Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: Roads in the area
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 10:22:42 PM »
A470 closed between Tal Y Cafn and Maenan due to car crash

A470 crash shuts road - latest updates - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Local Wildlife
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 07:37:47 PM »
Looks great, and it should'nt be to long before he is on his feet......  ;)
« Last post by Fester on Yesterday at 06:42:57 PM »
All the pet birds I have had in the past have to go through the ritual of flying into glass windows or walls at some stage.
Itís harrowing when it happens, but they never seem to properly injure themselves.  They just look a bit perturbed for a minute or two.
This is Oliver, Iíve been looking after him for a few weeks, heís been pretty badly neglected by his owner for the last 18 years.
Vicious and wary when he first arrived at mine, but now as you can see, his inherent tameness seems to be slowly resurfacing.
Sport / Re: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018
« Last post by Ian on Yesterday at 06:12:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Will definitely walk it, a common weekend outing for me anyhow. Where is Black Gate Ian? I am wondering if I walk up the Orme and to the church/cemetery and then the down the zig zag road onto Marine Parade, if I will be able to walk along the road to find a good vantage point.

Quiggs is right.  The best route is to turn Left before the small car park at the church and cemetery. Follow the track along until it peters out.  When the wall of the farm on your left ceases and you reach open ground, you have two choices.  Follow any of the paths that go more or less straight on until you reach a small concrete road. That leads down to  Marine Drive and then it's a short walk to the cafe car park if you turn right.

To avoid the Marine drive almost completely there's another way. Once out on the open ground and beyond the farm walls,
head north to the sides of the Orme before you reach the concrete road.  Now this takes a bit of local knowledge, so if you're at all unsure stick to the concrete road route.  However, if you're feeling brave, you'll eventually reach the steep hill that directly overlooks the cafe.  There's a track down from a boulder at the top and that takes you a grassy knoll opposite the cafe car park. That's actually the safest option in avoiding the road.
« Last post by Quiggs on Yesterday at 04:43:29 PM »
Black Gate is on the main road up the Orme where the tram tracks cross the road at the traffic light 🚦 I do not think that you will be able to join the Marine drive,as it would not be safe for pedestrians. If you turn onto the trackway on the left before you get to the Cemetry and continue onto the open ground you should be able to find a way above the Marine Drive for a vantage point, or continue to the halfway Cafe. Itís quite a walk and a map of the Orme would help. Itís a long time since Iíve been that way, I hope nothing has changed to right of way  Happy walking 🚶‍♀️
« Last post by mondie on Yesterday at 03:19:13 PM »
Will definitely walk it, a common weekend outing for me anyhow. Where is Black Gate Ian? I am wondering if I walk up the Orme and to the church/cemetery and then the down the zig zag road onto Marine Parade, if I will be able to walk along the road to find a good vantage point.
Games, Jokes & Quizzes / Re: Less clean jokes: adults only
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 03:08:57 PM »
My wife found out that our dog (a Schnauzer) could hardly hear, so she took it to the veterinarian.

The vet found that the problem was hair in the dog's ears. He cleaned both ears, and the dog could then hear fine. The vet then proceeded to tell Andrea that, if she wanted to keep this from recurring, she should go to the store and get some "Nair" hair remover and rub it in the dog's ears once a month

Andrea went to the store and bought some "Nair" hair remover.

At the register, the pharmacist told her, "If you're going to use this under your arms, don't use deodorant for a few days."

Andrea said, "I'm not using it under my arms."

The pharmacist said, "If you're using it on your legs, don't use body lotion for a couple of days."

Andrea replied, "I'm not using it on my legs either If you must know, I'm using it on my Schnauzer.

The pharmacist says, "Well, stay off your bicycle for about a week."

Local News & Discussion / Re: Roads in the area
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:48:35 PM »
Five week upgrade works  to begin on the A55 in September     

Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:41:49 PM »
NWPRoadsPolicingUnit
@NWPRPU
Just waiting on recovery in #Colwyn Bay. Vehicle uninsured since May. Driver disclaimed ownership and reported.    They could have a busy time in the area  if they want to catch all the road tax cheats

« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 12:16:33 PM »
Poor bird 😪
We have a few pigeons that can't fly, perfectly happy in the aviary,  one came from Fester 7 years ago, still fit as a fiddle and very happy!

ME, I nearly got in touch with you, for some advice, but tried the rescue people mentioned above first, who turned out to be very helpful, despite the outcome, but it's nice to know that you and others out there, try a little harder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10