Author Topic: Digital TV reception in the area  (Read 31443 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Digital TV reception in the area
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 04:16:58 pm »
The Freeview reception at our home in Penrhyn Bay has excellent reception and I have an aerial in the loft!  I receive both English and Welsh BBC, ITV etc, however next door but one had problems with BBC1 *&(  so he had Freesat digital installed which works well. Seems to be pot luck where you live ::)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 06:49:45 pm »
Thanks Yorkie for your recommendation.    I phoned Tony yesterday and both he and Keith called today and everything has been sorted out.   ;D
They are brilliant as you said they would be  and are a couple of nice guys too.
The price they charged was very reasonable  and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 09:12:41 pm »
I'm glad you have had it all resolved Hugo.
Sorry my contact didn't materialise, but I also noted that a similar business from Llanwrst has also disappeared. May be the Digital Switch Over has given some businesses a good retirement fund.
I'll change my contacts to include Orme Television

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 09:54:13 am »
I called in Orme Television to help out a member of my family with an aerial related problem yesterday and they were very good. Recommended!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 03:11:50 pm »
I'm glad that you were pleased too with Orme Television Dave.   To be honest I had forgotten all about them but when Yorkie mentioned their name I remember my parents always using them years ago.
From now on if I ever need any help with the TV etc I'll always use them. It's very handy to know a firm that you can rely on. :)

Yorkie

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 03:44:59 pm »
I have used them myself for 22 years and apart from being very nice people, they know their job, are always polite and helpful and do not charge the Earth for whatever they do. 

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 07:37:07 pm »
It all depends on where you live what the weathers like and what time of day it is. If you are receiving your TV from Granada’s Winter Hill Transmitter, when we have HIGH pressure you will have problems getting a good signal between 5 o’clock and 8 o’clock in the evening. Digital UK said I should tune in to the Conwy Repeater Transmitter which is on top of a hill at the back of Conwy. Trouble with that is the Vardre at Deganwy stops anyone up this end of town from getting a signal. A good quality high gain boosted digital aerial and new coaxial cabling will help to some extent. If it doesn’t B & Q are selling an install yourself Satellite system with freeview box for £75    ££$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:59 am »
If it doesn’t B & Q are selling an install yourself Satellite system with freeview box for £75

That should read 'If it doesn’t B & Q are selling an install yourself Satellite system with freesat box for £75,

If you do go down the Freesat route, BTW, you'll need to get someone to do the final alignment for you. Needs a special meter - which is a tad pricey.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »
I think B & Q were selling the said meters for £14 if my memory serves me correctly. They were on the end of the isle that the satellite kits were on. D)
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 07:50:24 am »
They're not accurate enough.  They'll get the rough position, but you need a high quality meter to finish the job , and they're about £300. Get a chap round to finish off, On the other hand , will only cost about £25 or so and it's worth it.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:44 pm »
Hugo - Try the lads (Keith or Tony) at Orme Television, Madoc Street.
01492 875352

Brilliant
Are these guys still there?
I need a new TV Aerial fiiting?
Thanks

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 08:52:27 pm »
They did have the front shop but stopped selling TV's a few years ago.  They now work from the back of the premises and the phone should get them.   Great guys!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »
I had them round earlier this week, a great job at a great price  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »
The picture on the TV in the conservatory at the back of our house is breaking up quite often and I find it really annoying.  What is strange though is that I have 3 TV's downstairs all connected to the same airial and I have just checked them all now and the TV in the front of the house has the Welsh Channels, the middle one has Granada and the one in the rear of the property (sunlounge) has the Yorkshire programmes!    ???
I'm going to phone Orme Television tomorrow and they'll sort it out for me. 

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 07:40:47 pm »
Hugo
We've been having intermittent problems with digital reception in the last couple of days. It could be a wider area problem rather than just your house.