Author Topic: Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)  (Read 31523 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: Parking in Llandudno (Mostyn Champneys)
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »
when asda first came in the condition was FREE parking and nothing has changed

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »
Originally with Asda they checked your receipt when you left the park to make sure you hadn't parked there and walked into town, I think it was 3 hours maximum and then they charged you if you went over. I remember many complaints to the NWWN at the time as in very busy periods some people with large families to shop for were taking that long to get through the store and were being charged after spending over £200 in the store.
With 2 entrances & 1 exit it could take 30 minutes just to get out which didn't  help the situation either!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 01:14:30 am »
Experience tells me that it is better to ignore ALL fines, all bills,all invoices, all demands....

All debts, all CSA or maintenance demands, all financial problems of any kind.

Over 95% of them seem to strangely fade away.

My ex-wife got into staggering amounts of debt, and by ignoring them and sending diversionary letters, she paid very little in the end.

Ridiculous as it sounds, burying ones head in the sand, Ostrich style, seems to pay dividends in life.  &shake&

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 08:11:35 am »
Have you been talking to Ken Dodd? ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2012, 09:39:56 am »

Ridiculous as it sounds, burying ones head in the sand, Ostrich style, seems to pay dividends in life.  &shake&

As does shopping at the Coop!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 10:15:50 am »
Have you been talking to Ken Dodd? ;D

He's been talking to Rangers FC. that worked out great for them  _))* _))* _))*

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012, 10:24:21 am »
Found an interesting topic in the forum of money saving expert

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3360572

ust a warning for anyone who might visit the Mostyn Champneys Retail Park in Llandudno, they've just given permission to the well-known bunch of cowboys from Parking Eye to scam shoppers who use the car park there.

If you get an invoice from Parking Eye (they can't "fine" you) the advice is don't pay and ignore any correspondance - there's a lot more advice and info here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

What I find annoying is the statement from Centre Manager about this - "Colin Gilligan, Centre Manager of Mostyn Champneys Retail Park, explains the background behind the new scheme: “Although we have recognised for some time that we are probably the most attractive parking location in the town – conveniently located and entirely free – we have also become aware of the growing number of non-shoppers who leave their vehicles for long periods, and at busy times deprive our genuine shoppers of a legitimate parking space."

I've been visiting Mostyn Champneys ever since it opened and never once in hundreds of visits have I not been able to find a space. Saturday afternoons, Christmas, Saturday afternoons at Christmas, you name it I've always had no trouble finding a space. Has anyone ever been there are left because they couldn't park? Speak now or forever hold your peace! This is little more than a money raising exercise for the owners of the retail park, although ultimately it will cost the tenants as shoppers are scared off and start to boycott the place.

SHAME ON YOU MOSTYN CHAMPNEYS!

n.b. Parc Llandudno just over the road also allow Parking Eye to rip off their customers as well so -

SHAME ON YOU PARC LLANDUDNO AS WELL!

That all sounds a bit familiar.

(On this occasion I won't be filing suit for breach of copyright  ;).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012, 10:37:06 am »
Daughter and her boyfriend parked in Parc Llandudno, thinking it was 3 hour parking like Mostyn Champneys. Boyfriend today got parking charge for being 48 mins over the 2 free hours allowed at Parc Llandudno. £50 if paid now, rises to £80 then £110 if not paid. Can he ignore this as he was over the time limit they state?
Thanks

There's a slight difference between Mostyn Champneys and Parc Llandudno in that you can be liable to a "reasonable pre-estimate of losses incurred" if you park and don't pay.  As Mostyn Champneys is a free carpark then a reasonable pre-estimate of losses will always be £0.00.  At Parc Llandudno there are charges if you stay more than two hours so if you overstay then there will be a reasonable pre-estimate of losses, i.e. the amount you should have paid.  I don't know how much this is as I try to avoid Parc Llandudno as much as possible but I'd imagine it's no more than a couple of quid, and certainly not £110!  So although your boyfriend does technically owe some money I think safe to ignore Parking Lie's demand as they aren't going to instigate court action for the sake of a couple of quid.

