Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616966 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7065 on: June 06, 2016, 12:15:31 am »
Been round town tonight, perfect night because the so called posh bars like Snooze were busy, and the lower end bars like Town House were all thriving too.
Had a great night with local friends and visitors alike... burp!  ZXZ Z** ZXZ
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7066 on: June 06, 2016, 08:48:54 am »
I'm due to visit Snooze soon, apparently it's good for a pint?  Z**
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7067 on: June 06, 2016, 08:55:31 am »
          I had a ride on my bike down the prom in Llandudno from the paddling pool to the cenotaph at around 0700 this morning and was appalled by the amount of litter everywhere. It's not the fault of the of the general public or the council lads on cleaning duties, as all the bins were all full to overflowing and the seagulls had opened all the plastic carrier bags that had been placed by them because there was no more room. There are enough bins about but they are all too small for the amount of litter generated, and also I have seen seagulls pulling bags etc out of overflowing bins. When I have visited other seaside resorts such as Torquay, Bournemouth, Douglas, Scarborough etc I have seen council workers out out at 0600 cleaning up, emptying (much larger) litter bins, raking the sands (admittedly not a big job here at the moment!) and generally making the place clean and ready for visitors. I also saw litter bins in Bournemouth which had solar-powered self-compacting motors on them which compressed the litter when it filled up and the local council lads said they were  a great success.
           I am also noticed that the council has provided fancy new flower boxes ( with the council crest on them) and then fixed them onto the existing seats in Mostyn Street area, thereby reducing the seating area, but also providing another place to put your litter when you can't be bothered to find a bin! Surely the cash could have been spent on providing more larger, more efficient bins in the town, with spring-loaded flaps on to counteract the seagull problem.
            The town has been absolutely jammed over the couple of weeks or so and everyone has been enjoying themselves and there is nowhere nicer and more beautiful than Llandudno, but the visitors always remember what they have seen and the litter problem needs addressing. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7068 on: June 06, 2016, 10:23:05 am »
To say Conwy CBC is always crying the poor tale it must be mad. The place is packed and guess what? NO ONE IS MANNING THE GREAT ORME TOLL GATE ! That is the second time this week as there was no one there on Tuesday either. ! Imagine the revenue that they are losing. $angry$
>?>??
             I don't know if it has been fixed yet but the last three times that l walked through the car park at the summit of the Orme lthere was a piece of paper taped across the Pay and Display machine which had FREE PARKING  written on it.
It must be getting on for six months now that it has been like that - unbelievable!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7069 on: June 06, 2016, 05:42:46 pm »
Perhaps if the council properly collected and ran income streams in a business-like manner, they could afford to empty more rubbish bins on the prom and not have to cut down on household collections.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7070 on: June 06, 2016, 06:17:10 pm »
I was relating the fact that the toilets at Rhos are closed for 8 weeks to some friends this afternoon and lo and behold the toilets at Craig-y-Don by the paddling pool are also shut for refurbishment for 8 weeks ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7071 on: June 06, 2016, 07:46:04 pm »
That's complete and utter bonkers Nemesis.    &shake&
I passed the paddling pool the other day and there were hundreds of people and children all enjoying the run of good weather.
There were no car spaces along the prom and many cars were having to park in the Craigside housing estate

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7072 on: June 06, 2016, 08:18:49 pm »
Next thing will be the water quality of the paddling pool when all the poor desperate kiddies have had a wee in it !

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7073 on: June 06, 2016, 09:50:10 pm »
Several customers of mine in the last week have either written to, or emailed CCBC as to the appalling situation regarding the provision of toilets in Colwyn Bay and Llandudno.
It is a basic human need, and the situation is chronic and embarrassing
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7074 on: June 07, 2016, 08:32:19 am »
I was relating the fact that the toilets at Rhos are closed for 8 weeks to some friends this afternoon and lo and behold the toilets at Craig-y-Don by the paddling pool are also shut for refurbishment for 8 weeks ! :o
You have to wonder who makes these decisions? Contractors have been working for the last month to get the Paddling Pool ready for the 1st June opening and now the pool is open, they have closed the toilets!!

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7075 on: June 07, 2016, 09:13:08 am »
          As I had a bit of a moan on this thread yesterday about the state of the Prom and the litter problem it is only fair to come back on and report that at 0730 this morning all the litter bins had been emptied and the surrounding areas swept clean. There was even a council tractor parked on the slipway which could have been waiting for the sand-raking attachment to be fitted!
          Well done the council cleaning gangs! 
                                                                            &well&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #7076 on: June 07, 2016, 10:58:40 am »
And.....we have a flower bed for the Queen's birthday.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7077 on: June 07, 2016, 12:40:55 pm »
I noticed that the new 'No Parking' signs on the grass verge outside the Pier entrance are being completely ignored.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #7078 on: June 07, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »
I wonder whose responsibility it is to issue fixed penalty notices in that area?

The Civil Enforcement Officers or the deck chair attendants?

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #7079 on: June 07, 2016, 03:08:22 pm »
I wonder whose responsibility it is to issue fixed penalty notices in that area?
The Civil Enforcement Officers or the deck chair attendants?

Neither and until the changes to the by-laws come in to effect later this summer, the same few people will continue to abuse the promenade and treat it as if it were their personal car park. What I can't understand is why Mostyn's haven't intervened and told the Pier owners to stop parking on their land.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)