Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Graffiti on ancient standing stone, 23rd September

Graffiti scratched into surface of standing stone

Report on FixMyStreet

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Times Past / Re: Old Photos of Conwy
« Last post by Mike on Yesterday at 10:16:42 PM »
An interesting photo from the peoples collection showing cottages on the old quay inear where the Conwy Mussels place is today

No mud in those days...
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 10:14:59 PM »
Sorry DVT but I've no idea when the photo was taken but you are correct about the 2nd car so it must have been taken in the early 1970's I would imagine.
The "new" road bridge was opened in 1958 but my comments and memories go back further than that but it was my father that was driving the car at the time as I was still in primary school then    ;D
« Last post by DVT on Yesterday at 08:31:47 PM »
Any idea when that photo was taken as the second car (Triumph Dolomite/Toledo) in the queue appears to be J-reg so would be 1971 ... wasn't the bridge open well before then?
Local News & Discussion / Re: West Shore Issues
« Last post by Meleri on Yesterday at 04:57:57 PM »
An application has gone in for an extension & improvements to the Westshore Beach Cafe. If anyone is interested in having a look at the plans & photomontage it's application 0/45564 on the Planning Portal. As I'm a frequent user of this cafe I welcome the improvement & they look pretty good to me, as at times it can be quite a squash in this very small but popular cafe  :)
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)
« Last post by Bri Roberts on Yesterday at 03:17:19 PM »
Yes, but there used to be two lines in use when it was a tubular bridge, Hugo.
Walks in North Wales / Re: Walking
« Last post by Bri Roberts on Yesterday at 03:09:30 PM »
You are on a roll, Hugo.  :)
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:48:26 PM »
Tellytubby sent me this old photo of the queue of traffic that often went from Llandudno Junction to Penmaenmawr and beyond.     I can remember the traffic lights on Conwy Suspension bridge because that was only a single carriageway and then the level crossing  by the old Maelgwyn Pub at Llandudno Junction
Walks in North Wales / Re: Walking
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:28:37 PM »
Is that Llanfair PG station Bri?
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:27:08 PM »
I didn't notice that Bri but I just hope that the rail companies don't get their timetables wrong and the trains meet in the tubular bridge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10