowest in the world but North Wales will soon be overtaking it.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #6430 on: July 07, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »
You can always upgrade to superfast broadband.

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #6431 on: July 08, 2015, 06:25:50 pm »
I did suggest inside the Railway Station. It would be a great welcome for visitors.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6432 on: July 08, 2015, 06:46:14 pm »
and it shuts at 3pm so the vandals would have to smash the doors to get at it

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #6433 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:10 pm »
1700 in July and August wrex.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6434 on: July 11, 2015, 03:54:36 pm »
The other thing that stood out ...litter, the street was covered in napkins, religious pamphlets and coffee cup lids, I know it is windy but all it needs is an old fashioned "sweeper" or "pickerupper" (up one side down the other in a circuit) to easy..... :roll:
I saw a TV prog. the other day, showing a council team, early in the morning, pressure washing difficult areas* in the High St, ready for the day.

Areas* around waste bins, under benches ,street lights ,chewing gum etc.(ring a bell)

It has been said that there is not enough bins, and what we have are normally full, but they are in dire need of a clean such as above, as are the other areas mentioned.............. $angry$