Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ask a Local / Re: Llandudno swimming pool
« Last post by Ian on Today at 04:05:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fair play to them for getting one of the school kids to write the notice as well  $good$

Well, that does go to indicate the intellectual level of the management. That is almost unbelievable for a Council department but, then again, perhaps not for this one...  Z@@
Genealogy & Research / Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 01:48:41 PM »
Thanks for that info squiggles but unless anything else crops up then I think that there is nothing else we can do, the only breakthrough would appear to be local knowledge.

Speaking of which, I have just had a quick and interesting phone call from someone who has promised to phone me back some time.    He has been reading your posts and may be able to fill in any missing pieces of the jigsaw.     Just watch this space       $good$
« Last post by born2run on Today at 01:32:10 PM »
Also hear that gym goers are being directed to use the disabled toilet to get changed. How is a disabled person supposed to use the toilet if there's a queue of gym heads getting changed in there?! Now given that disability is a protected characteristic if any disabled customers (or staff) feel like getting a lawyer and suing this tin pot of an outfit for discrimination they'd be $$$$$$ in  ££$
« Last post by born2run on Today at 12:19:44 PM »
Fair play to them for getting one of the school kids to write the notice as well  $good$
« Last post by squigglev2 on Today at 12:00:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1969 - Farms/Farmers with the name Davies:

Farms and Riding Stables:
 Robert Davies  Penlan Farm Glanwydden,
T Davies Fron Farm, Bryn Pydew,
T Davies Marl Farm, Llan Jct.
Farmers
D. Davies Maes Cadwgan Farm  Conwy
 D Davies Penlan Farm Glanwydden
T Davies, Bryn Euryn Farm Rhos-on-Sea
Pensarn Farm doesn't appear to be listed, but I've not yet looked in the Street listings

Doesn’t help with the quest but just for info, it was the Rawlingson family at Fron Farm in 1969. Glyn ran the farm but I think it belonged to “Tom Marl”
« Last post by Bri Roberts on Today at 11:59:01 AM »
Just returned from the gym and noticed a new notice on the exit door.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Air / Sea Rescue / RNLI / Coastguard
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 11:04:23 AM »
It was mentioned at the arrival ceremony, that 13 18 on  passage to Conwy on Saturday, had assisted the Beaumaris
lifeboat in a rescue.

RNLI details.
The 75ft - 35,000kg Sunseeker Predator hard aground at moelfre’s former Lifeboat Station slipway known locally as Porth Neigwl

Beaumaris lifeboat arrived on scene off Llanddona and with 2 pumps aboard the water level dropped. Llandudno’s new Shannon Class lifeboat, on passage to Conwy, also assisted and provided a 3rd pump. They stood by while Beaumaris Lifeboat responded to another, separate incident.

Once in Beaumaris the vessel was placed alongside the pier for salvage experts to assess, but once forward motion stopped the vessel began to sink once again so all lines were released and the vessel was beached safely.

This was a fantastic multi agency rescue involving RNLI crews from Moelfre, Beaumaris and Llandudno as well as local Coastguard teams from Moelfre and Penmon, who also provided vital assistance ashore. All occupants of the vessel were rescued safe and well, and the vessel undoubtedly saved preventing any environmental risk or navigational risk to other vessels
« Last post by Hugo on Today at 10:49:34 AM »
Thanks Anneelaine,   there are some mysteries that we can't resolve and perhaps this is one of them and will have to be put to bed.

It's a shame really because there are a lot of Davies' in the Llandudno Junction area with links to a farming background.    I can think of 5 farms within a radius of less than 2 miles from Pensarn Farm that have connections with the Davies family.     I am also reliably informed that the Davies family members would meet at Esgyryn Farm  (pictured)  and I've a feeling that some forum members may be related to you but the link hasn't been established.

It would seem that there is a black secret hiding here and lots of families have them and sometimes it has been done to protect the feelings of others
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:02:52 AM »
From the RSPB.....

Swans eat aquatic vegetation, which their long necks equip them to take from the riverbed. They take the molluscs that cling to the vegetation, and also eat small fish, frogs and worms.

They will graze big grassy fields, and can survive quite successfully in a field of short-cropped grass. Flocks of Bewick's and whooper swans can be seen in potato fields during the winter, feeding on the potatoes left after harvesting.

Swans normally find enough food in the wild without supplementary feeding. It is only in freezing weather that extra food can be helpful. Many people like feeding bread to swans and while this is unlikely to do them any real harm in the long term, it is no substitute for the proper diet that the birds themselves will seek out.

Grain, such as wheat, and vegetable matter, especially lettuce and potatoes, can be fed to swans. Food should be thrown into the water to avoid encouraging the birds onto the bank.

Read more at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Genealogy & Research / Re: Thomas Richard EVANS
« Last post by mull on Today at 09:30:14 AM »
Think Ivor Shields lived in the 2nd house in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10