Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fix My Street / Street lamp dayburning, 7th December
« Last post by Nigel The News Bot on Today at 07:03:18 PM »
Street lamp dayburning, 7th December

The victorian style street lamp on clonmel street is on continuously.
Nearest road to the pin placed on the map (automatically generated by Bing Maps): 15 Clonmel Street, Llandudno
Report on FixMyStreet

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Obits / Bryan Davies
« Last post by Cambrian on Today at 12:53:08 PM »
Bryan Davies, the well-known Llandudno estate agent has died.  Funeral 1230 on Thursday, 20th December, at St Paul's Church, Craig y Don.  Originally with the old firm of Ifronwy Jones, Davies & Co he branched out on his own about 40 years ago.
Local News & Discussion / Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 11:34:38 AM »
LLANDUDNO will receive a dusting of snowmen collecting for local charities in the run up to Christmas.

The snowmen will actually be cunningly disguised members of the town’s Rotary Club, who will be collecting for St David’s and Ty Gobaith hospices. They will be trudging the streets between Wednesday December 19 and Saturday December 22.

Rotarian Chris Drew said: “We have a rota of 20 volunteers prepared to don snowmen outfits. Every year we are amazed at, and gratified by, the kindness of visitors and residents alike in supporting this worthwhile venture. Last Christmas we raised £1,500 and want to do better this year.”   ref Pioneer

Local News & Discussion / Re: Llandudno Pier
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 10:02:34 AM »
Indirect pier news...................

One of Wales's top foodie pubs has been bought by well known businessman - who lives next door
Pier owner Adam Williams has snapped up his own local - the Kinmel Arms in St George.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Local News & Discussion / Re: CCBC costs and cutting
« Last post by Hugo on Yesterday at 06:29:12 PM »
There was a machine like a giant cherry picker with two men on it repairing the roof and that won't come cheap.  I just hope that after a few weeks the CCBC doesn't have to pick up the bill for that
Local News & Discussion / Re: Special Award of the Week
« Last post by SteveH on Yesterday at 11:11:28 AM »
A55 rock-throwing yob could have caused serious crash.

The windscreen of a car was smashed during the terrifying incident,  near Llanddulas at around 3.10pm on Sunday, December 9,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Travel / Re: Room with a view
« Last post by Hugo on December 10, 2018, 06:06:51 PM »
It looks different to the image I saw of the Fairmont Marina Residence that I saw on Google but I'll accept half a point for Abu Dhabi

Make the most of it Hollins because the weather back home is awful and getting colder
« Last post by hollins on December 10, 2018, 06:01:41 PM »
Oh, thanks for that Hugo. I was looking at that building today and was wondering what was in it!  ;D
Yes, Abu Dhabi for my December jaunt this time. This is my abode.
« Last post by Hugo on December 10, 2018, 05:26:23 PM »
Is it the Fairmont Marina Residence in Abu Dhabi?
« Last post by hollins on December 10, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »
 No, not Dubai, not far away though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10