Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local News & Discussion / Re: The long running saga of Colwyn Bay Pier
« Last post by Dave on Today at 08:01:13 PM »
Must admit I agree, the bay looks much better without one.

Hobbies and Interests / Re: Photography
« Last post by squigglev2 on Today at 07:11:18 PM »
Not a lot but you may have at least shredded properly.  I’d don’t know about your shredder but ours cuts into little bits rather than long strips.

Not that convinced by Banksy btw. But that’s probably part of a wider lack of understanding of art..

Is he really better than other (not that I could name one) graffiti artists? Has he just managed to milk “media fame”?

Any on a wider issue, why does value depend so much on who painted it rather than whether it looks good to you?
Local News & Discussion / Re: Llandudno's Pier Pavilion redevelopment site
« Last post by wrex on Today at 06:15:15 PM »
who put them up too that then i wonder,lol
Concerns raised about impact Pier Pavilion development may have on Llandudno mine.

Concerns have been raised about how controversial construction plans on a site in Llandudno will impact on a historically important mine site.
The Ty Gwyn Mine coffin levels run directly underneath North Road behind the Llandudno Pier, right up to the boarder of the proposed Pier Pavilion site.

Debbie Wareham, part of the Maritime Heritage Social Enterprise and Charity, has raised concerns the Pier Pavilion development planned could impact on the Ty Gwyn Mine, a site she said had national and local importance.      Ref Pioneer

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sport / Re: Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018/2019
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 04:51:34 PM »
The worlds best rally drivers are set to return to North Wales again in 2019.

Just weeks after a successful 2018 Dayinsure wales Rally GB, organisers have already revealed the event will be returning in 2019.
While a route is yet to be revealed the 2019 Wales Rally GB dates have been set for October 3 to 6, 2019.
On Twitter, the official Wales Rally GB account, said: A date for the diary - Dayinsure Wales Rally GB will be on the 3-6 October 2019.
"Who is coming back for more mud and excitement?"

This year's event was labelled a huge success and included a UK first as rally cars were able to take to public roads.
Dayinsure Wales Rally GB Managing Director, Ben Taylor said it had been an amazing weekend and was a great way to finish with Llandudno and the Great Orme providing the perfect backdrop.
Taylor said: “We made history of our own as well this weekend, bringing World Championship motor sport to public streets for the first time in Britain.

“Llandudno looked amazing and it was wonderful to see so many spectators coming out to experience the WRC. We had amazing crowds all weekend.”   ref Pioneer

Genealogy & Research / Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Last post by DVT on Today at 03:47:32 PM »
William Henry Evans is too recent to trace through findmypast, but you have links to Hughes family at Trefriw, who are linked to the Evans family at Ffrith-y-Foel, so it looks as though things are coming together that way.  It is possible that William Henry Evans is a decscendant of James and Anne Evans.
Genealogy & Research / Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Last post by anneelaine on Today at 03:24:22 PM »
William Henry Evans, Gwyrfai, Glan Conway,
Lived at the farm I am 99.9%
                                        thinking it was Pensarm Farm in 1967 or 66
Dad said it was his cousin that's all
Never heard of the name  Evens before
 till you said about 1911
Anneelaine

Local News & Discussion / Re: The long running saga of Colwyn Bay Pier
« Last post by Neil on Today at 12:52:02 PM »
Have any of the Pier enthusiasts had a look at the Bay without the Pier? In my opinion the Bay looks far better without a Pier, if you look at pictures of the various Piers that have been on this site they all look like eyesores to me. Piers were essential in holiday resorts for a long time, but Colwyn Bay Has not been a holiday resort for years, it has two hotels and a B&B. The best place for a pier like structure would be the Rhos on Sea end of the Bay if you must have one.
Politics & Current Affairs / Re: Kingdom Security
« Last post by SteveH on Today at 12:49:48 PM »
Since Kingdom went, I thought I was being a bit paranoid, did I see more dog muck around ?, there was definitely more dogs off their leads, I live in a quiet road and noticed dogs being leashed as they got nearer to the main road, a very dangerous habit.

Initially We agreed something needed done, but disagreed with Kingdoms methods, but maybe we needed the heavy handed approach and the publicity for it to be effective ?

Colwyn Bay resident says he would "welcome back Kingdom with open arms" after dog fouling gets out of hand
A Colwyn Bay residents has said he would "welcome back Kingdom with open arms" after dog fouling has begun to get out of hand in his neighbourhood.

Brackley Avenue resident Mike Roberts said he has found bags of dog muck all over the place in his street from on top of his hedge and hanging from trees to neighbours gardens.
He said: "I would welcome Kingdom back with open arms. Bring Kingdom here.

"We have dog muck in people's gardens, hanging from trees, no fewer than six bags lumped on the pavement and even dog muck not in bags on my drive.
"People are placing them all over the shop and my neighbours have brought it to the council's attention

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hobbies and Interests / Re: Photography
« Last post by DVT on Today at 12:38:07 PM »
Last night I spent time shredding a load of old bank statements and suchlike ... the shredded pieces are now in a bin, but can easily be emptied out to be a pile of shredded paper on the floor..

Anyone any idea how much that would be worth?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10