Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 94298 times)

Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Roads in the area
« Reply #749 on: December 15, 2017, 09:42:57 AM »
I traveled last evening and the road was open, so the matter must have been resolved.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #750 on: December 20, 2017, 10:35:48 PM »
Abergele Road in Old Colwyn closed after serious crash

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #751 on: December 21, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »
Two people killed in the road crash last night

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #752 on: January 15, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »
More delays.......

Plans to remove roundabouts on the A55 could be hit by a delay after it emerged collapsed firm Carillion was carrying out the design contract on the multi-million pound project.

The Welsh Government awarded the design element of the scheme at Penmaenmawr and Llanfairfechan to Carillion last year.
But today the company - which employs 20,000 workers across Britain - went into compulsory liquidation.

SteveH

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »
Must  watch.......

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #754 on: January 17, 2018, 12:57:30 PM »
Excellent example of the governemnt's stupidity in cutting road traffic police. Not one police vehicle in the entire escapade.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Dave

« Reply #755 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »
I'm not sure that the number of traffic police would have made a difference Ian. If he only drove a mile he was off the road in a few minutes...provided he didn't hit anything.
Many years ago I spotted a car driving towards Llanddulas having come up the slip road on the wrong side at Pensarn. I drove alongside on the opposite carriageway  blaring my horn but to no avail. I pulled over and dialled 999 for the police and reported him.
I later discovered a friend of my wife's husband had had to swerve to avoid him and badly damaged his van but at least wasn't injured. He told us that the police never did catch the offender.