Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614160 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7200 on: August 30, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »
The power cut was yesterday - Bank Holiday Monday - and it took out several of the seafront hotels. Scottish Power were ferrying little gennies to one and all.  Has it happened again today?

Ian, The DP report is timed at 17:00, 30 AUG 2016 UPDATED 17:18, 30 AUG 2016 so looks like today..........unless they are still getting over their long weekend.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/hundreds-llandudno-properties-hit-huge-11820258

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7201 on: August 30, 2016, 06:54:21 pm »
Yes;  and I know there was a pretty significant cut yesterday, so it looks as though there's some sort of ongoing issue.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #7202 on: August 30, 2016, 09:17:04 pm »
Came back on about 16:45 30/08/16 best part of 2 hours in peace and quiet!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7203 on: September 02, 2016, 02:38:57 pm »
Crappy picture, had to zoom right in, but here are a pod of dolphins just off Llandudno pier today.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7204 on: September 05, 2016, 08:41:30 am »
Anyone else hear that massive bang at about 10.15 pm last night, somewhere in the direction of the North Shore? It was loud enough for people to be hanging out of windows trying to see what had happened.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7205 on: September 05, 2016, 10:31:04 am »
Anyone else hear that massive bang at about 10.15 pm last night, somewhere in the direction of the North Shore? It was loud enough for people to be hanging out of windows trying to see what had happened.
I heard the helicopter last, maybe the bang was part of this .........
Coastguard report............
We were paged at 20:45 to reports of a person in the water off the Little Orme after a member of the public saw flashing lights and heard cries for help.
Rescue 936 were diverted from their training mission to assist and Llandudno Lifeboat Crew were requested to launch.
Arriving on scene we could see the flashing lights but were unable to see what it was due to the darkness. Llandudno ILB pulled up alongside it and confirmed it was in fact a small vessel which had come into difficulties despite being adequately prepared.
Rescue 936 was stood down and returned to its training mission.
We met the casualty vessel at the sailing club slipway and ensured that safety advice was given and that no medical attention was required. We returned the casualty to his vehicle in order for him to recover the vessel. No further action was required and we returned to station.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7206 on: September 05, 2016, 11:10:31 am »
We had also had the helicopter passing over us, but that was much earlier, so I don't know what was going on. The bang must have been very loud as we were walking with the dog next to the Grand Ash and people in the flats opposite were trying to see what was happening.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7207 on: September 05, 2016, 07:10:03 pm »
We had also had the helicopter passing over us, but that was much earlier, so I don't know what was going on. The bang must have been very loud as we were walking with the dog next to the Grand Ash and people in the flats opposite were trying to see what was happening.

I read on Fb last night that a bus engine had blown up, and that was the 'bang'....seems feasible.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7208 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:48 pm »
I'm at work... but 20 yards away these guys are doing this!
I'm not jealous at all, honest!
Fester...

Offline Dave

« Reply #7209 on: September 06, 2016, 08:02:46 pm »
Personally I detest Jet Skis and would prefer to see them banned from Llandudno Bay altogether. They bring absolutely nothing to the town except noise and harassment of the wildlife.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7210 on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:49 pm »
Personally I detest Jet Skis and would prefer to see them banned from Llandudno Bay altogether. They bring absolutely nothing to the town except noise and harassment of the wildlife.

Dave, I could not agree with you more.

However, personally, I would prefer to use a 7.62 LMG on the end of the pier to deal with jet skis.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7211 on: September 06, 2016, 11:40:51 pm »
I think they are fantastic, and I would love to try one again.... seeing as the only time I did go on one in Mexico I almost died.
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7212 on: September 07, 2016, 09:08:01 am »
I think they are fantastic, and I would love to try one again.... seeing as the only time I did go on one in Mexico I almost died.

second time lucky!  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7213 on: September 07, 2016, 09:08:52 am »

Offline BMD

« Reply #7214 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:41 pm »
Of course, Colwyn Bay is now the jet ski capital of North Wales, surpassing Llandudno for once.