Author Topic: Football  (Read 230180 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Football
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 09:54:23 pm »
And now Sam Allardice, the Blackburn Rovers' has been given the "push". No 'jobs for life' these days is there?

Newcastle 'fired' Chris Hughton so that they could get a more 'experienced' manager in, so they got Alan Pardew. Who? I hear you say! Quite!

So bearing that in mind Wales appoint Gary Speed as their new manager - he's been the manager of Sheffield Utd for 4 months and Sheffield Utd are at the bottom end of the Championship table. So how long will he last I wonder. $wales

Offline Paddy

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 12:55:53 am »
On the plus side, he's lost fewer matches than Alex Ferguson!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 10:31:57 am »
Yes nice one! and at this stage I have no option but to agree with what you say.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:58 pm »
With a little help from the ref again!  No wonder Neville and Ferguson were smiling when Gary Neville was substituted. :rage:

It happened again yesterday!  Neville chopped the West Brom player in the penalty box so it should have been an automatic penalty and a red card for Neville but nothing was given,   :rage:
I suppose even if West Brom had had a penalty they would have missed the goal anyway    :o

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 11:21:17 am »
Liverpool give manager Roy Hodgson the 'push' - officially he has left by mutual consent!!

Kenny Dalglish, former Liverpool player and manager, takes charge until the end of the season. Many Liverpool fans regard Dalglish as a 'legend', a word I think is drastically over used these days. He may have been a good player for them but I think they have short memories when it comes to his spell as manager - he was fairly successful but did not that end by 'mutual consent' as well or him walking away??

I recall now that he left to take a break from football but within 8 months he surprised a lot of people by becoming the manager of Blackburn.

Meanwhile Man City announce they have signed Dzeko from the German league for £27m  -  YES TWENTY SEVEN MILLION POUNDS!!

HOW RIDICULOUS CAN THINGS GET??  
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:53:22 am by Bellringer »

Yorkie

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »
No more ridiculous that Football has already proved itself to be!   Z**

Who is paying?  The Fans with extortionate ticket prices and pay to view on TV!    ZXZ

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:19 am »
Now that's what I call cheating.
GOLZAP - Autoagresión

Offline Trojan

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »
Looks like a racially motivated attack to me.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:00:59 pm by Trojan »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »
Surely the guy in red has to be banned for life???

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 01:11:10 pm »
This will guarantee me a few enemies! For my sins I am a Manchester United and David Beckham fan. I was lucky enough to see Beckham play his last UK match. He was playing for AC Milan against Man Utd at Old Trafford and this was the last match he played before the bad injury in Milan.
He was given a fantastic ovation. The crowd had rather more women in it than normal. The lady sitting behind me said, "God, don't you just love him!" I agree!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 06:59:02 pm »
This will guarantee me a few enemies! For my sins I am a Manchester United and David Beckham fan. I was lucky enough to see Beckham play his last UK match. He was playing for AC Milan against Man Utd at Old Trafford and this was the last match he played before the bad injury in Milan.
He was given a fantastic ovation. The crowd had rather more women in it than normal. The lady sitting behind me said, "God, don't you just love him!" I agree!

Is that the Stretford End behind the goal?

Offline hollins

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »
Yes, I was sat at the opposite end.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 08:15:38 pm »
Yes, I was sat at the opposite end.

Ah, looks like you were sat in what used to be the Scoreboard Paddock terrace, which was opposite that corner flag.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 03:07:01 am »

Offline hollins

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 04:43:07 pm »
Is there anyone out there hoping Man Utd can beat Barcelona tonight or am I the only Man Utd supporter in North Wales?