Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612380 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7365 on: December 31, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »
As another year draws to a close, a very happy and successful New Year to all our members.

[smg id=3363]
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7366 on: December 31, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »
And for those who can't see it...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like....... coming soon ?
« Reply #7367 on: January 02, 2017, 04:32:28 pm »
The Daily Post has focused on key developments in each county that have the potential to create hundreds of new jobs

The seaside town of Llandudno has a number of retail and hospitality projects that could create up to 400 jobs over the next 12 months.
Work is finally set to start in January on the Tudno Castle site with multi-million pound plans for a new Premier Inn hotel and restaurant and retail units.
This will create dozens of jobs during the extensive construction project and more than 100 roles once the site is operational.

At the other side of Parc Llandudno Primark is due to open a store at the former BHS unit in the summer - bringing more than 100 jobs to the area and attracting extra shoppers into the town.
Restaurant chain Dylan’s hopes to open at the Washington Hotel site in the spring with another 40 jobs created and more roles during the development phase.
Finally, there are also controversial plans for the Pier Pavilion site. If this did get the go-ahead, in the face of strong local opposition, then there would be further roles created in the major apartment and commercial development.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/projects-kick-start-north-wales-12394930

Offline Greyhound

« Reply #7368 on: January 09, 2017, 11:38:47 am »
I've heard that The Links is closing for a refit. Any idea what works they are going to do to it? Are they aiming to make it a bit more upmarket or keep it much the same as now? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I am slow to the mark.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7369 on: January 09, 2017, 12:44:26 pm »
I've heard that The Links is closing for a refit. Any idea what works they are going to do to it? Are they aiming to make it a bit more upmarket or keep it much the same as now? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I am slow to the mark.
More of a hotel and eatery than a pub so I hear, hence why the darts team has been disbanded.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Jelly Baby

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now? Roger Smith and the carronade??
« Reply #7370 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:28 am »
OK, so it's well past New Year (we've been in hibernation!) but pray tell me - and as a Llandudno-born Taswegian, I feel I have earned the right to know!  ;D - did Roger fire his carronade at midnight? I wish I could have been within earshot! I bet that woke a few early-to-bedders up!!  ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7371 on: January 13, 2017, 12:09:06 pm »
High Tide at North Shore today:

Offline Moelycrio

« Reply #7372 on: January 13, 2017, 07:07:53 pm »
I thinks it's true, but Estate Agents don't like to admit it.
I've kept an eye on several properties that I have been interested in, some of them have been on the market for years.
All of them are now listed for considerably less than they were a year or two ago.
One of them has been reduced by 40% in the last 2 years.

Bri, the reason?  No one has any money, and the relationship between earnings and house prices became ridiculously overstretched.
I've been watching prices for 6 months and seen some big drops recently. The market for £300k plus homes must be quite limited with regard to local wages. Lots of people inheriting big properties, particularly ones needing work, might be disapointed.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #7373 on: January 15, 2017, 04:27:08 pm »
A pop-up shelter offering overnight accommodation for the vulnerable homeless community is currently being trialled.

The facility at the former English Baptist Church hall on Great Orme’s Road, Llandudno, is part of a project involving The Lighthouse Community and Hope Restored as well as North Wales Police and Conwy Council.
The two week trial involves the shelter being offered three to four days a week for up to eight people, with the church open until 10.15pm, when the doors are closed until the morning.

North Wales Police is stepping up patrols in the area in order to reassure the residential community.
Safer Neighbourhood team Sergeant Parry said: “North Wales Police believes it matters to them not only to listen to the community it serves but to equally protect all of its community and visitors alike.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-pop-up-homeless-shelter-12456793

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7374 on: January 16, 2017, 12:21:18 am »
So..... you're homeless, but you can sit in the church til 10.15pm,  then you get kicked out onto the freezing streets at 10.15pm?
Isn't that the worst part of the day to be homeless?   How is that helping?  What am I not understanding?
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7375 on: January 16, 2017, 08:47:18 am »
I think they only lock the doors once all the homeless are safely ensconced within.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7376 on: January 16, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »
Ian, I'm not sure that's the case.... genuinely
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7377 on: January 16, 2017, 06:14:02 pm »
The article's first sentence:

"A pop-up shelter offering overnight accommodation for the vulnerable homeless community is currently being trialled.":

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7378 on: January 16, 2017, 06:22:11 pm »
Perhaps it would be advantageous if I learned to READ!
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7379 on: January 17, 2017, 12:26:43 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4125938/Pensioner-fined-80-pouring-coffee-drain.html

Not in Llandudno but in London but the same litter gestapos who operate in Llandudno.
I also hear they now stalk the car parks of Asda and the other retail parks in the area so take care when it's windy that nothing blows away when you open your car door etc as this vermin will pounce on anyone. Their aim is purely to exploit people and make money.