Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: ASSETS to tourism in Llandudno
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:30:35 AM »
Llandudno Trail Half Marathon
Sunday 7th April 2019

A stunning trail half marathon which takes place on the iconic Great Orme, the route starts and finishes in the beautiful Happy Valley which has the Victorian pier and the North shore as its background.

The race goes straight into a hill to take you to the top of the Great Orme, once up on top the race is merely undulating, with light rolling ups and downs, theres lots to see whilst running: The hills of Snowdonia, Puffin Island, Anglesey, views out towards Rhos on Sea, you will also see the Great Orme trams and cable cars.

Llandudno is a great place to visit, so plenty to do for the whole family once you have finished your race.

Advanced Online Entry: Affiliated 27, Unaffiliated 29, includes medal and Tshirt.

Deadline for names on number bibs is 3 weeks before race day.

Race start time: 10:00am
Fun Run time: 9:15am (approx 1km)

Official site    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Llandudno's Great Orme to play host to new half marathon..... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Last post by Ian on Today at 07:10:17 AM »
I think you're right about subdividing the larger shop spaces, Steve. In a sense, we're moving back towards how high streets used to look.
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 08:17:55 PM »
Great idea's, especially the shop floor demo's, I remember them from John Lewis's, many a time returning home, with some awkward parcels for the kids Xmas, and I like the artisan idea, I have always thought a start up business would do well, large premises, split into smaller units, rented out to allow serious artisans, to grow a sustainable business. initially this will not fill the empty shops, but in time, it could grow into a great asset for Llandudno.
Fix My Street / Fallen tree blocking footpath, 6th October
« Last post by Nigel The News Bot on Yesterday at 07:00:41 PM »
Fallen tree blocking footpath, 6th October

Fallen tree blocking footpath

Nearest road to the pin placed on the map (automatically generated by Bing Maps): Pentre Isaf Pen Y Garreg Lane, Penrhyn Bay
Report on FixMyStreet

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last post by Ian on Yesterday at 06:58:41 PM »
I think without a doubt that greedy landlords are the main culprits.  But I also think businesses are going to have to adapt to the new reality.  They can't simply ignore the likes of Amazon, but they can start to think of ways they can compete. There are some things that you don't want to buy on Amazon.  They've never succeeded in Groceries, clothes still dominate the high streets, along with shoes, and all manner of eating places.

But if you visit Harrods, for example, on the toys floor you'll always find a chap demonstrating something: DIY plane kits, magic kits, building sets - there's a still room for that on the high street. Jewellers are still doing well but it's businesses offering services that are ideally suited to become the new high street shops. Bespoke glass ware, for instance; Llandudno would be suited to that sort of thing where the public could watch the glass artist working.

Indoor theme parks are also perfect for places like Llandudno but all these ideas have the same problem: no one willing to put up the cash and try. So it's not all down to the Landlords. We need some entrepreneurs.
« Last post by wrex on Yesterday at 05:45:22 PM »
Need buisness rates sorting,greedy landlords need to encourage instead of sitting with empty shops and CCBC need to clean up the pavements
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 04:32:32 PM »
We saw it from a distance when we had a walk in Llanystumdwy but there were notices saying that it was private land so we didn't attempt to get there.  I'm sorry now because it would have been good to take photos   of it as it looks very impressive
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 04:29:56 PM »
Claire's possibly closing, ...........not Clare's of Mostyn St.

Claire's fear that the UK chain of fashion accessories shops could disappear from high streets, mounted earlier this year after its US parent, Claire's Stores Inc, filed for bankruptcy.

I was in the Victoria Centre yesterday, and Store 21 has emptied, closed down again ?, now the threat of Claire's, the centre was looking quiet, but so was the town. the old Mothercare however will be opening soon as a toy store.

Bearing in mind the above...........

The shocking shopper figures that should be a 'wake-up call' in Wales
The latest footfall statistics make grim reading for the Welsh retail sector.

"These figures ought to serve as a wake-up call to policy makers, beginning with a far greater focus being brought to bear on reducing the costs of doing business."    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Genealogy & Research / Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Last post by Cambrian on Yesterday at 03:22:34 PM »
annelaine

I think Victory Yard may be Victoria Yard.

This was off Back Madoc Street.  There were five of these yards which contained workshops and small dwellings.  The area has been re-developed a couple of times since the 1930s and now forms the Victoria Shopping Centre.
Genealogy & Research / Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Last post by anneelaine on Yesterday at 03:00:03 PM »
Been looking  for victory yard in Llandudno in 1911 for   Jane Ann Davies was working or living here
thanks
Anneelaine
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10