Author Topic: Prescot house  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Leedood

Prescot house
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:31:12 pm »
Hi im new here and im trying to track some of my family in and around llandudno i have my great great great taids birth certificate and it states he was born in the year 1864 at a building called Prescot house llandudno we have searched quite alot for this place and cant find it anywhere if anyone has any ideas how we may find this please could you let me know

P.S His name was Robert Owen Roberts and was born 13th july

many thanks in advance

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Prescot house
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:03:58 pm »
Have you been able to trace him on a Census living at that address?    If you have please supply a few addresses either side of the entry in the Census and someone should be able to locate it for you.
There weren't a lot of houses around at that time so it may be easy to locate.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »
Prescot House might have been a hotel on Mostyn Street

search for "prescot house" on this page http://bit.ly/qmM6lz
use control or command + f

Offline Leedood

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »
many many thanks for both of your inputs and advice it may help me greatly as i found 2 prospect house inputs  on that digiatal book

Offline Leedood

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 09:20:31 pm »
i would also be grateful if anyone else may have some more info

thanks in advance
 :)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »
Sometimes house names are changed over the years so if you do find him on the Census and put the addresses down here that are on either side of Prescot House it will make things easier to trace.  There are also street indexes in the Archives for much later years but they can also help with your search.

Offline Leedood

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »
Thanks HUGO ill pop into the archives on monday / tuesday and take another look and see if i can find a census on him it will be 1871 i reckon  but ty again

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 01:10:13 am »
There is a Robert Roberts born 1864 at 31 Madoc Street in 1871, Mother Ellen and Father Robert. (Joiner)In 1881 R.Owen Roberts is living in The Cottage Back of 31 Madoc Street with father Robert and Mother Ellenor, so looks like the same family, in the later entry ther are younger siblings, George, Louisa J and Rowland E, in the earlier entry there are older siblings Rowland, William,Evan, Thomas and John, with  John, George and Robert appearing in both entries. Robert seniors occupation looks unclear but to me appears to read "No Occ" No mention of Prescot House,

Offline Leedood

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 03:52:44 am »
thats awsome suepp thanks alot im actually doing this for my missus and when i tell her this it will bring a smie to her face atlast  :) j/k na thats great im really glad i found forum the help and ppls understanding is brilliant when it comes to ancestry

Much appreciated :)

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »
if she thinks this is the correct family I could find out more from ancestry, Robert snr was born in Amlwch and Ellen in Llangernyw

Offline Leedood

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 02:13:33 pm »
i think these people are not the ones as they had 1 child surprisingly called rowland but that was the only sibling this is becomeing more of a nightmare what i will do is post you the birth certificate details if you wish with dates and place of birth. But it definately puts prescot house for where he was born and the only prescot house found so far was on the link given me by Dwsi but thanks again for the help its just a bit frustrating

Offline Leedood

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 02:29:49 am »
On the birth cert it is 30th july Prescot house robert owen / sex / boy / father robert roberts / mother elanor roberts formerly evans / occupation of father / joiner /  residence / eleanor roberts mother prescot house / when registered 3rd august 1863...... this is all the info i have that is from the birth certifiacate

thx in advance

Offline Leedood

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 02:33:04 am »
Doh me sorry forgot birth year it was 1864 and registered 1864 not 63 im stupid also tired but thx