Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Please can you help me collect some photos of the shops at the far end of Conwy Road on the same side of the road as the new Medical Centre.

One of my customers would like some photos of the Bicycle Shop which once existed there.

Many thanks,

Charles Eaves @ All Our Yesterdays.
Local News & Discussion / Llandudno Rotary - any members?
« Last post by mondie on Yesterday at 10:16:10 PM »
I am considering joining Rotary and wondered if there are any members on the forum. I am keen to donate some of my time to helping the local community and to help to get to know people as a newcomer. Have had a good read through the local Rotary website and was surprised at how active the group is and to see they meet weekly. I would love to be able to commit fully but weekly meetings are going to be pretty difficult and I wondered what the typical time commitment is?

Cheers,
Simon
Local News & Discussion / Re: Roads in the area
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 12:34:54 PM »
Driver wins appeal over Mersey toll bridge fine...and this is how he did it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Local News & Discussion / Re: Recycling across the area
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 10:49:27 AM »
Common sense should prevail.     $good$
Local News & Discussion / Re: Recycling across the area
« Last post by Bosun on Yesterday at 08:40:53 AM »

For a change, common sense.
Local News & Discussion / Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Last post by nwpo on November 20, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »
DaveR, I agree and thought it was only me. The videos are sometimes not even relevant to the article and I've not found a way yet of turning the things off. However, unlike Newsquest who fill half the page if you use an adblocker at least Mirror Group don't do that yet.

The newspaper industry is in a race to the bottom now with those type of "Buzzfeed" headlines the order of the day and articles that tell me what side the football (or other television event) is on. It's time for the newspapers to go back to the old days of less but more relevant content rather than the current attempts at churnalism.
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by Bosun on November 20, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

And... if I want to see elderly arthritic people shuffling about in an uncoordinated manner, I can look in my bedroom mirror, or pop into Weatherspoons any afternoon of the week.

........or morning.

« Last post by Fester on November 20, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »
Conwy food fair has proper entertainment. Case in point - If I want to see the Goat Roper Rodeo band play one of their own shows they are priced typically between £10 to 15 - same for the Welsh Pink Floyd. There I could see both of them and about 20 other quality acts for £9. Absolute bargain I would say. Z**

Spot on B2R,
And... if I want to see elderly arthritic people shuffling about in an uncoordinated manner, I can look in my bedroom mirror, or pop into Weatherspoons any afternoon of the week.
« Last post by Bri Roberts on November 20, 2017, 11:27:34 AM »
Found this link.
LLANDUDNO CHRISTMAS FAYRE COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY

I wonder why ‘Irene’ is known locally as ‘Eileen’

By the way, a community interest company is a special type of limited company which exists to benefit the community rather than private shareholders.
« Last post by Bosun on November 20, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
We visited, too, and it was a well organised event.

However, when you have 136 stalls each paying £1000 for to attend, do you really need to charge an admission fee as well?

The organiser said: “Events like this cost a lot to put on and any profits that are made will go back to the community interest company for future events, the charge is not about making profit.”

I would say a £1 admission charge is more than enough if that is your objective...

Slightly disingenuous, looking at the link in Bri's post, only the largest chalet type stalls were £1k, whilst the smallest stalls cost £300.

Still.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10