Author Topic: Llandudno Pubs Gone But Not Forgotten  (Read 27388 times)

Nemesis

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Pubs Gone But Not Forgotten
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »
Yes-- same shape !
The land to the right of the row of white buildings was a municiple gardens.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

ormegolf

• Ad Free Member
    • Great Orme family golf
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »
EErr, has this thread gone a bit astray. "Llandudno Pubs Gone but Not Forgotten"    The last seven or eight posts are about chapels. Not that I'm bothered, I have used both in my time , one group more than another but I'm not telling which

Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Anyone know where the Birmingham Arms was? Z** ZXZ
Micox

Cambrian

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »
Before my time, Mike, but it was on Mostyn Street.  I recall being told it was in the vicinity of where Sumners/Arnold's was, could be wrong though.  It was established in the 1860s but presumably had gone by the Great War.

ormegolf

• Ad Free Member
    • Great Orme family golf
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »
 The Stanley was the roughest pub in town in the 1960s. Partly because you could get into the back door off the narrow entry that runs behind all the shops in Mostyn street. So anyone who didnít want to broadcast where they were drinking went in via the back door
   How did I know? Because a lady I was having a very steamy affair with in the mid 1960s was a close friend of the landlady

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2017, 01:29:56 PM »
Naughty boy Mike     $smack$

I remember going into the public bar in the Stanley when I was a teenager one Christmas time.    When I went in to the public bar from the back street there was no one there but the lounge bar was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying the Christmas festivities.
I ordered a pint of Double Diamond and noted that there was a hospitality tray there with 11 mince pies on it.
Now I'm rather partial to a mince pie so I helped myself to them and by the time I had finished my pint, I had also finished the mince pies too, all 11 of them so it was time to make a quick exit through the back door

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2017, 11:12:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone know where the Birmingham Arms was? Z** ZXZ

You can see it on the right in this Francis Ffrith photo:

bigbadhenry

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »
Naughty boy Mike     $smack$

I remember going into the public bar in the Stanley when I was a teenager one Christmas time.    When I went in to the public bar from the back street there was no one there but the lounge bar was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying the Christmas festivities.
I ordered a pint of Double Diamond and noted that there was a hospitality tray there with 11 mince pies on it.
Now I'm rather partial to a mince pie so I helped myself to them and by the time I had finished my pint, I had also finished the mince pies too, all 11 of them so it was time to make a quick exit through the back door