Author Topic: Football  (Read 244065 times)

Offline stefos

Re: Football
« Reply #390 on: December 03, 2015, 07:54:06 pm »
Local girl dun good   $good$

Llandudno born Cheryl Foster is included on the Women’s International list of referees for the first time.
Foster won 63 caps for the Wales International team and scored nine goals during her time as a player. Foster joins Charlotte Carpenter as the second FIFA Women’s referee from Wales.

Full story here  - http://www.faw.org.uk/news/WELSH-REFEREES-MAKE-FIFA-INTERNATIONAL-LIST/102070/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #391 on: December 20, 2015, 07:19:26 pm »
Bend it like Beckham! x

It's a good job Hollins isn't in the UK as she'd drive us nuts about this TV programme.    ;D                 

Offline hollins

« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2015, 07:26:39 pm »
What a relief. I'll be back by then!   ;D

Offline Hugo

« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2015, 07:39:26 pm »
Oh No!         I'm off to the pub for the night.   Z**

Offline Hugo

« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2015, 06:42:53 pm »
David Beckham is on BBC 1 tonight at 9 o'clock and at the same time on E4 is "Tattoo Fixers"  he seems to be every where so it's an early night for me tonight        Z**   Z**
I bet Hollins is gearing herself up ready for for the programme      ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #395 on: December 29, 2015, 06:55:59 pm »
I'm ready!   ;D

Offline hollins

« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:21 pm »
Bless him!

Hugo, I hope you were kidding me about not watching it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2015, 10:42:29 pm »
I'm too busy to see it Hollins as I'm still drinking Brandy and coke instead.      From what I've read about the programme, he wants to play football on the seven continents but has anyone told him the names of the continents and where they are?
He's also been quoted as saying that he wants his children to be Christened but he's not sure into what religion yet?
All this hype, is he hankering for a knighthood?         Just imagine Sir David and Lady Victoria!       :o

Offline Hugo

« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2016, 09:10:28 am »
Man Utd   0     Southampton  1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35393129

Utd are still 5th in the Premiership and only 10 points behind the leaders  even if they are not playing well at the moment.  The fans should be a bit more patient with the team.  A late good run in could change the positions quite a bit
Interviewer to Denis Law.   Would your Man Utd team beat the current team?
Denis Law       Yes, 1-0 I think.
Interviewer.     What makes you say 1-0
Denis Law        Well are all in our 70s now

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #399 on: February 06, 2016, 07:04:14 am »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #400 on: February 06, 2016, 10:12:50 am »
The years go by, but it's still very sad when you remember the loss of all those people.   I only ever saw the team on TV prior to the crash and saw the post Munich team a year or two later

Offline Hugo

« Reply #401 on: February 06, 2016, 06:24:41 pm »
Man City 1       Leicester   3

That's a really great away win for Leicester and it's nice to see the underdog performing so well.   In recent years the introduction of big money into football with the likes of Chelsea and Man City dominating the scene has given them a bit of an unfair advantage over other clubs.
Man Utd's achievements over the last two decades is that much more special as it was done without the massive cash injection that Chelsea and Man City have had

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #402 on: February 06, 2016, 08:55:48 pm »
Leicester are a breath of fresh air as you say  Hugo I hope that they can keep it going untill the end of the season and can win the leauge but even if they do,nt they have shown that the underdog who have cost a fraction of the big dogs can still give the fans the thrill of their football lives.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #403 on: February 06, 2016, 10:35:34 pm »
     I wholeheartedly agree with your views, Snowcap and Hugo. I saw an interview with Ranieri today and the reporter said that at the beginning of the season a lot of the media thought that Leicester would be relegated and also that he (Ranieri) would be the first Premier League manager to lose his job, and he replied at the time that he hoped that they would proved wrong on both counts!  Apparently the manager who used to be known as "The Tinkerman" has used the fewest players, (21 I think), in the league this season, but that is probably because they have one of the smallest squads, so I hope that they manage to remain relatively injury-free in their 14 remaining games and go on to win it, as that is their only possible chance of a trophy this season. As a frustrated Everton supporter, (although their last 2 results have been a massive improvement!), it is great to see a team playing attacking football with a smile on their faces and getting their just rewards.

Offline hollins

« Reply #404 on: February 07, 2016, 09:58:52 am »
Totally agree too. It is so refreshing. I hope they do it so we can see Gary Lineker keep his promise on Match of the Day.