Author Topic: The Beatles in Llandudno  (Read 22203 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: The Beatles in Llandudno
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 03:25:24 pm »
Meleri, I remember Richard Humphries and where he lived in the Junction.

I think he sadly died at an early age following a motor accident.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 02:02:18 pm »
Yes it was very sad Bri, I had heard he had passed away around 1986 so he would only have been 39 no age at all, but I didn't know it was a motor accident.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 03:30:11 pm »
Yes, very sad.

A motor accident and the A55 immediately came to my mind when his name was first mentioned.

Again as a young twelve year old, I can remember seeing a postcard advert in the window of the old newsagents by the Junction Crosville Club during the early sixties advertising a second hand game of Totopoly and when I visited the house on my bike at the top of Victoria Drive, I met Richard's parents.

Offline stefos

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »
Back to the Beatles...

My wife dines out on recalling being at the Llandudno concert as a 13-year-old and screaming along with the rest of the fans but didn't know who was who but screamed out "Paul". An equally youthful girl in front of her turned round aggressively and said "shut up, he's mine..."

I have a brilliant audiobook entitled 'Tune in' by Mark Lewisohn chronicling the Beatles early years. A must for any fan.

Offline hillwalker

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 04:09:39 pm »
Richard did die in a motor accident on the Rhuallt Hill. I forget the name of his band but the word Blue was in in it somewhere. Another local group at the time were called The Panzies!! and practised in the old Ferry Hotel in Tal Y Cafn, I only remember one of this band called Daffydd Williams, he was the singer. They did quite well and appeared on the same bill as Cream at the Twisted Wheel in Manchester. They did a few gigs in London and it was rumoured that one of The Who entourage gave them a song for their use, they changed their name to This Love and then they broke up.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2019, 12:00:43 pm »
SISTERS said hello, goodbye to a house in Llandudno that once played host to the Beatles.

The Beatles came to Doris Hague’s house, on 33 Bryniau Road for tea, 56 years ago.

This August, Lisa Magon and her sister Cathy Mills - who are from America - paid a visit to that house which they are now selling.

Cont.......  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/17894845.hello-goodbye-american-family-sell-llandudno-house-played-host-beatles/

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: The Beatles
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2022, 09:48:11 am »
Throwback photos show The Beatles visiting Bangor 55 years ago
It's been 55 years since The Beatles visited Bangor - a trip that came to a sudden end following tragic news

cont / photos https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nostalgia/gallery/throwback-photos-show-beatles-visiting-24834904

Offline Helig

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2022, 12:00:15 pm »
This takes me back as I remember going to the railway station in Colwyn Bay to see them on the train to Bangor. This was successful as the party could be seen clearly in one carriage. It was a surprise to see them all going  by train, including the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

Yes, Brian Epstein's death was announced on 27 August that year. That hit Beatles' fans hard as he played such an important part in their success. He was also a fellow Scouser, albeit quite a posh one.