Author Topic: Football  (Read 230413 times)

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
Re: Football
« Reply #450 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »
The best game i have ever seen by Wales in the last 60 years or more, I was at Wrexham when Mark Hughes scored that great goal against Italy, but this game had me off my seat,   Bring it on Portugal in the semies  am i dreaming if so don,t wake me up.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2016, 08:10:06 am »
You didn't dream it snowcap!
It is the morning now and it was a brilliant performance. Really exhilarating to watch.
Can't wait for Wednesday.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #452 on: July 04, 2016, 03:34:37 pm »
Fan zone at Parc Eirias Colwyn Bay for Wales' semi-final clash against Portugal         $walesflag$

A fan zone will be set up in Colwyn Bay for Wales' historic semi final clash with Portugal.
A big screen will be erected at Eirias’ Eisteddfod Field for fans to watch the game together.
It will be free to enter and fans can expect a family friendly environment with children's entertainment.
The event opens at 6pm ready for the 8pm kick off.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/fan-zone-parc-eirias-colwyn-11564086

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #453 on: July 07, 2016, 11:10:23 am »
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/watch-colwyn-bay-fanzone-police-11579271

he incident marred the otherwise "fantastic" atmosphere at the Eisteddfod field at Parc Eirias where 6,500 people had gathered to watch the semi-final

SHARES

COMMENT

Enter your e-mail for our daily newsletter

CLICK TO PLAY

Play
0:00
/
0:43
Fullscreen
Mute

Two people were arrested as up to 6,500 people gathered to watch Wales' Euro semi-final in Colwyn Bay.

Video captured the moment police and security moved into the crowd at the Parc Eirias fanzone as Wales took on Portugal in Lyon.

Police can be seen leading one person away as families with small children look on.

Two people were arrested for 'persistently letting off flares'.

READ MORE
Watch Wales fans in Caernarfon spontaneously burst into song after the final whistle
Conwy Council Marketing Officer Millie Gilbert said security officers checked bags and fans for flares and alcohol as they entered the fanzone and a number of items were confiscated for safety reasons.

She added: "There were a couple with flares and security officers moved in.

It was dealt with very quickly: "The atmosphere was fantastic with lots of families in the family zone.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #454 on: July 07, 2016, 11:40:58 pm »
All good things come to an end just like to say "Well done wales" put the pride back in welsh football. I have had more of my friends at the golf club who have suddenly found they have relations living in wales, or have decendants in wales than i new possible. Once again well done

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #455 on: July 10, 2016, 11:47:16 pm »
Congratulations Portugal.Nice to see we were beaten by the best team in the comp, feel a lot better now.

Offline hollins

« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #457 on: September 11, 2016, 06:19:58 pm »
Man Utd  1    Man City  2

A good win by City but Utd should do well this season with the players they have.    Rooney may have gone off the boil a bit but he's still a very good player.
I'm surprised that Peter Shilton has taken it upon himself to criticise Rooney and saying that he should be dropped from the England team.
Perhaps Shilton wants to keep the record  tally of 125 caps  or more than likely he's put a bit of money in the bookies betting against Rooney beating his record.
Rooney will know himself when the time is right to retire from International football, he's a genuine player and his pride wouldn't let him settle for cameo appearances to come on as a sub for a minute or two just to get another cap

Offline hollins

« Reply #458 on: September 11, 2016, 06:55:53 pm »
At least it was a good game to watch and played with some passion unlike most of last years' uninspiring United efforts.
City, the only ones to have won all their matches so far so my sister will be happy!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #459 on: October 01, 2016, 12:20:41 pm »
It was so refreshing last year when Leicester defied the odds and won the Premiership League.   A nice change from all those wealthy clubs throwing millions of pounds away on players, agents fees and the unofficial bungs.
The latest revelation with Sam Allardyce has brought it all to a head and it's time the Police and FA and also HMRC got involved to clean this act up.
Man Utd were the biggest payer of agents fees little more than a year ago when they paid out over £10M  but no one was transferred in.  The money was paid to De Gea and his agent, but De Gea was a Man Utd player and not out of contract, although those new contract talks were under discussion then

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #460 on: October 01, 2016, 06:50:11 pm »
I wonder why the clubs pay the player's agents - shouldn't it be the player!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #461 on: November 06, 2016, 10:52:40 pm »
Chelsea 5    V    Everton 0

I watched a recording of the game this morning and it was one of the best games I've seen for a while.   Chelsea absolutely slaughtered Everton   ( sorry Norman but I had to mention it)   but they would have beaten most teams on the form they displayed on Saturday.
What a transformation  with Eden Hazzard  this year compared to last year, Chelsea's new manager has certainly brought the best out of him this season

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #462 on: November 07, 2016, 10:01:34 am »
Thanks Hugo as if I,m not suffering enough 😢😢Chelsea were very good but we were shocking ,so long as l,pool don't win the premier ,hope your well .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #463 on: November 07, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »
They were very bad indeed Norman,   I was looking in the Daily Mirror today and the highest mark out of 10 that they gave to an Everton player was 3.
Next time you go to Goodison Park to watch them take your boots along as you could get a game for them.

Come on the Reds      ZXZt

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #464 on: December 02, 2016, 12:21:46 am »
I have had the pleasure of going to Man United training ground tonight to watch my grandson (curley caps son)  playing for the Welsh under 14 against Man United under 14 it was a draw 4 goals each. It is a memory that will last for ever. He will not be thirteen untill the end of the year, this was his first game for Wales and he did us proud. Just hope it lasts