Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: Local Eyesores
« Last post by spotty dog on Today at 04:40:53 PM »
Yes Melery I don't know how much credence there is to it
Local News & Discussion / Re: Llandulas shipping
« Last post by squigglev2 on Today at 04:40:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ais automatic identification system  is in the main vhf based system it's range is line of site ,there is a satellite based system but you pay for this. Depending on Hight of transmitting aerial  and base station you can expect 40_50 mile range as regards squiggles result perhaps someone had brought the set home to test ,I can see no other reason for this.
The ship is still showing there but the last signal was 19hr 44min ago so I guess some one off signal?
« Last post by Meleri on Today at 04:15:10 PM »
There is a chap on 'You Know You are from Llandudno' site states the Tudno Castle demolition starts 8th July, is that the one spotty dog? What a ridiculous time to start when we have so many visitors around  ::)
« Last post by Quiggs on Today at 01:31:53 PM »
I have an app called ‘Ship finder’ and also one ‘Plane finder’ they both give details on names , destinations and cargoes etc. From App Store
« Last post by spotty dog on Today at 01:31:16 PM »
Ais automatic identification system  is in the main vhf based system it's range is line of site ,there is a satellite based system but you pay for this. Depending on Hight of transmitting aerial  and base station you can expect 40_50 mile range as regards squiggles result perhaps someone had brought the set home to test ,I can see no other reason for this.
What's On / Re: Armed Forces Day
« Last post by born2run on Today at 12:15:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do we know who's performing in the concert, Steve? If it's the band of the Royal Marines, that'll be extremely good.

I would like to know this as well - couldn't be more vague if they tried 'music concert'
Travel / Re: Room with a view
« Last post by DaveR on Today at 11:54:04 AM »
Just had a little break at the Grosvenor Pulford outside Chester. Great hotel and the Spa there is fantastic - highly recommended.
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 09:32:52 AM »
Sorry Nemesis but I don't do facebook so there is no way I can find out.     Is it the same  Fairy Tale writer who once upon a time said that work would start before Christmas?
« Last post by Ian on Today at 09:21:59 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

« Last post by squigglev2 on Today at 08:48:12 AM »
Haven't checked today but MarineTraffic had a vessel fishing on heathland not that far from me last night!

I guess there's no sort of "logic checking" on the AIS position system?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10