Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2661618 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #6975 on: April 29, 2016, 09:47:55 am »
Looks like Saturday is going to be the best day for the Extravaganza, weather wise. Bodafon field is getting a bit muddy with all the recent hail/rain, be warned if you're thinking of going to the Transport Festival.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #6976 on: April 29, 2016, 10:19:07 am »
I seem to remember, many years ago, when we had guests who brought a traction engine, that Bodafon was unusable to anything heavy and all the heavyweight vehicles had to be left overnight in the station yard. Chaos reigned, even then ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #6977 on: April 29, 2016, 04:53:39 pm »
I see Gloddaeth Ave. is beginning to look like a Motorhome park, I know Colwyn Bay has or is doing something about this, (Reply 937 21/8/15 Every thing to do with Col.Bay ) I thought there was talk on the forum about Llandudno doing similar.?They are taking up at least two car spaces per van.but I am sure the money saved will be spent in town. _))*

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6978 on: April 29, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »
Phooo I think not ! :-X

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6979 on: April 30, 2016, 11:05:44 pm »
 Carrying on in a different tack but still whats Llandudno Like right now? How many noticed today that the "Monkey Man" has undergone a dramatic change. Reminded me of an old T,V programme where a mild mannered man changed into the hulk if he was annoyed.
   I didn't recognise the monkey man at first. It was just his style of dancing which I knew I had seen before. But now accompanied by a very attractive female partner his dress was very similar to that worn by the late Lemmy. Fester, if you saw him in the parade, do you agree?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6980 on: April 30, 2016, 11:54:41 pm »
Carrying on in a different tack but still whats Llandudno Like right now? How many noticed today that the "Monkey Man" has undergone a dramatic change. Reminded me of an old T,V programme where a mild mannered man changed into the hulk if he was annoyed.
   I didn't recognise the monkey man at first. It was just his style of dancing which I knew I had seen before. But now accompanied by a very attractive female partner his dress was very similar to that worn by the late Lemmy. Fester, if you saw him in the parade, do you agree?

I try not to look at him Mike, can't stand him so I don't give him the attention he craves.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6981 on: May 01, 2016, 08:04:56 am »
We checked the met office forcast last night, it said dry for Sunday morning, so we loaded up the car to do the car boot sale at the Oval. Then this morning when the forcast still says dry, it is chucking down! How can they get it so wrong??  :rage:  :rage:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #6982 on: May 01, 2016, 08:07:14 am »
Not sure if you are on facebook Mike but there are some good photos of the parade and you on there.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6983 on: May 01, 2016, 11:51:09 am »
We checked the met office forcast last night, it said dry for Sunday morning, so we loaded up the car to do the car boot sale at the Oval. Then this morning when the forcast still says dry, it is chucking down! How can they get it so wrong??  :rage:  :rage:
It's worse than that ME,  The BBC news forecast on TV shows rain all over N Wales until 5pm today. But the BBC News website weather forecast shows NO rain in N Wales at all today, not a drop.  It's ridiculous!!
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6984 on: May 01, 2016, 12:01:32 pm »
All that money spent on weather forcasting equipment and still they get it wrong!  &shake&  my forcast for tomorrow....it might rain, possible dry spells.  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6985 on: May 01, 2016, 02:38:45 pm »
Not sure if you are on facebook Mike but there are some good photos of the parade and you on there.

See you managed to get the gear Mike !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #6986 on: May 01, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »
It's worse than that ME,  The BBC news forecast on TV shows rain all over N Wales until 5pm today. But the BBC News website weather forecast shows NO rain in N Wales at all today, not a drop.  It's ridiculous!!

In the past we have cancelled a number of our walks due to adverse weather forecasts, but on the actual days we were due to do the walks the weather has been good.       :rage:
Now we wait until the morning of the day before we cancel any walk.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6987 on: May 01, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »
  Fester. I don't know the monkey man apart from by sight. But you are not the type to hate anyone without reason.
   Anyway I've had plenty of sight of him in the last two days. Today he was dressed as an Elvis lookalike (I think) and his lady did a spell pushing the pram. No dancing from either of them. But I must say they appear to have a lot of friends and admirers in the crowd. Several times someone darted out to give handshakes and hugs. Cannot say anyone did that to me.
   So, sorry Fester, I will be watching out for him tomorrow to see what he is dressed up as. And I suppose all actors crave attention. Not really such a bad thing.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6988 on: May 01, 2016, 09:50:18 pm »
Nemesis, I spend half my life on Facebook. I know a lot of people sneer at it and point out the disputes and discord it can cause. But as far as I am concerned it has done me nothing but good. It has reunited me with members of my own family and I have even met close members of my family that I only knew vaguely existed.
   And its taken a few bob out of my pockets on advertising, but the adverts are directed straight at where I need it. Unlike flyers and posters which are expensive and are just scatter gun tools, most of it directed at people who have no interest in golf.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #6989 on: May 01, 2016, 09:58:24 pm »
I don't hate him Mike, I just cannot bear him as I am suspicious of his motives.

There is enough genuine mental illness around, (in this area particularly) without someone pretending to be so.  He picks and chooses when to be nuts.  I thought eccentricity was not something you switch on and off?
I also believe that the new Mrs Monkey has a daughter, who sometimes accompanies them.  What a strange environment to embroil that hold or any child in?
I might be wrong about that, it was 2nd hand information,  and I might be in a tiny minority, but I don't like the guy for several reasons and thats just how I feel.
Fester...