Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 01:04:58 PM »
Thanks philfishlaw for explaining the situation for us.  I've looked at the minutes of the meetings for the Snowdonia National Park Planning committee and can see that three people have been elected to represent the Conwy County Borough Council and note from those minutes that Chris Hughes was not present at the meeting on the 7th March 2018 and he sent his apologies.

In his absence CCBC was represented by two people namely yourself and Ifor Glyn Lloyd so if it could be done then, couldn't it be done for an extremely important local issue like the Pier Pavilion and apologies could then be made to the Snowdonia National Park on your behalf because although the Snowdonia meeting started at 10.00 am they are notorious for going over time and there is also the distance involved between Maentwrog and Bodlondeb
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 11:03:30 AM »
Marks and Spencer has announced that it will close 100 stores by 2022, accelerating a reorganisation that it says is "vital" for the firm's future.

Of the 100 stores, 21 have already been shut and M&S has now revealed the location of 14 further sites to close.
It is part of a revamp that was started in November 2016.

Under its plan M&S wants to move a third of its sales online, and plans to have fewer, larger clothing and homeware stores in better locations.  ref BBC news
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Llandudno Junction
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:54:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Developer says £40m Llandudno Junction supermarket project on track for 2017 start.
The 300 job scheme includes a superstore and restaurants and could be open by 2019
Developers say a £40m superstore and restaurants project is on track to start in 2017 with strong demand from national supermarket chains.

Conwy council gave outline planning permission to the scheme on the Old Brickworks site in Llandudno Junction last year despite considerable opposition.

A developer has dropped a £40m supermarket and restaurants development that was tipped to create 300 jobs.

Conygar Investment Company had secured planning permission for the project on the Old Brickworks site in Llandudno Junction in 2016 despite considerable opposition.

“The outlook for retailers is difficult and we believe that we will be unable to deliver the retail park as planned.
“However, we hope to devise alternative schemes for the site.”

Robert Ware, Chief Executive of The Conygar Investment Company, said: “Things have changed, we had retailers like M&S and Next who were interested in coming here but you can read in the press what is happening in this sector. The commercial world can change very quickly and we have to adapt to that.

“It means going back and looking again at this site.
“The council want it cleaned up and used for creating jobs.
“We need to assess other options, which could be a different type of retail development or possibly logistics as this is an ideal location."  ref DP
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: Which? and the Consumers' Association
« Last post by Ian on Today at 07:10:31 AM »
The behaviour of what used to be a reputable charity over this has been appalling.  You can learn more at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  and a facebook group called QROWN.
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Gardening
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 10:27:50 PM »
Thanks Hollins, those Rhododendrons look really good, it's a shame that the flowers don't last for longer but they are great to see when  they are out.
I was grateful for your advice some time ago when you said that I didn't have to dead head the flowers as my cerise coloured Rhododendron is about 10 foot tall now and eventually grows to 23 feet   
« Last post by philfishlaw on Yesterday at 10:07:07 PM »
Hi All, Thanks for the welcome, I am sure it will be " interesting " at times but you know what they say about interesting times. Steveh, Hugo and TELL asked what the other meeting was. In my case I was at the Snowdonia nation park planing meeting (I was appointed to represent CCBC)   which over ran and then trafic issues returning from Tan y bwlch. It was my intention to try to attend both meetings but circumstanc interviend
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: Which? and the Consumers' Association
« Last post by Blongb on Yesterday at 09:07:07 PM »
I had the same problem when EE closed down all the old Freeseve e-mail accounts, which I was promised would be for life. I was given short notice of the closure and on the appointed day it closed down.  :'(
Local News & Discussion / Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Last post by Blongb on Yesterday at 08:52:16 PM »
This week's menu at the skip already tried and tested! Delicious and great value.

As you like fine dining Hollins, may I recommend: the Cae Mor Seafront Hotel Llandudno at 6 Penrhyn Crescent Llandudno LL30 1BA

An airy hotel offering fine dining with parking.

01492 878101
caemorhotel.co.uk
« Last post by Blongb on Yesterday at 08:43:35 PM »
We had a wander last week and noticed there are signs along the grass verge border between the pier gates and the Grand Hotel stating that land belongs to the pier.

The Pier's boundary is defined by the Blue Victorian Railings Bri, up to the gate that gives access into the Pier Pavilion Site. The Grass strip and Pavement is owned by Mostyn Estates but leased to CCBC as part of the Promenade and there should be absolutely no Parking there as it's now covered by new By-Laws which should be policed by the Beach Wardens but they have been given no authority to issue tickets by the Conwy Harbour Master, who is in overall control.  :-\
« Last post by Bri Roberts on Yesterday at 06:02:38 PM »
We had a wander last week and noticed there are signs along the grass verge border between the pier gates and the Grand Hotel stating that land belongs to the pier.

All the kiosks on the pier bordering the development site are occupied for the season and the second entrance by the angling shop has restricted pedestrian access because of ongoing pier repairs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10