Author Topic: The Beatles in Llandudno  (Read 22154 times)

Offline pebbles

Re: The Beatles in Llandudno
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »
oooh if you guys are going to be snotty about it...! I was only saying it is surely obvious to anyone who would recognise john and paul to know what the heck george looked like back then. I find it amazing that people think George is in that photo. And no, i can't name the others in the picture, i just know that of the beatles only john and paul are in that picture. Nope, they don't teach beatles in history class so i guess you can use that excuse for ignorance and being mean in replies ;)

Offline pebbles

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2017, 05:45:29 pm »
Although not sure I understand your comment as George was certainly a member of the Beatles at that time.

Yes he was. But he is not in that photo. So i'm not sure why you don't understand my comment?!

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 05:47:18 pm »
Although not sure I understand your comment as George was certainly a member of the Beatles at that time.

Yes he was. But he is not in that photo. So i'm not sure why you don't understand my comment?!

Because you already said about needing glasses, what has the knowing history part got to do with it?
I assumed you meant something like "George didn't even join the Beatles until 2 years after this was taken"
or "George was ill for that tour and had a replacement" mistaking someone is hardly not knowing history!

Offline pebbles

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 05:50:31 pm »
Not knowing history is people thinking George is in that photo - that is what i meant, and it was quite clearly what i meant, twist it if you like ;)
Knowing history is knowing what George looked like! It's what i meant, not carrying on with trhis argument, got to feed my baby his tea ;)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 05:51:17 pm »
So a blind person can never know history?  L0L

I'm just winding you up now  ;)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 05:59:35 pm »
I don't think anyone is being snotty Pebbles, it was you that implied that people who thought that George was in that photo should get some glasses and a knowledge of history.
That would presume that you know what you are talking about, but obviously I have presumed incorrectly.

I was at the concert in 1963 and know that they had the "Beatle "  hairstyle then but didn't know when the photo was taken.  It could have been earlier for all I know, and George did have a similar hairstyle earlier on as you can see in the other photos.

As a point of interest it would be nice to know who they all are in that photo, perhaps the person who posted the photo knows.    As for knowing what George looked like, people can change their appearance

Offline pebbles

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2017, 06:37:03 pm »
back from his tea now -

That would presume that you know what you are talking about, but obviously I have presumed incorrectly.
   As for knowing what George looked like, people can change their appearance

please don't accuse me of not knowing what i'm talking about. I take that very personally.

So you took from me knowing 100% that george was not in that photo, as me not knowing that george (and all of them) used to not have a beatles hair cut???!!!!! Please don't assume such ignorance. If i have to state my fan card, i've seen Paul McCartney in concert 20 times, i've met him, met yoko, met sean and julian, have all of georges solo records too, and know full well his looks of the 50s and 60s, and i know he is not in that photo! ;) ;D

And you say people can change their appearance? Yes, but they can't change their face!!! (Or couldn't when this picture was taken.. a good plastic surgeon nowadays maybe)  >>> D) ;D

Offline pebbles

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2017, 07:11:49 pm »
can't resist one more post after having my George knowledge doubted by Hugo ;)

The picture you posted of George was outside his house at Upton Green, and here's me in the same spot as that photo in 2007, so you see i DO know George didn't have a beatles haircut (gasp) and had a very sexy looking quiff  :P I'm so dedicated to the cause (what do you mean geeky?!) that i trail round liverpool going to all the sites and houses doing photos like this one (albeit without a green sploge on my face!)

(But as for the other names of the photo in question on the other page, i don't know, just know it's not George. I'll try and find out the others if that helps!)

Offline pebbles

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2017, 07:40:30 pm »
i asked on a beatles forum i'm on, showing them the picture - their reply was this

I'm pretty sure that is John & Paul with the Dakotas,who were Mike Maxfield, Ray Jones, Robin MacDonald and Tony Mansfield. I couldn't tell you who were who though out of the Dakotas.

Any updates i'll let you know!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:55 pm »
Thanks Pebbles      $good$

I was reading about George recently and it was a very interesting read, so sad that he died so young

Offline poppy

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 11:58:01 pm »
My Uncle Mike wasn't in the Dakotas. He's in both group shots though  :-X

Offline pebbles

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 12:02:19 am »
Thanks Pebbles      $good$

I was reading about George recently and it was a very interesting read, so sad that he died so young

No worries Hugo - sorry if i came barging in all guns blazing, i have a very time consuming 11 month old son so i only get short bursts online and maybe sometimes my sleep deprivation and diff sense of humour make for a strange post  ;D

And yes, it was so sad losing George, i sometimes wonder what he'd think of the current state of the world.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2017, 08:02:03 am »
No problem Pebbles and no offence taken by me.    I can understand your passion for the Beatles and you were so lucky to have been able to see them so often.
I'm sure that George wouldn't approve of how things have gone on in the world now and I often think of the words of John Lennon's song "Imagine"  and wish that we could all learn from the sentiments of that song.
You'll get more days of tiredness and sleep deprivation with your son but in the end it'll be worth it when you look back on it and our parents must have gone through it all before.
Good luck for the future and it's good to read your posts when you have time to do them.      $good$

Offline hollins

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 08:35:48 am »
Not sure if this was mentioned on here earlier but Mary Hopkin recently sold her Beatles in Llandudno poster from 1963 for £28,000. Estimate was £4-£8,000 at Roger Jones.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2017, 02:59:44 pm »
The Person in Hillwalkers Photograph second from left is Richard Humphrys he lived in Victoria Drive, Llandudno Junction. Richard was in a local group but I can't remember what they were called, the other three in the photograph were fellow bandmembers and if you look closely will see they are in the same outfits. The group appeared earlier on in the evening before Billy J and The Beatles.