Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Last post by Dave on Yesterday at 05:28:10 PM »
I have a feeling nothing will happen on this site for a long time to come. The building cost will be huge, consequently the apartments will be hugely expensive. In the current climate I can't see it going ahead. If I had megabucks I wouldn't want to buy an apartment overlooking the pier below with the constant playing of 1950's pop music, the smell of candy floss and donuts wafting over my sea view balcony. The sounds of the amusement arcade almost as irritating as having my pre dinner drinks and nibbles raided by the gulls. The only way that I can see the plan developing is if they manage to buy the pier and then who knows what. That would be a very dark day for Llandudno's tourism in my opinion.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Last post by norman08 on Yesterday at 05:26:56 PM »
Yes Meleri I've seen the plans and pics it looks very good must admit, they must be digging deep to have car parking, I was the First /second person in there when the family opened it 😢.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Local Eyesores
« Last post by Dave on Yesterday at 05:15:05 PM »
I agree, buildings should be sympathetic to their surroundings and I can see plenty of room to object on this development, particularly when you know the whole thing is about making money for the developer on a huge scale and with zero concern or morality in how they go about it. The future must be apartment builds though, like it or not. There's a finite amount of land and a rising population. Do we keep the very best bits for the very wealthy who can build their ugly monstrosities in Llys Helig Drive ? I didn't hear any mumblings of discontent about any of the recent carbuncles that have appeared there.
« Last post by Meleri on Yesterday at 04:05:11 PM »
I have just had a look at the application Norman and if you want to see it, go on to Conwy County Borough Council Planning Site & it's Reference No 0/45869. They have photomontages of what it will look like and I think it looks very good indeed. They are doubling the size with an extension in the car park at the back & it's for 20 apartments. The applicant are PJ, NN & AM Jones & the owner of the site is Mr P Lloyd.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Last post by Meleri on Yesterday at 03:31:02 PM »
You are right Bellringer in saying that the Gyffin site is a contingency site, but it should be for 10 dwellings as stated on the LDP. It looks as if they are going to attempt to cram an extra 5 dwellings on a small site. If the Council is unable to achieve a 5 year housing land supply they will release sites from the list of contingency sites in order to increase this housing land supply, government are demanding. Conwy is in need of affordable housing for young people & the over 65's but very few of this type are being built & greedy developers are jumping on the bandwagon in building high priced housing so they gain more profit. It's about time CCBC looked at this problem in order to meet the demand in what type of houses are really needed in Conwy before more green field sites are released & concreted over.
If I may correct you Bellringer the site here on Sychnant Pass is for 83 dwellings not 93. As it stands the gardens are very small, I doubt they could squeeze another 10 on that site unless they take the paddocks off the luxury 600,000+ houses. But there again who knows what may happen!
Local News & Discussion / Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 02:47:46 PM »
I'm sure that I read on here that Waldron bought the site with a financial input from another person, so there is no way on earth that he could  fund the building by himself.
« Last post by born2run on Yesterday at 12:37:59 PM »
Is that yet another pub closing then?
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Last post by Bellringer on Yesterday at 11:00:52 AM »
Outline planning permission now submitted for up to 15 dwellings on land off Henryd Road by D Mortimer-Jones.
With work now started on the building of 93 new homes on the Sychnant Pass Road, it’s hard to understand a further development on what is an LDP Contingency site.

Should create more congestion than usual at the junction in Gyffin village at school and other peak times!

Just who is going to buy all these homes? Even So-called affordable housing is hardly affordable at present.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Shops
« Last post by Ian on Yesterday at 10:47:44 AM »
At the start of the '90s St John's church did very well out of selling their old schoolroom to M & S, when the latter was still enjoying its expansionist phase.  Now, with both M & S stores becoming vacant, wonder if anyone connected to the church would buy them back?  They could lease out the lower floors to smaller. niche shops and turn the upper floors into Church-based activity centres.
« Last post by norman08 on Yesterday at 10:41:19 AM »
Has anyone seen the planning application for the Neville, wanting to do 19 apartments.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10