Author Topic: Digital TV reception in the area  (Read 31443 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Digital TV reception in the area
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 10:50:07 am »
Although it was about 20 years ago now, I can still remember an aerial fitting guy putting a ladder up against the four storey buildings opposite the Principality in Mostyn St. One of the guys, holding a Yagi, climbed the ladder and went up the extremely steeply sloping roof.  After that, I couldn't bear to watch.
Amazing how some people have a head for heights like that; I'm fine up that high in a cherry picker or similar but never on a ladder.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:17 am »
Bring back the old 425 line system when you could get pretty decent reception with a wire coathanger suspended in a corner of the room!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »
Someone in our area appeared out on the roof one day this week. Not for long-- the seagulls had a real go at him.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »
I fitted a dish a few years ago for the chef at Bodlendebb Castle when it was still a hotel and I worked for Sky. Took me about 3 hours because it had to be fitted to the wall right at the back of the garden, then run a full roll of cable and sink it to his living quarters and then tune all his telly in. Thought I was on for at least my dinner with him being a chef. No, he gave me a mug with a picture of the hotel on it as a tip! His mug as well, still had coffee stains on it! Every time me and Paula are in Llandudno now I remind her of my installation at Bodlondeb! Still got the mug as well!
Justice for the 96