Author Topic: Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)  (Read 31529 times)

Offline jml

Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:20:24 pm »
Recently I dropped off my partner to do some shopping on Mostyn Champneys retail park. Then went to the car wash (back off the old Halfords). Came back about 30 min later to pick her up.
Cost me £80 fine for returning within the hour. Even though I did not park there.
Anyone with similar experience?

Offline Yorkie

Re: APNR Parking Parc Llandudno & Mostyn Champneys
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:23:58 pm »
Don't pay or answer any correspondence.  It is only a civil action they can take and as you have not agreed to use their services by paying or in writing, no contract exists and therefore cannot be enforced.
    D)
Did you say you damaged one of your tyres in their potholes?  You can sue them for damages using the Small Claims procedure!    L0L

Incidently it is ANPR, Automatic Number Plate Recognition.   ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:41:09 pm »
BBC Watchdog covered this sometime ago and I agree with Yorkie's advice

What also is  very annoying is that DVLA sell the car owner's details to the parking company, that should not be allowed!  $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:42:02 pm »
Found an interesting topic in the forum of money saving expert

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3360572

ust a warning for anyone who might visit the Mostyn Champneys Retail Park in Llandudno, they've just given permission to the well-known bunch of cowboys from Parking Eye to scam shoppers who use the car park there.

If you get an invoice from Parking Eye (they can't "fine" you) the advice is don't pay and ignore any correspondance - there's a lot more advice and info here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

What I find annoying is the statement from Centre Manager about this - "Colin Gilligan, Centre Manager of Mostyn Champneys Retail Park, explains the background behind the new scheme: “Although we have recognised for some time that we are probably the most attractive parking location in the town – conveniently located and entirely free – we have also become aware of the growing number of non-shoppers who leave their vehicles for long periods, and at busy times deprive our genuine shoppers of a legitimate parking space."

I've been visiting Mostyn Champneys ever since it opened and never once in hundreds of visits have I not been able to find a space. Saturday afternoons, Christmas, Saturday afternoons at Christmas, you name it I've always had no trouble finding a space. Has anyone ever been there are left because they couldn't park? Speak now or forever hold your peace! This is little more than a money raising exercise for the owners of the retail park, although ultimately it will cost the tenants as shoppers are scared off and start to boycott the place.

SHAME ON YOU MOSTYN CHAMPNEYS!

n.b. Parc Llandudno just over the road also allow Parking Eye to rip off their customers as well so -

SHAME ON YOU PARC LLANDUDNO AS WELL!

Offline martin

Re: Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 09:33:01 pm »
Thanks for the information, just hope I never need it.  This sort of thing is bad for the retail park, bad for the retailers and bad for the town, why are operations like this allowed, it is little more than theft. $angry$

Offline Jack

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »
My missus parked there the other week when taking the kids to watch the panto at Venue Cymru as there was no-where else to park, we got a 'fine' a week or so later of which I have no intention of paying.  Strangely her Sister followed her into the carpark and parked next to her and she has never been issued with a parking invoice! 

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 10:53:04 pm »
I find it very wrong that the DVLA sell the car's owner's details to these parking companies!  $angry$

Offline Annprestatyn

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 02:14:56 pm »
I have received a letter from parking eye stating I parked from 16.03 until 18.35 on the 2nd April . They request a £50.00. Firstly I am disabled, walk poorly with a stick. I used my disabled blue badge to park.  I had to move car parking places because I could not walk to the other side of the park shops. It takes me a while because of my disability to shop re pain,, mobility etc;
Do I have to pay this. I am very shocked as I parked both times in a disabled bay. I have receipts from various shops stating times I bought items on the retail park. Thanks gor any advice

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:29:23 pm »
I have received a letter from parking eye stating I parked from 16.03 until 18.35 on the 2nd April . They request a £50.00. Firstly I am disabled, walk poorly with a stick. I used my disabled blue badge to park.  I had to move car parking places because I could not walk to the other side of the park shops. It takes me a while because of my disability to shop re pain,, mobility etc;
Do I have to pay this. I am very shocked as I parked both times in a disabled bay. I have receipts from various shops stating times I bought items on the retail park. Thanks gor any advice

Ann, don't panic.

As Yorkie said in post two, under no circumstances contact them in any way. Do not write to them or enter into any telephone conversations, by using thier car park you have NOT entered into any contract with them they have NO right in law to take you to court or demand payment.
Any correspondence must go straight in the bin and forgotten about.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 11:55:42 pm »
If they didn't deal with the issue on the day, by way of a clamp or a ticket... then they can do nothing.

They are a bunch of chancers who should be completely ignored.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 08:21:44 am »
Is anyone doing anything to stop the DVLC from making vehicle owners details public ?
It was always my understanding that only police officers had access to this information and then only if they had a good reason.

Have I been wrong all these years or has something changed ?
Over to you ex pc Yorkie.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 08:33:12 am »
The DVLA gets £2.50 a time for every piece of driver info they give out. Seems wrong to me.  &shake&

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123390/7-000-drivers-names-sold-criminals-How-DVLA-21m-selling-details-4-85m-motorists.html

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 09:46:42 am »
I find it very wrong that the DVLA sell the car's owner's details to these parking companies!  $angry$

As I was saying last year, it is totally wrong  $angry$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 10:02:28 am »
Is anyone doing anything to stop the DVLC from making vehicle owners details public ?
It was always my understanding that only police officers had access to this information and then only if they had a good reason.

Have I been wrong all these years or has something changed ?
Over to you ex pc Yorkie.

The answer is very simple - EVERYONE can obtain the information from the DVLA on payment of a Fee but a reason has to be given.  For example if the Police were unwilling to assist with giving you another drivers information after a minor shunt, you could apply for the information from the DVLA if you wished to take out a private action.   Generally it is available if it is required to aid the prosecution or a civil action against the driver of a vehicle.  This has been the case for many years, it is just that these private companies are now taking advantage of the facility.

:rage:

There must be something about it on the DVLA web site.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 11:55:52 am »
Thanks for making that clear.
Still does not seem  $angry$.