Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Genealogy & Research / Re: Daviies Family
« Last post by DownUnder on Today at 11:24:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Hugh,  hope that you are having better weather than we are here.    Snow, rain and wind a lot of the time here, so roll on Summer.

Conwy Archives have an online catalogue and I was looking through it and came across an article relating to Marl Bach where your ancestors once lived.    The strange thing about it is that another forum member who has made postings under the title "Pensarn Farm"  has an ancestor of the Davies family and she married into the Rogerson family but there was a rift between the Rogerson's and the Davies' for some unknown reason.    I wonder if this article may have had something to do with it?

Cyfernod / Ref No CPS1/2/3/48/35
Teitl / Title Defendant: Mary Ann Rogerson
Ddisgrifiad / Description Mary Ann Rogerson of M[arle]bach, near Conway.
Charged with Breaking and Entering the dwelling house of John Davies and stealing one pound in weight of mutton belonging to him.
Witness statements from John Davies of M[arle]bach, a working Gardener; Evan Roberts, a Police Constable at Tywyn; John Davies of Deganwy, a Labourer (Son of John Davies of M[arle]bach) and Mary Ann Rogerson.
Verdict: Dismissed.
Dyddiad / Date 26/5/1902
Graddau / Extent 12

Hugo,

I have yet to make a connection between the "John Davies" in the article and my family line. Having said that, I am even more driven to continue the search into the extended family. Our weather here has been variable - hot humid days with severe thunderstorms (and associated electrical blackouts), or cloudy cool days (very few of). Seems much easier to build up clothing layers to tackle the cold (no limits) than take layers off (legal constraints) to battle the heat.

Genealogy & Research / Re: Thomas Richard EVANS
« Last post by DownUnder on Today at 11:02:18 AM »
Hi Downunder!
Son-in-law was trying to buy a house at The Gap but their internet access is frightening! Different streets have different access - even sides of streets! He found one eventually but it's pretty grim when you consider he has to have i'net access for his work, so in buying a house, no other considerations were at the top of their list!! Poor souls had to put up with just an inground pool and landscaped grounds that include a resident 7' long python called Jeffrey! Doing it tough up there!! (Ho hum!)
We've been complaining about our lousy summer (well, we would do if only it would get started!) but your weather has been pretty hearty, even for Brisvegas! Still, snow twice in January did leave us wondering which side of the planet we live on!!
Yep, we thought about Barnaby but the blighter's gone off on a touch of furlough, so back to our Labor pollie - but with a Lib Govt, how much good do you think he'll be?!
Sorry, Llandudno-ites, just talk among yourselves while we Aussies sling off about our trials and tribulations!!  :D

The in-ground pool and landscaping may sound terrific even if they are topped off with a seven foot python, but I do believe that Tasmania has a greater appeal than questionable internet speed, scortching summers, damaging storms, and a seven foot long politician basking in the back yard. Our experience in visiting Tasmania is that most of the business owners and market stalls are run by non-Taswegians who have fallen in love with the place and decided to move there permanently. I would also venture that of all of the sites and attractions available in Australia, Tasmania, for UK visitors, would provide the greatest bang for their buck. We have visited Tasmania twice in the Winter time but, unlike Queensland, you can simply put on more layers of clothing, whereas in Queensland, if you do the opposite, you can end up being arrested for indecent exposure.

As for politicians, I am a firm believer that you can always tell when they are lying - they have their mouth open. Sadly, political parties have become, not a platform for the betterment of society in general, but more a mechanism focussed on perpetuating their longevity, and benefits, at all costs.

Okay, I will gracefully step down from the soap box.
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:25:15 AM »
This Liverpool 'ghost ship' could launch daily sailings to Llandudno by next spring.

The hope is that the newly incorporated Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company(LNWSC) will start running services from the city to Llandudno Pier and along the Menai Strait by May 2018.

“We are looking to start in May 2018 with the possibility of mooring the ship on Llandudno pier for evening dinner cruises, functions and birthday parties.”

A team transforming an abandoned “ghost ship” into a working cruiser to sail between Liverpool and North Wales are also on the verge of buying a second boat for the route.

The Daily Post revealed last year the newly incorporated Liverpool & North Wales Steamship Company had bought the ‘ghost’ vessel – renamed Endeavour – and had embarked on a massive restoration project

Work is well underway on the vessel with plans for sea trials to start next year and a launch of services between Liverpool, Llandudno and Anglesey in 2020
The 3 Towns Arcade / Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Last post by ormegolf on Today at 08:14:49 AM »
Not much talk in coffee centre lately. So here goes. This true story. In early 1960s I owned a 750 cc Austin engined home built racing car. I and others raced it around Oulton Park. It’s number plate was UCA (you see a) 750 . This plate was issued by Denbighshire council on inception.i sold car and plate for £20 in 1966. Pause whilst I break into tears at lost fortune
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Local Wildlife
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 04:39:29 PM »
This is how it looked a couple of months ago ans since then it has been freezing so I hope it survives this Winter
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 04:14:40 PM »
I had one of those ferns Hugo, a few years ago it looked like it had died, I did not get around to digging it out, thought I would leave it till spring, just as well, it recovered and is still going strong.
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 04:05:05 PM »
With the temperature dropping below freezing at night I wanted to protect the crown of my Australian Tree Fern from damage caused by the frost so I improvised and put a load of my dog's clippings on the crown of the plant.
This morning I noticed some clippings on the lawn but thought no more of it until a short while ago, when I saw a Jackdaw take a huge beak full and fly off to built its nest.
At least the birds know that Spring is on its way, even if it doesn't feel like it is at the moment
Local News & Discussion / Re: Mostyn Champneys and Parc Llandudno
« Last post by OrmeMac on Yesterday at 01:32:37 PM »
Perhaps all of these proposals and associated costs are being done now with the hope of getting M&S if/when they move to foot the bill as part of the granting of permission?
Fix My Street / Dog Muck, 19th February
« Last post by Nigel The News Bot on Yesterday at 01:34:43 AM »
Dog Muck, 19th February

Right on public footpath to awel y mynydd primary school. needs clearing as all the children walk up this path.

Nearest road to the pin placed on the map (automatically generated by Bing Maps): Pen Dyffryn, Llandudno Junction
Report on FixMyStreet

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: Points to Ponder
« Last post by Fester on February 22, 2018, 09:04:27 PM »
It appears that the Police have got their finger out!   :laugh:

KFC Llandudno was fully operational again from 20.00 on Thursday, according to their website.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10