Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614142 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6555 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:59 am »
Very true!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6556 on: August 11, 2015, 10:10:33 am »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6557 on: August 12, 2015, 10:36:50 am »
It's been pleasing to see this year that CCBC have put far more effort into the public gardens around Llandudno's town centre. The promenade gardens, in particular, are looking far better, with lots of new planting and regular maintenance to keep them tidy. I don't think I've seen so much effort going into them in years. Well done CCBC.  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #6558 on: August 12, 2015, 12:19:40 pm »
Did I notice the judges for Wales in Bloom 2015 around town last Tuesday?  $good$

If so, let's hope Llandudno is a Winner.  $walesflag$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6559 on: August 12, 2015, 02:05:20 pm »
If you remember a while back I posted about inconsiderate parking stopping access to all our properties.
Well we WON ! They are installing lines as I type.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #6560 on: August 12, 2015, 02:08:27 pm »
Well done!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6561 on: August 12, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »
Thanks Ian. A couple of car shaped spaces still to do, as usual, folk parked on the pavement/road. What a fight we had, but at least we won the day.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6562 on: August 12, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »
It's been pleasing to see this year that CCBC have put far more effort into the public gardens around Llandudno's town centre. The promenade gardens, in particular, are looking far better, with lots of new planting and regular maintenance to keep them tidy. I don't think I've seen so much effort going into them in years. Well done CCBC.  $good$
      I'm out and about most mornings fairly early and the council gardeners have been very busy on the prom in the last couple of weeks and the results are excellent. The one thing that lets the display down (and it's no fault of the gardeners) is the floral clock by the cenotaph, which has been freshly replanted with flowers but has rarely shown the correct time since it was first installed.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6563 on: August 12, 2015, 05:07:13 pm »
I think what we've been seeing in the last few years can be described as 'compression', both in terms of the summer season itself and the individual days within that season. The season seems to grow a few days shorter every year, whilst the busy element of each day seems to be compressed into a fewer number of hours.

It's also interesting how the spending patterns of visitors have changed. For example, on the Pier, people will happily buy a coffee or beer, and spend a few pounds in the arcade, but are far less likely to buy something from one of the retail kiosks. Are retail purchases now seen as non-essential, or are the items on sale just not attractive enough to force a purchase?

Absolutely.... SPOT ON!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6564 on: August 13, 2015, 11:40:22 am »
Or items you can't get from the pound shop or much cheaper elsewhere.
People are custom savvy these days - take that football shop on there for example.
They were selling a Celtic Gnome for £25 I got the same gnome for £6.99 from Sports Direct, you don't have to be Martin Lewis to spot some of these!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6565 on: August 13, 2015, 12:23:03 pm »
 _))* _))* _))* I cannot believe that anyone would ever admit to buying one!!!!!!!
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6566 on: August 13, 2015, 12:50:20 pm »
shame that bog island is not kept upto standard

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6567 on: August 13, 2015, 02:35:16 pm »
_))* _))* _))* I cannot believe that anyone would ever admit to buying one!!!!!!!

Welllll It has the added security feature that nobody would ever nick it  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6568 on: August 14, 2015, 12:51:30 pm »
Or items you can't get from the pound shop or much cheaper elsewhere.
People are custom savvy these days - take that football shop on there for example.
They were selling a Celtic Gnome for £25 I got the same gnome for £6.99 from Sports Direct, you don't have to be Martin Lewis to spot some of these!

That reminds me of a lady who strode into my shop and said, 'These oil burners you are selling at £2.99, I've seen similar ones at £1.99 in PoundStretcher'

'Oh', I said... 'that's a real bargain'...... ''Did you buy one off them?'

'No, I didn't' was the reply.

'Well, I might as well make mine fifty quid each then, because it makes no difference does it, you still won't buy one' :laugh:

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6569 on: August 14, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »
Fester I have that T shirt..........My lady asked for a jacket in a size 40 which she tried on, looked at the price and said they were £20 cheaper down the road, but they did not have her size...............I explained that if I did not have her size......I would be £30 cheaper.        ;)