Incidentally, even though you can ignore these scam invoices I'd urge everyone to pay the correct charge on a pay and display car park as this would reduce the tempation for places like Parc Llandudno to allow cowboys to scam their customers in this way.

Emo Philips

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »
Sorry, but I had to share this (even though it includes a few rude words!).  It probably helps if you know a bit about POPLA and also that Aldi are currently getting a huge amount via Facebook because Parking Lie have recently started issuing court proceedings against their customers but I think it's probably still funny anyway.

Episode 1: Hitler versus the Parking Prankster

Emo Philips

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 09:34:03 pm »
I can remember crying laughing at that piece of film set to words to do with Manchester United. I think Hitler was Ferguson and the thing that really got to me was when someone said to "Hitler", "Don't worry, you've still got Wesley Brown."

Thanks for the tip about the Vintage shop Andy. Could you tell me where it is please?

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 07:10:09 pm »
Thanks for the tip about the Vintage shop Andy. Could you tell me where it is please?

Vintage Rose will be on Abergele Road in Colwyn Bay, more or less opposite the junction with Greenfield Road.  I'm not sure if it's open yet, there still appeared to be newspaper covering the windows this morning.

Emo Philips

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »
Regarding parking 'fines', this is not good news:

"Parking fines issued by private companies have been ruled as fair and proportionate by the Supreme Court in a judgment handed down today.

The ruling could lead to people being more severely fined for things such as missing appointments, being late for nursery pick-ups or overusing wi-fi in a hotel.  Which? is worried that the ruling has watered down the law on penalty charges and unfair terms, and could now pave the way for more fines and default charges. There is also fear it may encourage more firms to adopt business models based around default charging.

The Supreme Court case was brought by Barry Beavis against Parking Eye which issued him with an £85 parking fine for overstaying in a private car park. Which? originally intervened in the case in a bid to ensure important consumer rights that protect consumers from excessive fines in all sectors were not watered down."

The bottom line is that the Supreme court has unequivocally backed parking charges, but companies not connected with parking but providing other services might choose to follow suit.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2015, 06:50:14 pm »
I am currently fighting a 'fine' levelled by Excel Parking. They operate their car parks by camera and you have to enter the full registration number of your vehicle when obtaining a ticket. I made a mistake entering the registration number and they are now trying to 'fine' me £100 for 39 minutes parking. All the paperwork is produced to look very official as if from a statutory body and is worded strongly to the point of being threatening. At no point do they suggest that I failed to purchase a ticket, nor do they suggest that they have been financially disadvantaged.

They have refused to enter into to any correspondence, but there is a so called 'appeals process' where you appeal on line to a supposedly 'independent' organisation, which is actually funded by the private car park operators themselves. I had a devil of a job accessing it, because, low and behold, Excel Parking had made a mistake entering the details!!!! Surprisingly, my appeal was turned down with the rationale that I had breached the terms and conditions of use of the carpark. Sadly for them, the board in the carpark showing the terms and conditions had various bits of gaffer tape of the same colour as the board stuck across it, presumably where the company had deleted/altered the terms and conditions, which I have photographed.

I am more than happy to go to County Court with this one, should be fun!
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
I suppose the major worry is that they could simply enter a negative comment on your credit report.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2015, 08:52:58 pm »
Regarding parking 'fines', this is not good news:

"Parking fines issued by private companies have been ruled as fair and proportionate by the Supreme Court in a judgment handed down today.

The bottom line is that the Supreme court has unequivocally backed parking charges, but companies not connected with parking but providing other services might choose to follow suit.

I have a guaranteed method of avoiding parking charges from Parking Lie.  If I see one of their signs I immediately turn around leave the carpark.  It's worked so far and I suspect if more people did the same then Parking Lie might find their services to be less in demand.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:18:47 am by Ian »

Emo Philips