Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: Recycling across the area
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 04:47:37 PM »
Conwy Council bin collections to be every four weeks
Councillors have voted to try out monthly bin collections in Conwy.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Everything to do with Conwy
« Last post by Meleri on Today at 03:17:56 PM »
I'm trying to find out if they have TPO's on them Hugo, but I don't hold much hope.

That's an interesting Fact DVT as some of the trees in question have white flowers and some pink. Could that be the reason some cases had large prickles and others none.

What I can remember is getting some large bruises whenever the opposition missed the conker and hit my hand instead.
« Last post by Ian on Today at 01:52:28 PM »
Not sure H & S legislation is to blame;  rather, workers who want as little to do as possible using it every opportunity they get.
« Last post by DVT on Today at 12:47:58 PM »
Shame to be chopping down trees but there is more awareness now about disease than there used to be - back then trees died and fell down, there was no tree euthenasia (spelling?).

On the subject of conkers - I used to collect mine off a tree in Bodnant that had pink flowers - the tree is in Furnace meadow which opened to the public last April - the conkers were harder - that was 60 years ago!  As a guide there now I relate this to visitors and whilst I expect children not to know about playing conkers, I find that many parents also haven't a clue what I am talking about (grandparents are fully aware, though!) - you make a hole in the conker, thread a shoelace through it and then bash your mate's similar conker on a string, taking turns until one breaks!

Health & Safety has destroyed many of the past-times we had as kids, yet does not seem too disturbed about kids eyesight and hearing being destroyed by spending all their time on their X-Box or listening on their MP3's!
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 12:24:52 PM »
Do those trees have any Tree Preservation Orders ( TPO's ) on them Meleri?       
Fix My Street / Re: Yet more fouling, 20th January
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 12:21:13 PM »
It seems to be a problem everywhere Meleri and I don't know what the answer to it is.   There are hefty fines for those who commit the offences but I've not heard of many irresponsible dog owners being fined.
One person was fined a number of times for letting his dog foul on the West Shore so you can't educate these type of people.

In Wentworth Avenue on Colwyn Heights where the school is there are three big litter bins and one red dog bin yet I've still seen dog muck on the pavement.     So knowing full well that there are children in the area they still don't pick up after their dogs.   
I must admit that when I'm walking my dog and if I see another dog making a mess that I'll hang around to ensure that the owner picks the mess up and if not I'll have a word with them.
« Last post by Meleri on Today at 11:46:38 AM »
I haven't been down for a look yet ME but I like your clock  :D

If anyone is interested in the new Cultural Hub being built on the Old Bodlondeb School site there is lots of details on Planning Application 0/44764 on CCBC Planning Portal.  Excavation works are due to start March this year. I'm sad to see part of the proposed site goes beyond the existing site, where the parking turning area goes into Bodlondeb Park where the large Horse Chestnut Trees are. Many of the trees are to be taken down due to disease, but some are to be taken down as they may later become diseased. As a child every year I looked forward to collecting the conkers and the ensuing conker fights, as I'm sure many other children did. I'm feeling very sad about this, surely those trees not diseased can be left alone  :(
« Last post by Meleri on Today at 11:29:24 AM »
I agree with you Hugo it's all down to irresponsible dog owners, if there are no bins take it home and flush it down the toilet. They choose to own the dog so should take responsibility for it.
The Sychnant Pass road going down to Conwy and Parc Sychnant pavements are dreadful at the moment  :(
Local News & Discussion / Re: Cafes, Restaurants, Pubs & Takeaways
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 11:12:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thinking of your ten pound meal, Hugo, check this out for a shocker.......

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Definitely out of my league Steve, but I'll mention it to Tellytubby and Rhuddlan who might like to dine there on one of their many continental holidays.
More in my league is the Valentine evening at Home from Home Cooking in Penrhyn Bay.     A three course meal plus a glass of fizz on arrival and at 24.99 it's well worth it.     I've already  booked my table today so I can post the menu on here now.      ;D
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 11:04:25 AM »
It's only an after thought but how would a dog bin help the situation which has been caused by irresponsible dog owners who never pick up dog mess anyway?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10