Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 358306 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #405 on: July 24, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »
Two speed camera vans within a few miles of each other on the A5 this afternoon.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #406 on: July 24, 2016, 07:46:25 pm »
And one tonight at the Llanrwst end of the Maenan straight on the A470.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #407 on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »
This is what happened when a car got in the way of some double yellow lines being painted.

A driver was left scratching his head after finding out his car got in the way of some double yellow lines being painted.

The motorist was staying the night at Llandudno ’s Mostyn House Guest House and decided to park his Ford Focus on Church Walks.

But when the driver went back to his car this morning, he was gobsmacked to find double yellow lines painted right up to the front and rear tyres - with a gap where his car stood.

Bill Johnson, proprietor of Mostyn House Guest House was alerted to the bizarre scene by the guest.
More     http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/what-happened-car-way-double-11701213

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2016, 08:13:10 pm »
Check out the thread in What's Llandudno Like Right Now? Steve as we've got this one well covered.  $good$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2016, 11:48:19 am »
Looks like the car above got off lightly..........

Offline Hugo

« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »
If we think that CCBC is bad when it comes to painting lines on the road, spare a thought for the residents of this street in Plymouth.      ???

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #411 on: August 09, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »
I blame the second driver to park who has not used due care and attention.......there are plenty of roads were you cannot park opposite another car. Hope an emergency vehicle is not required. Would you park in a sink hole just because it has a hatched parking area painted around it?

Still blame the council for a bit of a error!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2016, 10:22:35 pm »

Still blame the council for a bit of a error!

That's a bit of an understatement!       The only one at fault is the Council as both cars are parked legally so the drivers have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.
Stupid they may be for parking like that but the law allows them to do it.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #413 on: August 10, 2016, 05:09:49 pm »
The only one at fault is the Council as both cars are parked legally so the drivers have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.

But how do you know which car parked first and which was the second? Maybe we should go back to the old Mostyn Street parking system of parking on one side on odd dates and the other side on even dates...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #414 on: August 10, 2016, 05:44:54 pm »
The only one at fault is the Council as both cars are parked legally so the drivers have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.

But how do you know which car parked first and which was the second? Maybe we should go back to the old Mostyn Street parking system of parking on one side on odd dates and the other side on even dates...

It's irrelevant as to who parked there first, if the street is unsuitable for parking to be on both sides then only one side should be a designated parking area.

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #415 on: August 10, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »
I enclose part of the Highway Code for the purposes of those who want to park somewhere second and have highlighted the relevant items!!  (I know I passed my test first time 36 years ago, but the the rules are still the same)

You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road.
Laws RTA 1988, sect 22 & CUR reg 103

DO NOT stop or park

near a school entrance
    anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
    at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
    on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
    opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
    near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
    opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
    where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
    where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
    in front of an entrance to a property
    on a bend
    where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #416 on: August 11, 2016, 09:07:56 am »
I passed my test first time over 52 years ago and in my humble opinion good drivers and good good car parkers should not only be aware of the rules and regulations of the Highway code, they should also use common sense and show due consideration to other road users.

From the second photo there were enough clues to make it immediately obvious to me and it should also have been obvious to others that the photo had been staged.

In other words the camera man had the second car and the cyclist positioned for a more dramatic effect to highlight the stupidity of Plymouth Council.     Common sense and consideration for others should ensure that such a thing wouldn't happen in practice and hopefully Plymouth Council will rectify asap  the problem they have created

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #417 on: August 11, 2016, 10:13:50 am »
The problem with common sense is that it is not always very common!

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #418 on: August 11, 2016, 11:09:56 am »
The problem with common sense is that it is not always very common!

How true...

If only drivers had a little more common sense, courtesy and manners the world would be a much nicer place for us all.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #419 on: August 11, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »
Went to Aldi early yesterday and decided to park slightly away from the store having just got a new car ( for obvious reasons given the damage that a trolley can do !) Came out to an empty car park apart from myself and a silly old duffer trying to park about 2" away from me. Could you move away a little I asked, I need to open my door to get in." No why should I"he replied." Cos I'm asking you politely to let me get into my car "I said. He just sat and grinned at me, so I just said............SHIFT............ so he did.  >?>??
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.