Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Genealogy & Research / Re: Thomas Richard EVANS
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 11:18:16 AM »
Just a correction Jack after checking again, it was 8 boys and 4 girls.     :-[
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: International politics
« Last post by Bosun on Yesterday at 11:14:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is disturbing in the extreme. The appointment of Brett Talley and Thomas Farr beggars belief but is part of Trump's social engineering plan to mould USA society in his image, of ultra right wing bigotry.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Roads in the area
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 08:22:27 AM »
Travel disruption caused by flooding in North Wales

Local News & Discussion / Re: Recycling across the area
« Last post by Hugo on November 22, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »
I was disappointed to read in the NWWN that the fly tippers have been in action on the top of the Great Orme.   It's not surprising, but CCBC have got to do something about it before it gets out of hand and they should install CCTV cameras or covert cameras on the Orme.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Last post by Blongb on November 22, 2017, 08:15:17 PM »
The application is on the agenda for the December 13 Planning Comittee meeting, local council told me but she did say it could get postponed if the planning department hasn't got its report ready in time. I'll post when she confirms to me. It  is a public meeting and she said the more people who go the better.

Thank-you CMG, that's one that will definitely go in the Diary  $thanx$
Local News & Discussion / Re: Llandudno Rotary - any members?
« Last post by Bri Roberts on November 22, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
mondie, I believe the Maelgwn Male Voice Choir are also looking for new members.

« Last post by mondie on November 22, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »
yeah, that or have snuck a few in the bin each month  :P

Its weather like today that reminds me how silly our recycling system is. Our house is very open and we end up with a yard full or recycling getting blown around. On my lunchtime walk today and there are individual recycling bins blown all over the place with their trolleys laying on their side stripped of all containers. Why does CCBC recycle this way, is it due to a lack of sorting station as it makes no sense?
« Last post by mondie on November 22, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »
As an alternative, you may wish to consider joining the Lions Club of Llandudno, who are also a well-respected organisation and carry out excellent work within our community.

At first glance, it looks as if they tend to only meet monthly.

Thanks Bri, I will have a look at them too. Apex was quite an active volunteer organisation in Australia but I am not sure if that is an oz thing only.

Cheers
« Last post by Ian on November 22, 2017, 06:27:45 PM »
Thanks, Ian, they are pretty insistent on weekly attendance? I travel with my job and would miss at least one meeting a month. I intend going to a meeting in the new year so we will see what they have to say, I cant be unique in this respect. I certainly agree with their reasoning for weekly meetings.

If it was only one meeting a month you were missing, I suspect they would be happy to extend that latitude.
« Last post by mull on November 22, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »
Think I would have buried the roof tiles in the garden.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10