Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616814 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7590 on: July 21, 2017, 06:02:00 pm »
Good shot of the St Georges new penthouse rooms.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7591 on: July 21, 2017, 06:11:18 pm »
A thing I think should be looked at is the bus bay at the start of the pier. It is now full to overflowing with vehicles and road trains - so much so when one bus wants out the two road trains need to loop around to let them pass. At the very least it needs to be widened or lengthened to work properly again. One day I saw two road trains (around the Orme and West Shore) and four buses (open top, open top ticket office, London Routemaster and the vintage bus for going around the Orme). It's great Llandudno can support so many businesses like this but the infrastructure needs to grow as well.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #7592 on: July 21, 2017, 06:17:05 pm »
Yes Ormac, I have noticed this as well.  I have heard that the Open Top bus used as a ticket office (it also seems to usefully act as an informal TIC) being parked there was a reaction to the rent increase for their previous office immediately outside the pier entrance.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7593 on: July 24, 2017, 08:49:54 pm »
Just watched a short acrobatic aerial display over Westshore before they flew to the Northshore for another short display, very unexpected, but entertaining on this lovely evening, anybody else see it?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7594 on: July 24, 2017, 09:34:27 pm »
A single plane over Conwy looping the loop etc. And yes it has generally been a beautiful day.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7595 on: July 24, 2017, 10:20:31 pm »
It was a Supermarine Spitfire, unfortunately I didn't have my binoculars to hand to get any more detail, but it was a privilege to see.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7596 on: July 25, 2017, 11:01:43 am »
There is a Spitfire based in North Wales, I read the story a few years ago.........

http://www.paulsquires.co.uk/spitfire.html

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #7597 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:57 pm »
I was at a car club event near Dyserth on Sunday afternoon and it flew over twice ... think it's based on the small airstrip just north of Denbigh ... certainly spectacular as it dipped so the pilot could have a better look at what we were up to!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7598 on: July 25, 2017, 12:47:41 pm »
The aircraft last night was a single seat aircraft.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7599 on: July 25, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »
Just flown over again at 1400 west to east.

Offline Dave

« Reply #7600 on: July 26, 2017, 06:21:28 pm »
Planning application notices have gone up in Queens Park , Craig-y-Don for Gorjys Events to sell alcohol, late night refreshments and play both recorded and live music and dance performances between the hours of 10.00am and 23.30 from Wednesdays through to Sunday all year.
Now once in a long while might be OK but as a regular event  there is no way In my humble opinion it should be allowed in what is now a lovely park and play area.
Worryingly, the Gorjys Events website refers to Conwy Council as a friend
http://www.gorjys.com/#friends
What with applications to allow street traders on many streets in and around Llandudno, what's it all about?
Is it just to make it easy on a one off basis but if that's so it will open the floodgates to abuse.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #7601 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:50 pm »
Very interesting especially as the toilet facilities were removed a number of years ago.

Down on West Shore would seem a more suitable location where there are toilets.

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #7602 on: July 26, 2017, 07:56:15 pm »
A license has been applied for so that a sports, food and music event can be held.  To be organised by Always Aim High, Dylan's and Gorgys events.  These organisations are very community focussed and want to put something on that everyone can enjoy.  The music will be acoustic and the event will be not finish late.  Toilets will be organised.

A lot of Craig y Don residents have suggested over the years that the park would be a good place for a low key festival, which is what is being proposed.  The Friends of the Park support the plan, but as always will listen to concerns of local residents. 

Offline Dave

« Reply #7603 on: July 26, 2017, 08:40:59 pm »
A single event, no problems but why an all year Wednesday to Sunday application?

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #7604 on: July 27, 2017, 07:48:42 am »
Dave
I think this is standard practice when applying for a license.  Once issued the licensee has full responsibility for activities that take place.