Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Genealogy & Research / Re: Villa Marina and Harry Scribbans
« Last post by A.Muse on Today at 12:03:39 PM »
Many thanks Helig, message received.
« Last post by Helig on Today at 10:15:04 AM »
Hello Barry,

I have sent you a PM. Let me know if there are any problems.

Helig.
Fix My Street / Dumped car on green, 8th January
« Last post by Nigel The News Bot on Yesterday at 07:00:04 PM »
Dumped car on green, 8th January

There is a vehicle been dumped on the green. There is no number plates on the car and there is a flat tyre, the bottom of the car is falling apart so the vehicle clearly isn?t able to drive. The car that has been put on the green is complete and utter dross and gives the area a bad name.
Nearest road to the pin placed on the map (automatically generated by Bing Maps): 29 Maes Alltwen, Dwygyfylchi
Report on FixMyStreet

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Last post by Dave on Yesterday at 06:33:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't often shop in M&S, but have you thought about the volume of elderly people who shop there who aren't computer savvy? :-\

I don't think Amazon think too deeply about those who are not computer savvy that's for sure. Slowly but surely we will all have to change our ways, I guess it's how to tackle the change that poses the problem from all sides.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Local Eyesores
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 05:31:38 PM »
Thanks very much Meleri, your reply is really appreciated, I did try looking for something on the CCBC  planning website but this is all that came up but at least I know why I couldn't find out any more info.
I did write and ask about that underground pipe under the FOI Act but the reply letter I received stated that the CCBC did not accept that it was the commencement of the work as it did not reach the site of the construction work.    Anwyl Construction however then put the demolition of the hotel as having been the start of the construction work so as to avoid the expiry of their planning application of 2008

Application Number   Site Address   Development Description   Status   Date Registered   Decision
0/30336   Penmorfa Hotel, Abbey Road, Llandudno, Conwy, LL30 2QY   Demolition Of Extensions To Penmorfa Hotel (Conservation Area Consent)   APPEAL DECIDED   13-06-2005   
0/29417   Penmorfa Hotel, Abbey Road, Llandudno, Conwy LL30 2QY   Demolition of Extensions to Penmorfa Hotel (Conservation Area

Consent)   APPEAL LODGED   13-10-2004

Local News & Discussion / Re: CCBC costs and cutting
« Last post by Ian on Yesterday at 05:01:01 PM »
If they're deadlocked, and everyone seems happy for referendums to be held, why don't they simply ask the voters to decide?  They could do it online, so almost no costs involved and they could ask voters to vote on three questions:

1.  Increase Council tax by 11.6% or  9%?
2.  Cut all unnecessary services ('unnecessary' to be  defined by a panel of voters).
3.  Resign en masse as a point of principle and return all expenses paid to the council.

Could be interesting...
« Last post by Meleri on Yesterday at 04:37:39 PM »
The Application to demolish was 0/34245 & validation date 5/12/2007 but the information on-line can't be viewed anymore. The validation application for commencement of the site 0/39941 dated 25/6/2013 can't be viewed on-line either, Hugo you did mention this one some time ago as it was the one where they just laid an underground pipe to confirm commencement of the site & the expiry date was 19/8/2016.
As far as I can see there are no more applications for this site. You could contact the Building Control & Renewals Manager at CCBC but will probably have a long wait or ask Janet Finch Saunders as this has been one she has been chasing for a long time & perhaps needs revisiting.
« Last post by A.Muse on Yesterday at 04:14:02 PM »
Thanks Helig,

I have quite a bit of information from Ancestry and Find My Past, particularly press cuttings, but could not find the tree with the pictures you refer to on any Ancestry tree, would it be possible to PM me the details of the tree you refer to as having the collection of cars?

Thanks Barry
Local News & Discussion / Re: CCBC costs and cutting
« Last post by OrmeMac on Yesterday at 03:21:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Conwy councillors undecided on tax increase.

Councillors have failed to make a recommendation on how much Conwy’s council tax should be raised by.

Members of the county’s finance committee were asked to look at options for balancing the cash strapped council’s books when they met recently.
However members could not agree when faced with an increase of 11.6 per cent which was the figure discussed in the past or having a smaller increase of 9.6 per cent.

The council’s finance director, Andrew Kirkham, told councillors they had a thankless task as the authority struggles with a £15,270,000 resource shortfall.

Mr Kirkham said: “You have got a thankless task as members to please everybody because you’ve got the same cash resources from the Welsh Government in 19/20 as you had in 18/19 but a shed load of additional pressures to deal with and there are only two ways you can deal with it.   
Cont.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How sad. There they all sit in the comfort of their plush new building and yet they can't decide how much extra to charge everyone else to help pay for it and their other vanity projects. No doubt they will instead offer to cut their salaries and expenses.
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 03:19:15 PM »
I was looking at the CCBC planning website and saw that an application to demolish the Penmorfa Hotel was made in October 2004, yet here we are over 14 years later and the place is still like a bomb site
It's just an eyesore and yet Anwyl Construction is building estates all over North Wales and beyond but appears to be ignoring Llandudno
Does anyone know just what is going on behind the scenes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10